Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 1189 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have been looking on sunootropics I think I will get it from them.I'm in the U.S. so hopefully the shipping won't be that much..I think I will use Shaz compounding formula for my mixtures.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I'am trying my best to hang,The darkening I cant handle it's to much.The cream I was using before mequinol it gave me good results and I was a nice color and it brought a lot of my undertones out,I may go back to that cream.Mequinol is to slow and the darkening I cant handle it,This don't work like other lightening/whitening agents,It darkens before lightening for sure I been using almost a month no lightening just darkens.So this my update,Back at square one.This why I made this thread so to give people the true results of using this!Now this from me if mequinol lightens first it's a good chance a very good one it's not mequinol,The real mequinol darkens first for sure.So if you someone likes stuff that lighten you right off the back,mequinol is not for you and I think it was not for me,Because I see how it works now and its not pleasant. to see yourself gradually darken,But I know that stage will break down if you keep using it..But I think iam going back to sepiwhite/Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine and kojic acid works wonderful on me!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'am trying my best to hang,The darkening I cant handle it's to much.The cream I was using before mequinol it gave me good results and I was a nice color and it brought a lot of my undertones out,I may go back to that cream.Mequinol is to slow and the darkening I cant handle it,This don't work like other lightening/whitening agents,It darkens before lightening for sure I been using almost a month no lightening just darkens.So this my update,Back at square one.This why I made this thread so to give people the true results of using this!Now this from me if mequinol lightens first it's a good chance a very good one it's not mequinol,The real mequinol darkens first for sure.So if you someone likes stuff that lighten you right off the back,mequinol is not for you and I think it was not for me,Because I see how it works now and its not pleasant. to see yourself gradually darken,But I know that stage will break down if you keep using it..But I think iam going back to sepiwhite/Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine and kojic acid works wonderful on me!
Hi Haiji

Thank you very much for your review. So bad mequinol didn't work for you but good you have already a good cream to come back.
my face, back arms and hands are darker now as well. like a soft tan, nothing like terrible so I can handle.
The mequinol I am using is mixed with kojic acid and retin a (glow skin).
normally after 1 month is when show results, no before.

Well I will keep using until I finish my bottles after I will think what I am going to do (still have 1 bottle of palmers lotion and 500gr of G&G waiting for me lol).
So did you try for how long? already 1 month right?
I will keep everybody updated of my progress. I am on day 16 now. I have 2 more weeks to go to see what is going to happen.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi Haiji

Thank you very much for your review. So bad mequinol didn't work for you but good you have already a good cream to come back.
my face, back arms and hands are darker now as well. like a soft tan, nothing like terrible so I can handle.
The mequinol I am using is mixed with kojic acid and retin a (glow skin).
normally after 1 month is when show results, no before.

Well I will keep using until I finish my bottles after I will think what I am going to do (still have 1 bottle of palmers lotion and 500gr of G&G waiting for me lol).
So did you try for how long? already 1 month right?
I will keep everybody updated of my progress. I am on day 16 now. I have 2 more weeks to go to see what is going to happen.
so once you thru with your bottle you done with mequinol for good?Yep,Been month!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
so once you thru with your bottle you done with mequinol for good?
Mmm... I don't know, I am used to give much more time to the products, I gave palmers lotion (that mos of people see no results) almost 1 year and worked very well for me.
I am thinking to try the mequinol to see if I get some results (1 month at least to start seeing something). After I finish my bottles I am going to think how to use up the stuff I already have (I don't want to waste my money, lol).
If mequinol works for me, I am going to mix mequinol with palmers or G&G. Not sure what mequinol I am going to keep, if masigma of glow skin (probably glow skin).
The 10% and 20% I am doing now is just to see if it works, after I am sure works, I am going to cut down to 5% for using long term.
I didn't start with 5% because will be too long for just testing, like 6 months to see if works.
I think after 1 or 2 months I will have an idea if mequinol works for me or not.

This is my plan.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi there!

I am updating my progress: 18 days.
I am dark like i have a tan -nothing dramatic, my skin is not "daaaark", just a little. No burning, no other bad effects both on hands (mequinol 20%) or the rest of my body (10%).
I am exfoliating with a kit lightely and tons of skin came up, but no visible peeling like skin falling, etc.
For people thinking about start this journey, don't forget you will have this darkening first. It is not that something is going wrong, is the way mequinol normally works. We can have some lightening in the start for 1 or 2 days and after you have to understand you will pass this darker phase.
There is no need to stop the lotions or cream, doing this you are just delaying the lighening.
Think about if you are on a diet, you don't give a break just because you are hugry. It is normal to be hungry.
I see lots of people trying to lighen here for years and years and nothing, because they don't use nothing long enough to give results. And try and try again...
I don't think mequinol 10% is dangerous or "too strong", people are using this here over the count for more than 10 years (France). Ladies are using this for sun spots on face, melasma, age spots, etc.
The retin a is the stuff that make your skin red or sensitive.
Mequinol It is not like HQ, this can make your skin super red using just 3%. Mequinol is supposed to be safer.
So in one week I am going to see results I hope, I will keep all posted.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
wow I had to come again to tell you guys!!!!
Just came out from shower, did my normal light exfoliation with my kit and now I am noticing my arms, belly and hands lighter!!!
Not sure about back or face, my face is always red after hot shower and my back is a pain to lighten always.
I can see little dark spots around the hair in my arm. So it is not an super even lightening.
So... it is working guys!!!!

ok...now the bad news:

I checked the masigma adresses in the contact list, all adresses are fake. the Israel adress is the adress of American Ambassy, the other just don't exist. So buy from them on your risk.

The glow skin lotion is actually 250ml and not 300ml like they said. I just finished my first 100ml and put more in my smalll 100ml bottle (because their bottel has a huge opening and you waste because is liquid like milk lotion), after I looked the rest on the bottle and I was WTF this is not 100 ml it was suposed to have 100 ml in the bottle (100ml I already used, 100 I put in the 100 ml bottle, so has to have 100ml last).
So I put the rest in other little bottle: it is 50ml only.

So... If they both lie in something, I am not sure what is in the bottle. Edit: Guys, I am not sure if they are really doing this 300ml/250ml in purpose. I don't want to give a bad review on glow skin for nothing, maybe was just my bottle that was with some lotion missing, I really don't know. I know the owner is an Elyte member from SCT and I don't think she is going to do something weird like that, maybe was just my bottle.
Actually, I understand about masigma fake adress because they are also selling monobenzone without prescription, so to avoid troubles they do that.

Why our life has to be so complicated lol, we just want safe lightening.

Back to searching...
I actually love mequinol (IF this stuff is semi permanent or pemanent, because you can have the same lightening from G&G for example, that costs 6 euros), I will be happy to find a nice source.

·
Registered
386 Posts
@lunnah Yeah sure chick !I got it from alibaba only because at that time sunootropic had problems with paypal so I had to get from alibaba

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
@lunnah Yeah sure chick !I got it from alibaba only because at that time sunootropic had problems with paypal so I had to get from alibaba
thanks darling!!!
So how is your lightening process going? any news? still no lightening? What % are you using now?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I was reading what I wrote about the dark little spots and to clarify:
What I call little dark spots are the parts aroud the hair that didn't lighten yet (they are not darker than before mequinol), the rest of skin is like 1 shade lighter, the parts there is no hair is all even and light.

·
Registered
386 Posts
@lunnah I am using 20% now as 50% burns me too much also ive lightened 1 shade :) I can see yellow undertones am also going to be using my dermaroller with mequinol tomorrow wish me luck :) ill keep u updated

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
@lunnah I am using 20% now as 50% burns me too much also ive lightened 1 shade
I can see yellow undertones am also going to be using my dermaroller with mequinol tomorrow wish me luck
ill keep u updated
Good to know you are lightening, yup 50% is too much, stay with 20% for a while darling.
Hope the dermaroller works!!
Fingers crossed!!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
@lunnah yes I will do hun 50% is way too much I cant handle it lol, and I hope sooo tooo!!! How long u planning to use mequinol ?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
@lunnah yes I will do hun 50% is way too much I cant handle it lol, and I hope sooo tooo!!! How long u planning to use mequinol ?
I don't know yet, still have this stuff to finish up, and I am curious to see how light I get from mequinol. But if I manage to buy the powder I am going to compound myself at least low % for mantain.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
wow I had to come again to tell you guys!!!!
Just came out from shower, did my normal light exfoliation with my kit and now I am noticing my arms, belly and hands lighter!!!
Not sure about back or face, my face is always red after hot shower and my back is a pain to lighten always.
I can see little dark spots around the hair in my arm. So it is not an super even lightening.
So... it is working guys!!!!

ok...now the bad news:

I checked the masigma adresses in the contact list, all adresses are fake. the Israel adress is the adress of American Ambassy, the other just don't exist. So buy from them on your risk.

The glow skin lotion is actually 250ml and not 300ml like they said. I just finished my first 100ml and put more in my smalll 100ml bottle (because their bottel has a huge opening and you waste because is liquid like milk lotion), after I looked the rest on the bottle and I was WTF this is not 100 ml it was suposed to have 100 ml in the bottle (100ml I already used, 100 I put in the 100 ml bottle, so has to have 100ml last).
So I put the rest in other little bottle: it is 50ml only.

So... If they both lie in something, I am not sure what is in the bottle.
Actually, I understand about masigma fake adress because they are also selling monobenzone without prescription, so to avoid troubles they do that, but selling a 250ml bottle and say is 300ml is not right.

Why our life has to be so complicated lol, we just want safe lightening.

Back to searching...
I actually love mequinol (IF this stuff is semi permanent or pemanent, because you can have the same lightening from G&G for example, that costs 6 euros), I will be happy to find a nice source.
i may and try to continue,with the tubes I have left!But I notice that I have one dark spot on me right facial cheek.The mequinol cause the dark spots?I think it did.Is mrs Carolina mequinol good?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i may and try to continue,with the tubes I have left!But I notice that I have one dark spot on me right facial cheek.The mequinol cause the dark spots?I think it did.Is mrs Carolina mequinol good?
yeahhhhhhh Haiji you are back!!!!!

So good! yup, please don't give up yet!!!!
If mequinol works for us, will be semi permanent, let's do it!!!! please give mequinol a little more time, you are the only one in this thread using a "real for sure mequinol". The rest of us are in the dark lol.

About your spot, if I was you I was not going to worry right now, just be sure you are using a very good sunscreen for daytime.
maybe this spot is just the skin ready to peel.
You are days from seeing some results, I am sure!!!
Normally mequinol doesn't give dark patches, but people are different, some have itching, burning, etc.

If you think this leucodinine is to strong, mix with some plain moisturizer to make it 5%, so you can give your skin a little break but not stopping completly. Stop the retin a and you will be ok. Use kojie san...
or you can mix your mequinol with some other lightener, I think I am already seeing results because mine is suposed to have kojic acid mixed.

About mz Carolina I think her stuff is good, she is honest and I never read bad reviews about her stuff. Just the lotions came in a small bottle (I think is 60ml), so for whole body we have to buy a lot. she sells the powder too.

shaz10 is talking about being better to compound, se we can be sure he have the right stuff.
I am thinking about it, if so, I am going to buy from soontropic I think. It is fricking expensive the shipping is almost of the price of mequinol so I am not sure.

41 - 60 of 1189 Posts