Skin Care Talk banner

1101 - 1120 of 1172 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Hi all I have been reading this thread for a while and i finally bought mequinol 20% from Ioffer.. I have been using it for almost 2 week and i feel so much more darker tha usual. I have read on many forums that it makes you darker before it lightens and that it can take up to 1 month to see any results... for those who have used it, is it true?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Lunnah .... I feel reallly sorry because you are not that much active now and I can understand the reasons...

You are my best.. I followed you since I singed up in this great site.. And I learnt alot from you since then...and really achived good results because of you..

I read this thread carefully and felt a little confused because you were adapting your rigim so manny times adding g&g, hq and stopping them etc..

Can you give me your last attitude about how MQ best worked on your skin...

I remmember you said once that you added hq at 10% then you stopped ...why is that is it because it misleaded you in evaluating the effect of Mq...and you felt MQ will work with out it?

I am planning on using MQ for a year...and I am not in hurry and believe every skin is differ
I will use 10% for 2 months then make it 20% the rest of months... I will mix it with nivia... Is that correct to be able to achive your results or I should chang my mix each time like you...

I want the last formula you came out with that you think is the best worked for you so that I can follow it from the beginning to the end 12months...

I am sorry my English is little poor .. waiting for your answer ...
Hi darling sorry for the delay.
Don't worry about your English, it is fine, and i am ESL as well.
So... what worked for long term results was mequinol.
20% mequinol mixed with nivea lotion was the best for me.
If your skin is getting too dry you can put a little oil like almond oil in the mix.
I used kojie san soap as well, it is helps with the exfoliation as well.
So I recomment the mequinol mixed with normal lotion like nivea.
The HQ mix was not impressive so why bother to add something that cost more money if nivea is cheap lol.
G&G mixed with mequinol was a no no for me because too much peeling was like I had some disease (I actually had to say to people don't worry it is not contagious lol).
So my best recipe is for 20% mequinol nivea lotion:
20 gr mequinol
10 ml any serum that contains propylen glycol
70 ml nivea lotion

Note the addition result has to be 100 ml so 20 + 10 + 70 = 100 ml
if doing 200ml double dose
if doing 500 ml multiply for 5 every ingredient.

will work ass well with a little bit of alchool instead the serum but the lotion could irritate skin - face for examplo).

this mix burns for the 10 first seconds lol and make your skin red after applying but after is all good.
if you cant apply on face prepare les strong mix.

About changing a lot... it is not necessary, what is going to light your sin is the mequinol, I changed a lot because I was trying new stuff out of boredom, os just curious about new products -it is a lit impossible to read sct forum and not to be lol.
well that's all... good luck!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Love your skin @Lunnah ! Did you use meniquinol on both face and body? Please tell me how you did ur diy. I remember reading you used f&w serum, Nivea and the mnq crystal.. I might try this route later. For now, I will be trying G&G/mw serum.
hi hun thanks! yup I used face and body 20% face burns a lot but is like... really a lot but worth it.
you get it right the best mix in my opinion is any serum nivea and mequinol crystals.
The ideal is to make and let is dissolve for some hours. I normally made ir and let it rest for the night.
good luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi all I have been reading this thread for a while and i finally bought mequinol 20% from Ioffer.. I have been using it for almost 2 week and i feel so much more darker tha usual. I have read on many forums that it makes you darker before it lightens and that it can take up to 1 month to see any results... for those who have used it, is it true?
Hi there yes you will look like tanned from the sun the first month. There are a lot of "theories" about why this happens, some think are the melanocyts gettin out of system, other is the skin getting ready to peel, well I used to have my theories as well lol but we are not doctors we don't know for sure what I know is that if you use mequinol you will get darker and lighter cycling phases... but the first darkening phases are the worst.
after gets better. And you will get lighter. In my experience is "permanent".
let's see next summer will be my first summer without mequinol I will use kojie san and sunscreen.
xoxo

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Hi there yes you will look like tanned from the sun the first month. There are a lot of "theories" about why this happens, some think are the melanocyts gettin out of system, other is the skin getting ready to peel, well I used to have my theories as well lol but we are not doctors we don't know for sure what I know is that if you use mequinol you will get darker and lighter cycling phases... but the first darkening phases are the worst.
after gets better. And you will get lighter. In my experience is "permanent".
let's see next summer will be my first summer without mequinol I will use kojie san and sunscreen.
xoxo

Ah Lunnah you made me feel so much better! I have been getting lots of comments from friends and family lately that I look tan as if I have been on holidays this makes me so sad lol because I have been lightning for years using HQ which gave OK results made me (reddish) fair however now I look really dark. I'm peeling a lot and under the peeling skin I'm tanned that before. I was so close to stopping it altogether and wanted to start on MONo! I know mono is a no no but this sudden darkening of skin after using mequinol is depressing. I'll stick it out with Mequinol another month and see if I lighten.

Any any tips on burning and itchy skin?!

i may start DIYing my own very soon. Can anyone recommend any good source please ? I'm based in UK.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
hi Sobek so nice to see you back with a review!!!
wow from chocolate to mediterranean/kurdish is a big difference! of course was not just tje mequinol but is good to see results.
I think the worse is always the first 2 months, after the skin gets better.
For me was the same I had to use the exfoliation gloves almost everyday to keep the ski ckear and not looking too weird.
My hands were so ugly I was telling people at work to not worry was not contagious lol.
My hands in the first months got like orange/tanned but after it was all good, I think was the melanocyts being pushed out from the skin, I don't have this anymore.
I am now with less and less darker phases, just lightening straith....
thank you hun for your review, mequinol is weird after the first months is much better.

lol at you saying to your fiancé about your depig idea, lol good she was like my hub.
I think my hub doesn't really know what depigmentation is...

OMG! So have mine! And I'm Arab with light brown skin tone so this is so visible! My hands look like a dusty orange tone!

·
Registered
159 Posts
If your skin is getting too dry you can put a little oil like almond oil in the mix.
The HQ mix was not impressive so why bother to add something that cost more money if nivea is cheap lol.
G&G mixed with mequinol was a no no for me because too much peeling was like I had some disease (I actually had to say to people don't worry it is not contagious lol).
20 gr mequinol
70 ml nivea lotion

will work ass well with a little bit of alchool instead the serum but the lotion could irritate skin - face for examplo).

this mix burns for the 10 first seconds lol and make your skin red after applying but after is all good.

About changing a lot... it is not necessary, what is going to light your sin is the mequinol, I changed a lot because I was trying new stuff out of boredom, os just curious about new products -it is a lit impossible to read sct forum and not to be lol.
Hi Lunnah,
You are such and inspiration for me.I wish I had started using mequinol when you did because I had been like you now.You are such a lucky girl!
I am afraid of getting dark and that's why I did not find courage to try Mequinol.I am a Caucasian myself with light skin and I have never tanned so if I get dark using this cream it would be a nightmare for me ...lol
Anyway,can you pls tell me how many shades dark your skin got?
I tried benoquin before and it worked very fast for me but it did burn my skin because I think 20% for too strong on my skin and I had to start it slowly with maybe 10% monobenzone.
I saw a vitiligo patient who used 20% mequinol for depigmentation.So I am surprised why you havn't depigmented yet because you are also using 20%?
I have dark circles around my eyes so do you think 5-10% mequinol would be a good idea to use under eyes and over eye lids?

·
Registered
159 Posts
OMG! So have mine! And I'm Arab with light brown skin tone so this is so visible! My hands look like a dusty orange tone!
Hey xarax how are you doing?
Which part of Arabia are you from?I love Arab girls skin.It is so flawless and milky white.I have seen people from Lebanon,Palestine,Syria and Jordan and their skin was so naturally shiny and so white.I wonder what's teh secret of that glow :)
Anyway,Mequinol is easily available in Syria and North African countries.I came to know about when I was searching for this product.
Where are you getting your mequinol from?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi Lunnah,
You are such and inspiration for me.I wish I had started using mequinol when you did because I had been like you now.You are such a lucky girl!
I am afraid of getting dark and that's why I did not find courage to try Mequinol.I am a Caucasian myself with light skin and I have never tanned so if I get dark using this cream it would be a nightmare for me ...lol
Anyway,can you pls tell me how many shades dark your skin got?
I tried benoquin before and it worked very fast for me but it did burn my skin because I think 20% for too strong on my skin and I had to start it slowly with maybe 10% monobenzone.
I saw a vitiligo patient who used 20% mequinol for depigmentation.So I am surprised why you havn't depigmented yet because you are also using 20%?
I have dark circles around my eyes so do you think 5-10% mequinol would be a good idea to use under eyes and over eye lids?
hun thanks for your message
darling if you are very light I don't believe you are going to be "dark", just 1 ton max darker after you will get the color you want.
the worse is to keep the regimen, I think we have to be really patient. I used mequinol for 9 months straight after in and off for more 3 months I think (I lost count).
Now i have the mix ready but too lazy to use lol I have to continue if I want to see if depigmentation is really possible.
about having vitiligo and depigging with mequinol, i think is possible but vitiligo skin I think is more sensitive to phenol ingredients, can depig easily, easier than normal skin.
about the dark circles, i think could work but start at 5% to see how it goes.
good luck!
xoxo

·
Registered
266 Posts
20 gr mequinol
70 ml nivea lotion

LOLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
hahahaha
awwww
^_^

·
Registered
159 Posts
hun thanks for your message
darling if you are very light I don't believe you are going to be "dark", just 1 ton max darker after you will get the color you want.
the worse is to keep the regimen, I think we have to be really patient. I used mequinol for 9 months straight after in and off for more 3 months I think (I lost count).
Now i have the mix ready but too lazy to use lol I have to continue if I want to see if depigmentation is really possible.
about having vitiligo and depigging with mequinol, i think is possible but vitiligo skin I think is more sensitive to phenol ingredients, can depig easily, easier than normal skin.
about the dark circles, i think could work but start at 5% to see how it goes.
good luck!
xoxo
Thanks hun,you are so helpful :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Hey xarax how are you doing?
Which part of Arabia are you from?I love Arab girls skin.It is so flawless and milky white.I have seen people from Lebanon,Palestine,Syria and Jordan and their skin was so naturally shiny and so white.I wonder what's teh secret of that glow :)
Anyway,Mequinol is easily available in Syria and North African countries.I came to know about when I was searching for this product.
Where are you getting your mequinol from?
I am from the gulf region - arabs come in many shades and colour lol we are not all white hehe :p we can be as dark as usher and as white as lady gaga.

I bought mine from ioffer - but its peeling me ALOT!!! like oh man I am peeling every single day al over! the mequinol I get is already mixed with retin a which is good. but I have been reading a lot on MQ and now I am thinking of buying it from better complexion website I believe theirs is Retin a free.

its been exactly 15 days since i started using it and I have gone 2 shades DARKER! :O i got red rashes too its too strong for me so from the 15th day (today) I am going to mix a little bit of jergans lotion and MQ in my hand and apply... I am thinking of making my own without retin a... ah this is emotional i wanna give up but like Lunnah said this requires patience so lets hope this dark phase passes soon. x_x

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
hello all, I just wanted to report today up on close inspection I noticed my skin looks lighter not lighter like when I started however it gone s bit lighter :D! the peeling is there and i see like a yellow tone peeking through. I will post a picture this evening.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
hello all, I just wanted to report today up on close inspection I noticed my skin looks lighter not lighter like when I started however it gone s bit lighter :D! the peeling is there and i see like a yellow tone peeking through. I will post a picture this evening.
Looking forward to seeing!

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Great progress. Is the peeling like flakes or is it peeling in sheets?
Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey,great news! Did you changed your mequinol or were you using ioffer mq only?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
As promised :) please see the picture below.

Cloud9 - im still using ioffer one until it finishes however have already bought GS mequinol 20% should arrive soon! :D a member here got white spots when she used gs MQ over 8 week period I am sure had she continued using it she would have evenout well. Anyway as soon as i finish my ioffer one I will move to GS.

fluffington - I am not peeling in sheets but like my skin is is peeling all over! my skin looks really shiny. If i just rub my skin i see lots of dead skin falling off. Kinda creepy.

FullSizeRender.jpg

As you can see my current skin is more light beige - FYI i was lighter than this when i first started.

notice the red rash on my neck (in the first pic) I had those all over my back and my inner legs atm its really sensitive I have stopped using mequinol inner thighs its too raw and I am using nappy rash cream until it recovers i wont use any MQ there.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
As promised :) please see the picture below.

Cloud9 - im still using ioffer one until it finishes however have already bought GS mequinol 20% should arrive soon! :D a member here got white spots when she used gs MQ over 8 week period I am sure had she continued using it she would have evenout well. Anyway as soon as i finish my ioffer one I will move to GS.

fluffington - I am not peeling in sheets but like my skin is is peeling all over! my skin looks really shiny. If i just rub my skin i see lots of dead skin falling off. Kinda creepy.

View attachment 12145

As you can see my current skin is more light beige - FYI i was lighter than this when i first started.

notice the red rash on my neck (in the first pic) I had those all over my back and my inner legs atm its really sensitive I have stopped using mequinol inner thighs its too raw and I am using nappy rash cream until it recovers i wont use any MQ there.
Definitely paler, hun. Do you use a KIT or Japanese Salux to help with the dead skin or does it roll off easily with a regular sponge while you shower?
Ouch... sorry to hear about the inner thighs, I hope the soreness isn't unbearable.

1101 - 1120 of 1172 Posts