Skin Care Talk banner

1121 - 1140 of 1172 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
As promised :) please see the picture below.

Cloud9 - im still using ioffer one until it finishes however have already bought GS mequinol 20% should arrive soon! :D a member here got white spots when she used gs MQ over 8 week period I am sure had she continued using it she would have evenout well. Anyway as soon as i finish my ioffer one I will move to GS.

fluffington - I am not peeling in sheets but like my skin is is peeling all over! my skin looks really shiny. If i just rub my skin i see lots of dead skin falling off. Kinda creepy.

View attachment 12145

As you can see my current skin is more light beige - FYI i was lighter than this when i first started.

notice the red rash on my neck (in the first pic) I had those all over my back and my inner legs atm its really sensitive I have stopped using mequinol inner thighs its too raw and I am using nappy rash cream until it recovers i wont use any MQ there.
Hey hun,
Thanks for sharing the pics.
The reason why you got those rashes is because your MQ cream/lotion is too strong for those areas.That's what happens when the cream/lotion is not that moisturizing and if they use alcohol in it because alcohol is very drying and irritating.It's a wise step to not use anything on the areas you got rashes except moisturizers.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Fluffngton - the wounds are honestly so unbearable -.- I'm actually going to my local pharmacy to get something stronger today epically behind my legs the inner knees area?? That part is awful! Basically not to self do not apply 20% MQ on sensitive areas! I'm totally avoiding inner thighs, inner arms, under arms and the inner knees area.

image.jpg

This is is the peeling right here I took the picture just now :). I wouldn't use any exfoliating towel! Because the skin is too sensitive as it is.. I use Khiels body butter and when I apply and massage my skin the skin just rolls off like its dirt. I use sugar scrub once a week which is filled with oils and what not.

Cloud9- thanks for the advice I wish I knew it before all this :(. I hope the GS do not contain so much alcohol as this one did -.-

Fyi guys it makes you itch a lot. Don't get carried away. Haha !

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Fluffngton - the wounds are honestly so unbearable -.- I'm actually going to my local pharmacy to get something stronger today epically behind my legs the inner knees area?? That part is awful! Basically not to self do not apply 20% MQ on sensitive areas! I'm totally avoiding inner thighs, inner arms, under arms and the inner knees area.

View attachment 12209

This is is the peeling right here I took the picture just now :). I wouldn't use any exfoliating towel! Because the skin is too sensitive as it is.. I use Khiels body butter and when I apply and massage my skin the skin just rolls off like its dirt. I use sugar scrub once a week which is filled with oils and what not.

Cloud9- thanks for the advice I wish I knew it before all this :(. I hope the GS do not contain so much alcohol as this one did -.-

Fyi guys it makes you itch a lot. Don't get carried away. Haha !
Awww sorry to hear that. Are you going to get something like neosporin from the pharmacy? Do let us know what they give you to try. Here's wishing you a speedy heeling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been using mequinol for just over 2 months from glow skin, and my hands have gotten only a couple of dots, while my feet and face are a lot lighter. I don't understand why it's basically having no effect on my hands. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Y'all

I am definitely starting my MQ journey now after sleeping in it for months. I got 10% MQ from GoldPharma and some lotion from MzCarolina, I will be using each formulation in different areas. I will use the GoldPharma MQ with 0.05 RA or 0.1 RA. I will be using HQ as well because I do want fast results for my wedding coming up. I do have questions though:

1. How are you all lightening your under eyes and eyelids?
I feel like Vit C has no effect on these areas but I do not want to thin out and get crazy racoon eyes, I already have some dark circles.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi Y'all

1. How are you all lightening your under eyes and eyelids?
I feel like Vit C has no effect on these areas but I do not want to thin out and get crazy racoon eyes, I already have some dark circles.
Vitamin e oil capsules are helping even out my dark under eyes, cucumber juice has also helpedand yoghurt masks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am using the MQ from iOffer for the last couple of days and even though I decided not to use this on my face, I did anyway. My face is micro peeling like the 3rd picture xarax shared but my face feels burning right now even washing face lightly with a face wash is burning and putting on any kind of lotion is burning too. Initially, I did not experience any sort of stinging with the product but now .... it has retin a so using twice a day on face does sound crazy. I'm not sure what to do now, I know my skin is raw and I've only used it 2 days now but putting more cream on would just make the raw area worse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello everyone,
been testing MQ (leucodinine B 10%) on one of my toes to see how my skin reacts to it.
the good news is, no itching, peeling or burning whatsoever, feel like i'm applying coco cream (if you forget the strong petroleum smell)
the bad news, after a religious 5 months usage twice a day, i see no result at all.
not even a tiny white dot.

not sure whats the deal here. :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tried to use Mequinol a couple years ago. I only applied it a couple times because it smelled HORRIBLE. I couldn't endure embarrassment of walking around smelling like chemical sh!t. I got it from Gold pharma. I think people should chill on the mequinol. It seems to be alot of people using it with no results. We don't even know if it's legit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
@tylerbose

Mequinol by itself does not peel, it is the Retin A that is needed for the peeling. People who have used MQ say that it would not work without Retin A. I am sure it still works but there results do not surface that fast and Retin A increases the absorption and the cell turn over rate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@tylerbose

Mequinol by itself does not peel, it is the Retin A that is needed for the peeling. People who have used MQ say that it would not work without Retin A. I am sure it still works but there results do not surface that fast and Retin A increases the absorption and the cell turn over rate.
thanks for the info, i guess that explains why i had no results.
i'll give it another shot with some retin A

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Lunnah,
You are such and inspiration for me.I wish I had started using mequinol when you did because I had been like you now.You are such a lucky girl!
I am afraid of getting dark and that's why I did not find courage to try Mequinol.I am a Caucasian myself with light skin and I have never tanned so if I get dark using this cream it would be a nightmare for me ...lol
Anyway,can you pls tell me how many shades dark your skin got?
I tried benoquin before and it worked very fast for me but it did burn my skin because I think 20% for too strong on my skin and I had to start it slowly with maybe 10% monobenzone.
I saw a vitiligo patient who used 20% mequinol for depigmentation.So I am surprised why you havn't depigmented yet because you are also using 20%?
I have dark circles around my eyes so do you think 5-10% mequinol would be a good idea to use under eyes and over eye lids?
hun thanks for your message
darling if you are very light I don't believe you are going to be "dark", just 1 ton max darker after you will get the color you want.
the worse is to keep the regimen, I think we have to be really patient. I used mequinol for 9 months straight after in and off for more 3 months I think (I lost count).
Now i have the mix ready but too lazy to use lol I have to continue if I want to see if depigmentation is really possible.
about having vitiligo and depigging with mequinol, i think is possible but vitiligo skin I think is more sensitive to phenol ingredients, can depig easily, easier than normal skin.
about the dark circles, i think could work but start at 5% to see how it goes.
good luck!
xoxo
Hi Lunnah, How are you? Do you continue to use Mequinol? I admire you. I read almost all of your posts. I'm your fan. I really want to achieve the same gorgeous shade as your. I'm going to order, but on masigma, sunnotropic, ioffer, goldfarma for some reason there is no Mequinol. I found it on Alibaba, but I'm not sure about the authenticity of the powder. If you still use the powder, please tell us where you buy it. Thank you in advance. You are wonderful)

·
Registered
4 Posts
There were some people like Lunnah who acheived a great skin tone with mequinol. Seems like no one is using it anymore ?
Hi ! It’s been three days that I have started my skin whitening journey. I made a mixture of Mequinol, Alpha Arbutin and retinol 0.25% with Johnson’s baby lotion (white one with yellow bottle). I have olive skin tone but with the use of this mixture has darkened me more. Is it normal? Oh I also have been using kojie san soap for one week, begire using Mequinol it really did brightened up my skin.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi ! It’s been three days that I have started my skin whitening journey. I made a mixture of Mequinol, Alpha Arbutin and retinol 0.25% with Johnson’s baby lotion (white one with yellow bottle). I have olive skin tone but with the use of this mixture has darkened me more. Is it normal? Oh I also have been using kojie san soap for one week, begire using Mequinol it really did brightened up my skin.

If you read the older mequinol threads it looks it is normal.Start off with maybe 3 times a week and moisturize on other days also do not use kojie sans too much or it will darken

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello! I bought Mequinol powder from amazon (20€ with delivery for 100g) and hope its not fake powder...my question is: How do you produce a mequinol cream/lotion with retin A? Please step by step...i want a 10-20% cream or lotion on the face. And is Mequinol or Monobenzone or Hydroquinone or Acetyl-Glutathione better in depigmentation? What is the strongest and fastest depigmenter?

Thanks and kind regards to all members.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi dear ! Mequinol works well. I've used it before. And it's semi permanent so the effects last for a while. I will say that you should cut back on the usage of tretinoin. You are peeling, thus you should avoid exfoliating agents on the raw skin. If you could take at least one whole day to intensively moisturise, that will be good for you dear.
there are products you can buy that have have the MQ and Tretinoin both in it... so are you advising to get these two in separate tubes so you can use it how you want or see fit, or well as you advised (which i agree with is the best way on how to apply both) :) :)

1121 - 1140 of 1172 Posts