Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1172 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been using the mequinol with tretinoin for a week now!I had no reddeness iam peeling around the mouth area and a little off my facial cheeks.The concertration iam using is 10% mequinol,With the tretinoin I just use that at night only,But I use the mequinol twice a day!The tretinoin can be irritated at times.And i notice after around the 4th day of using,I started to feel the stinging it was not intense,But it was notice of the feeling,I'am feeling this stuff now!I know some of you guys my say dilute it,I think when something be diluted or known as watered down it's cuts the effect out of it.I don't really no is mequinol systemic or not but my spouse told me one night that the top of my feets where peeling and I don't even apply it there strange, I keep up with my updates!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi dear ! Mequinol works well. I've used it before. And it's semi permanent so the effects last for a while. I will say that you should cut back on the usage of tretinoin. You are peeling, thus you should avoid exfoliating agents on the raw skin. If you could take at least one whole day to intensively moisturise, that will be good for you dear.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I hope it works but iam peeling now not bad as I was at first just see what times tell!It's a depigment agent it should work!But my spouse told me that it coming thru,And iam start to notice a small light dot on my right side of face/lower facial cheek hair follicle area.But mequinol works slow,i see it does now.I use some powerful natural creams before with sepiwhite and it works way faster than this,Lol!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys another update!The skin have peeled off around my mouth,But still peeling a little bit under my chin!My neck has turned red in a little spot of my neck.But tonight iam let my skin rest!Going slow is the good way to go!And it also thight around my facial cheeks and mouth areas!But I think my facial cheeks going to peel I can tell of the thightness!

·
Registered
583 Posts
3 month's what exactly were you using.Did make your own.Would love to hear mor e about your experience with it if you dont mind.

·
Registered
163 Posts
3 month's what exactly were you using.Did make your own.Would love to hear mor e about your experience with it if you dont mind.
Initially I planed on making my own as I thought it was more economical, but decided to buy from goldpharma. I bought ten tubes and used along with retin-a for 3 months. At first I was using it at 1:1 ratio but it was far too strong so I changed it to 1:6 (I heard that was a winning ratio for another member). I started with twice day, then went down to only at night. My neck and face are still darker than my body (because of mq). I actually think I saw a bit of paleness but that just made me look more red, darker and grey. My opinion on mequinol is that it may be best to use another lighter first or whilst your using it. The results (even though I didn't get any) are very, very slow. The lightening you get from mequinol is said to be different from other lighteners anyway (very pale). I don't know if it's that south bake for deeper complexions starting out. Although I'm not new to the lightening game, I have dark complexion because my skin reverted once I stopped using certain products. I might order the mequinol pre mixed cream from glow skin to see if that makes a difference, as another member had some results.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hey Haiji
I been using the mequinol with tretinoin for a week now!I had no reddeness iam peeling around the mouth area and a little off my facial cheeks.The concertration iam using is 10% mequinol,With the tretinoin I just use that at night only,But I use the mequinol twice a day!The tretinoin can be irritated at times.And i notice after around the 4th day of using,I started to feel the stinging it was not intense,But it was notice of the feeling,I'am feeling this stuff now!I know some of you guys my say dilute it,I think when something be diluted or known as watered down it's cuts the effect out of it.I don't really no is mequinol systemic or not but my spouse told me one night that the top of my feets where peeling and I don't even apply it there strange, I keep up with my updates!
Hi Haiji!

So nice to see your thread!
I am starting using mequinol as well (today). Already got masigma and glow skin MQL lotion. Can I use this thread to post my results as well?
I am not sure how to use it lol, now I have 113ml of masigma 20% mequinol and 300ml of MQL mix (retin a, KA, mequinol) from glow skin.
Both smell good. I can't stand the tubes smell.
Haiji, here did your mequinol 10% from?
I am planing to use masigma mixed to something to make 10% I think. My masigma "cream" is white, like gel white. Glow skin is a kind of pink/red lotion.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Haiji

Hi Haiji!

So nice to see your thread!
I am starting using mequinol as well (today). Already got masigma and glow skin MQL lotion. Can I use this thread to post my results as well?
I am not sure how to use it lol, now I have 113ml of masigma 20% mequinol and 300ml of MQL mix (retin a, KA, mequinol) from glow skin.
Both smell good. I can't stand the tubes smell.
Haiji, here did your mequinol 10% from?
I am planing to use masigma mixed to something to make 10% I think. My masigma "cream" is white, like gel white. Glow skin is a kind of pink/red lotion.
Hi,Lunnah!You welcome to post your results on my thread!Nice to hear from you again!i've a ?I been using it like 12 days at 10%,Now iam notice I got dark a little just a tab not much.I think the mequinol pushing the pigments out of my skin I think!I like the goldpharma mequinol but it stinks,Lol!But I got used too it the smell!Is mequinol systemic in some people,like it change color where you not apply at? I notice goldpharma don't sell to united states no more..i'am sad guy's I still have 2 tubes left....

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi,Lunnah!You welcome to post your results on my thread!Nice to hear from you again!i've a ?I been using it like 12 days at 10%,Now iam notice I got dark a little just a tab not much.I think the mequinol pushing the pigments out of my skin I think!I like the goldpharma mequinol but it stinks,Lol!But I got used too it the smell!Is mequinol systemic in some people,like it change color where you not apply at? I notice goldpharma don't sell to united states no more..i'am sad guy's I still have 2 tubes left....
Thanks for the welcome!
I am on my day 2, using the glow skin lotion 10%. There is a "smell". I didn't notice before but it is ok, not so strong. Goldpharma doesn't sell mequinol for France. So bad is not selling more to USA! what are you going to do? I hope the glow skin lotion works. There is kojic acid as well in the mix.
About getting dark first, I think is normal, as you said is the pushing pigments out of skin.
About being sistemic, I don't believe using small percent will be? I am using all over so I am not going to test it. Some cientific papers on the net state that just 2 people that have genetics for vitiligo (family with vitiligo) got some spots where they don't apply. Other had some spots on applied area but after the spots desapeard. Some had spots that still were there after 3 months after stopping but after this time are gone. But they are using 20% I think.
Are you using the mequinol where? just face?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome!
I am on my day 2, using the glow skin lotion 10%. There is a "smell". I didn't notice before but it is ok, not so strong. Goldpharma doesn't sell mequinol for France. So bad is not selling more to USA! what are you going to do? I hope the glow skin lotion works. There is kojic acid as well in the mix.
About getting dark first, I think is normal, as you said is the pushing pigments out of skin.
About being sistemic, I don't believe using small percent will be? I am using all over so I am not going to test it. Some cientific papers on the net state that just 2 people that have genetics for vitiligo (family with vitiligo) got some spots where they don't apply. Other had some spots on applied area but after the spots desapeard. Some had spots that still were there after 3 months after stopping but after this time are gone. But they are using 20% I think.
Are you using the mequinol where? just face?
Thanks so much!I'am using it on my face and neck!And I don't know what iam going to do,But I may get the mequinol from glowskin!The mequinol lotion come in a big bottle from glowskin?I apply that to my body also!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Thanks so much!I'am using it on my face and neck!And I don't know what iam going to do,But I may get the mequinol from glowskin!The mequinol lotion come in a big bottle from glowskin?I apply that to my body also!
Hi Haiji!

So I am happy with the consistency and smell, size and price of glow-skin mequinol. Was like 9 euros or less the shipping to france. It is 300 ml and is already mixed, so is stronger than taking a 10% tube and mixing with retin, because you finish with les than 10% mix.
I don't know about it for sure, but people say if mequinol is mixed with other lightener you don't get these "dark moments" so often (just repeating what I read). It is too early to tallk about the lotion I am using (results).
For the smell glow skin is mequinol for sure. Let me use a little more to say something. It is a kind of liquid (like a milk lotion), so spread easy and you don't waste. But I recommend to change the bottle, their bottle has a biiiig opening and you can easy pour more than you need on your hand. I am using a 100 ml bottle with a small opening so I can keep the rest on the original tube. I am trying to use 100 ml for 10 days, so I can use one 300ml bottle a month.
Other idea is mixing the lotion you are using for the body with other cheap lightening stuff to make it last longer. Keep the strong % for neck and face.
But I am small lol so maybe will work for me 100 ml for 10 days, not sure about tall and big people.
I am lighter today already lol, but for sure is because of kojic acid in the mix not mequinol.
So I am keeping you posted, lets see the results for glow skin stuff. I think I am keeping the masigma mequinol 20% for later. Do you think I need to keep on the fridge?
Thanks Haiji

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Haiji!

So I am happy with the consistency and smell, size and price of glow-skin mequinol. Was like 9 euros or less the shipping to france. It is 300 ml and is already mixed, so is stronger than taking a 10% tube and mixing with retin, because you finish with les than 10% mix.
I don't know about it for sure, but people say if mequinol is mixed with other lightener you don't get these "dark moments" so often (just repeating what I read). It is too early to tallk about the lotion I am using (results).
For the smell glow skin is mequinol for sure. Let me use a little more to say something. It is a kind of liquid (like a milk lotion), so spread easy and you don't waste. But I recommend to change the bottle, their bottle has a biiiig opening and you can easy pour more than you need on your hand. I am using a 100 ml bottle with a small opening so I can keep the rest on the original tube. I am trying to use 100 ml for 10 days, so I can use one 300ml bottle a month.
Other idea is mixing the lotion you are using for the body with other cheap lightening stuff to make it last longer. Keep the strong % for neck and face.
But I am small lol so maybe will work for me 100 ml for 10 days, not sure about tall and big people.
I am lighter today already lol, but for sure is because of kojic acid in the mix not mequinol.
So I am keeping you posted, lets see the results for glow skin stuff. I think I am keeping the masigma mequinol 20% for later. Do you think I need to keep on the fridge?
Thanks Haiji
I think iam get the mequinol from skinglow!The mequinol from masigma I don't think it need to be in the fridge just keep in in a dark place it be fine!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The only real review from MQL glow skin is the lady (member ) that had the spots on arms but she was applying more retin a first, after she was putting the lotion on the top. I think was Titi that said the skin around the hair folicles are easy to lighten and around the hair is more difficult, takes more time, maybe is that what happened to her, if she keep using will be even (I think).
I don't like to recommend stuff that I am not still having results lol, but we don't have lots of options from buying mequinol to choose. is amazing that we can find mono easier than mequinol on the net. that are other lady on ioffer people here said is good is caroline something (mzcaroline or mtcaroline lol i don't know). She makes and sell lotion with mequinol as well and sell the power I think she is from USA. Have a look on her as well before deciding.
The isis cosmetics people say is a scam and there are other stuff on the lotions not mequinol. I just order if I can pay with paypal.
So I think the only options is ioffer (this caroline)glow skin and masigma but the pot is sooo small is good for mixing I guess or using on dificult areas like knees, hands, I don't know.
I don't know about compunding but some people buy from soon tropic the powder(mikethebest is one of member that ordered), I think the shipping is too expensive (I checked and was 60 dolars to ship to france) and I don't want to compund stuff lol.
I am using just once a day.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only real review from MQL glow skin is the lady (member ) that had the spots on arms but she was applying more retin a first, after she was putting the lotion on the top. I think was Titi that said the skin around the hair folicles are easy to lighten and around the hair is more difficult, takes more time, maybe is that what happened to her, if she keep using will be even (I think).
I don't like to recommend stuff that I am not still having results lol, but we don't have lots of options from buying mequinol to choose. is amazing that we can find mono easier than mequinol on the net. that are other lady on ioffer people here said is good is caroline something (mzcaroline or mtcaroline lol i don't know). She makes and sell lotion with mequinol as well and sell the power I think she is from USA. Have a look on her as well before deciding.
The isis cosmetics people say is a scam and there are other stuff on the lotions not mequinol. I just order if I can pay with paypal.
So I think the only options is ioffer (this caroline)glow skin and masigma but the pot is sooo small is good for mixing I guess or using on dificult areas like knees, hands, I don't know.
I don't know about compunding but some people buy from soon tropic the powder(mikethebest is one of member that ordered), I think the shipping is too expensive (I checked and was 60 dolars to ship to france) and I don't want to compund stuff lol.
I am using just once a day.
I don't want to compound stuff either,I wouldn't know where too start not a scientist.And really not want to mess my self up dangerous,Lol!Is you not seeing any reddeness are you?Or stinging?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I don't want to compound stuff either,I wouldn't know where too start not a scientist.And really not want to mess my self up dangerous,Lol!Is you not seeing any reddeness are you?Or stinging?
Nothing until now. And I am coming from a regimen with lots of acids that made me micropeel a lot (G&G with seruns, retin a, kojie san soap and KIT exfoliation). My skin was super exfoliated.
Today I used my kit on my face in the shower and when I put the lotion stung just a lit on my forehead but with this exfoliation any lotion witll do the same.

I mixed a little of the lotion MQL with palmers AHA/BHA lotion just for my legs, I think I made a 5% lotion, my legs are always covered anyway and always lighter. So I am using the 10% lotion on face, neck, arms and upper body.
I think compounding is not that easy, if was like that why people will have to study to do it? lol.
My mixes are always lit by lit because I am afraid to the stuff turning bad (I mix max 100ml total to use up fast).

Are you having some redness? stinging? how much of retin a are you mixing with the tube?

1 - 20 of 1172 Posts