Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have fair skin with melasma.

I am currently using the Obaji Nu-Derm system with some success. The hydroquinone/blender and the Nu-Derm Tretinoin Cream 0.1% are especially helpful. I am also using the Is Clinical C & E. This combination is helping, but I am looking for additional products.

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone tried M2? Which of the coffee berry products are best for melasma (Revitale or Priori)? Are there any recommended vitamins for melasma?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I, too, afflicted with this condition, but nothing you do externally will be of great help or even permanent, unless you also address your internal terrain. I started using an herbal liver cleanse,taking Grapefruit Seed Extract (the natural citricidal kind) (liquid)
It took only about five weeks to almost completely disappear. I believe liver spots, melasma, age spots, whatever they are called are mostly related to an internal fungal condition, which the GSE greatly treated and that is why it acted so faster. I ,am taking 17 drops 2 x a day on a empty stomach. Omega 3 fish oil 1000mg 2 - 2x day vitamin C 2 x a day. I called your prescription for health and talked with a homeopathic in Owings Mill, MD. phone number 1-888-794-4325 and said I was on the right track. And that people with darker skin tone are most likely to have a vitamin D deficiency and that could play a big factor in melasma. I just started vitamin D so I can’t say much about it. I’am so grateful to have found some thing that worked for me and just wanted to let every one to know so maybe it can help someone else. Read up on the Grapefruit seed extract and on vitamin D.

·
Registered
1 Posts
iam using retin a .25% an clarifying lotion and a fade out cream for my melasma,it just lighten it but not totally erases the dark spots,is there such thing to really make it go away

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can try the skin lightening forum here for suggestions. An AHA peel such as lactic acid or glycolic acid may lighten for you. There's a great deal of info and photos on the internet of how these products work with melasma.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Clabbergirl, one of the best treatments for melasma is this stuff called Triluma. It is expensive & strong, but since it is for melasma & not overall lightening, I imagine you'll only be using it in a target specific manner. For some reason (even derms aren't sure why
) hyperpigmented skin reacts faster to the agents in these creams than does regular pigmentation. It might be the solution for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ,
my doc told me i had dermal melasma.
i was using hydroquinone based creams prescribed by my doc
for almost a year.my skin cleared for some days and then
it all came back with a vengeance.i cried i cried .i stopped going out to meet
my friends.it was really really bad.
now..
i have gone off all topical treatments the doc gave me
i apply acv with water 1:1 every day for 1 hour.
i apply organic honey for 1 hour
i take some supplements
gse 100mg capsule 3 times a day
vitc 500 mg once a day
betadine carotenoids once a day.
if i have more time i mix lemon and cucumber paste togther and keep on my face for an hour.
in less than a month my year long melasma has reduced by 80 percent.
try it ,natural remedies work the best
best of luck to u all.
i am a happy person now

i am an indian .i dont have dark skin,but i am not fair either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ,
my doc told me i had dermal melasma.
i was using hydroquinone based creams prescribed by my doc
for almost a year.my skin cleared for some days and then
it all came back with a vengeance.i cried i cried .i stopped going out to meet
my friends.it was really really bad.
now..
i have gone off all topical treatments the doc gave me
i apply acv with water 1:1 every day for 1 hour.
i apply organic honey for 1 hour
i take some supplements
gse 100mg capsule 3 times a day
vitc 500 mg once a day
betadine carotenoids once a day.
if i have more time i mix lemon and cucumber paste togther and keep on my face for an hour.
in less than a month my year long melasma has reduced by 80 percent.
try it ,natural remedies work the best
best of luck to u all.
i am a happy person now

i am an indian .i dont have dark skin,but i am not fair either.
what is a gse or vitc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried hydroquinone (hq). Initially it helped lighten up a bit but then it came back worse. I will never use it again. Many countries ban it considered cancer causing. I don't know if that's true or not but I do know it made my melasma worse. Anyone wanting to try hq - please research it. If I had known what I know now about it, I never would have tried it. Hq is put in a lot of whitening products so be sure to read the labels.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I tried hydroquinone (hq). Initially it helped lighten up a bit but then it came back worse. I will never use it again. Many countries ban it considered cancer causing. I don't know if that's true or not but I do know it made my melasma worse. Anyone wanting to try hq - please research it. If I had known what I know now about it, I never would have tried it. Hq is put in a lot of whitening products so be sure to read the labels.
I have always heard that hydroquinone is not good for the skin or the health however, it can be a very effective skin whitening agent for some people so some people refuse to stop using it regardless of the fact that it may cause liver damage, skin damage, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts