Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey..
Am new to the forum.. I hv read thro' your valuable posts.
I have some basic questions on skin lightening.
-- HQ 4% and RA is effective on men skin?
-- what are best products for skin lightening for men?
-- I have gone through alchemist when I search for HQ..it is showing 2 products which one I have to choose? and I cannot find RA in their listing. where can I order RA?

And I heard that HQ and RA were shipped from India. There is any clue where we can get them in India? one of my friend is coming from India next week..

Thanks in advance..

--LuckY

·
Registered
500 Posts
get 4% alustra and use the search feature on alldaychemist type tretinoin or retin a they have all 3 strengths ,i would get 0.025 if u aint used it before ,take it easy
ps im a man

·
Registered
96 Posts
We would greatly benefit from Retin-A and HQ because our skin is constantly going through damage from shaving - all those bumps, ingrown hairs, and all the dead skin cells accumulated in between shaves. Our skin is ruddy and rough looking and we go through a lot of environmental damage by being out in the sun and pollution so Retin-A undoes all that with constant use and HQ comes in and evens out your skin tone producing a brighter, unblemished appearence. The Best Products for skin lightening for men would vary by people because you asked an opinion based question but research and experience from many of the people at this community points to HQ/RA for effective skin lightening.
-If your friend is coming from India, I suggest you call them up at the US hotline - 213-291-2588 and ask them where they are located in India or if you could pay for the low shipping cost and purchase the products then send them to your friend's house in India, he will receive it and bring them to you.

·
Registered
467 Posts
hi,i'am new.But i've used tri-luma before with very good results,i had hyperpigmentation very badly on my left lower jaw,where i shave,i went to the derm and i got the tri-luma cream with hydroquinone and tretinoin in this one cream and it did wonders for me with the spots,but they told me to apply over the whole face and neck and i got very,very light.but when i stop i got very dark,i'am normanlly a nice brown complexion but i heal from that.with a nice complexion,but tri-luma works wonder thow!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tri-Luma does work wonders but its VERY damaging to your skin if used for more than 3 months maximum because it contains steroids along with Retin-A and Hydroquinone which will weaken your skins ability to heal properly. Retin-A and Hydroquinone is good for the skin if you alternate it and use it with caution but if you add steroid to your skin along with that then thats toxic, just a heads up.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi haiji!
Welcome to the forum. Your skin is a nice colour. As for thee tri-luma with the anti-inflammatory in it, it is NOT toxic. The anti-inflammatory in the cream is there to mmitigate the potential irritation from the tretinoin. The down-side is that, with prolongued use, it can thin the skin. BUT, the tretinoin builds collagen thereby thickening the skin so the 2 cancel eachother out. The skin retains its thickness but the irritation from the tretinoin is diminished.

Whether male or female, the HQ/RA regimen is effective.

·
Registered
96 Posts
the tretinoin would build the collagen up if all these three ingredients were used separately and not all together. When you have a cream with steroid and retin a all it does is just thin the skin, go look up Dr. Kligman's, the world's leading dermatologists' articles on retin-a and steroid used together over prolonged period. theres too many to quote from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts