Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this melasma when i got pregnant for the first time. I have used HQ, Azelaic acid, Dermamelan and nothing works for me. I got it again. I have heard of cosmo peel.If someone can help me what to do. Day by day i am losing confidence and want someone to guide or help me. Should i go for cosmo peel or what should i try. Thanks
atia

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome Atia! If you look through the posts I am positive you will find an answer to your question as I've seen melasma as a subject pretty often, and you are bound to find something here that will help you. Good Luck!

·
Registered
679 Posts
hello and welcome to skin care talk. usually after pregancy the melasma starts to fade itself. sounds different in your case. i am sure you will find the answer here. there are a lot of smart people and a lot of people who have melasma so i am sure you will get info you will need here.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hello atia welcome to Skin Talk you will get lots of help her and have fun too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got this melasma when i got pregnant for the first time. I have used HQ, Azelaic acid, Dermamelan and nothing works for me. I got it again. I have heard of cosmo peel.If someone can help me what to do. Day by day i am losing confidence and want someone to guide or help me. Should i go for cosmo peel or what should i try. Thanks
atia
Hi, I'm not sure about the cosmo peel, as I don't know anything about it. But I do know that you are not alone, there are many of us in the same situation.I saw a private consultant about my skin and he suggested using Pigmanorm cream.At the moment I am waiting for him to chase it up for me ( problems with shipment - it comes from America or Germany ). Please don't let it get you down too much!! All the best,

Cherryb.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did one glyco peel which removed half of mine than after 3 more glyco peels failed to remove the other half, I did a TCA peel which grabbed and removed the other half
Got my peels from Amazon and learned how to them via youtube. I had been using HQ prior and it didn't touch it with the exception of layering more stuff on it to keep it there. Had I known I needed to "strip" my face with degreasers, I may have been able to get the remainder off on round one. Initially the hq made it redder and sensitive then it just got tough again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i've read that it's normal when you acquire melasma after pregnancy and it'll eventually fade on its own. in this case, i think a dermatologist's opinion is really necessary as well as the treatment she'll suggest. btw, is HQ short for hydroquinone? i know that hydroquinone is a really strong stuff and is actually dangerous.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, My derm and plastic surgeon said I would get some lightening, but would still be visible...they were wrong...they were only right about the hq not working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts