Skin Care Talk banner

1141 - 1160 of 1163 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think iam get the mequinol from skinglow!The mequinol from masigma I don't think it need to be in the fridge just keep in in a dark place it be fine!
i am just wanting to start with my MQ experience. I want to first start with my face. what all should i start off with (percentages, amounts etc)....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Has anyone had lasting results using MQ? Where did @Lunnah @haiji @LeoChris @shaz10 go? Did they give up on MQ? Or are they semi-depigemented right now and they just dont bother about SCT because their skin is the last thing on their minds now? I wish someone would give us an update.

Also, if anyone knows, what exactly does MQ smell like?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think lunnah left years ago, She was the only one that almost depigged with mequinol haji did not continue mequinol. Shaz did not see a difference I went through the entire older threads to get this info

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think lunnah left years ago, She was the only one that almost depigged with mequinol haji did not continue mequinol. Shaz did not see a difference I went through the entire older threads to get this info
Thanks @lillyjill for the info. I wonder if lunnah still uses MQ and if she used anything along side. I read she was playing around with monobenzone as well. I also read that people like leochris had very good results but he was using his G&G carowhite serum mix in tandem with a 20% MQ diy.

Lillyjill how is your progress so far with MQ? Are you using anything along with it besides retin A?

·
Administrator
33,762 Posts
Thanks @lillyjill for the info. I wonder if lunnah still uses MQ and if she used anything along side. I read she was playing around with monobenzone as well. I also read that people like leochris had very good results but he was using his G&G carowhite serum mix in tandem with a 20% MQ diy.
Lunnah lurks from time to time @shallalah I'll let you know if and when I see her from my side. LeoChris.... it has been awhile, I will check on him as well.

·
Registered
378 Posts

Lillyjill how is your progress so far with MQ? Are you using anything along with it besides retin A?
No not using anything my skin looks lighter but when compared to pics it looks the same so I’m confused

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been using mequinol since late July but to be honest, I'm not seeing much of a difference. My regimen before this was just kojic acid soap and amlactin. Now I'm using kojic acid soap and mequinol but my skin has darkened about 1 shade. My old foundation is slightly too light on me now. Is this normal for someone who's been using mq for at least a month? I'm worried it's just money down the drain at this point.

However, hyperpigmented areas of my body have lightened slightly... so I'm not sure what to do at this point lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've been using mequinol since late July but to be honest, I'm not seeing much of a difference. My regimen before this was just kojic acid soap and amlactin. Now I'm using kojic acid soap and mequinol but my skin has darkened about 1 shade. My old foundation is slightly too light on me now. Is this normal for someone who's been using mq for at least a month? I'm worried it's just money down the drain at this point.

However, hyperpigmented areas of my body have lightened slightly... so I'm not sure what to do at this point lol
It will make you look dark initially for the first 3-4 months

·
Registered
16 Posts
It will make you look dark initially for the first 3-4 months
I hope it works for me then! I am about the same initial shade as lunnah and I think I read that she only went through the darkening phase for a few weeks which was why I was worried it wouldn't work on me 😅. I am mostly concerned that I'm not purchasing real mq.

·
Registered
393 Posts
VERY VERY Subtle I was really hoping to be extremely pale by now but looks like not happening
Ugh! Correct me if I'm wrong but you're using 10%? Are you using it with RA? Maybe it takes years?? What if you use it in conjunction with another lightener?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Has anyone seen the etsy shop selling mequinol is closed? Where else can I buy some?
You mean zenaxxx. They are still there

mequinol is slowww I think I’m at 4/5 months mark I actually can’t remember when I started lol.

what I’ve noticed

1) in the very beginning coming off hq I thought I got lighter instantly, then suddenly I got darker, my mother asked me not to go any darker and maintain as I think she was confused with my darker colour.

2) my hairs on my legs and arms got lighter, when I waxed they grew back but black.

3) I noticed lighter spots (I secretly wish my overall final complexion will be the colour of the light spots) the spots Where very tiny and random places.

4) as I’m getting lighter the spots are Looking less noticeable.

5) yes I’m definitely lighter now the other day the husband screamed “what have you been” doing your legs are white, my mother also almost didn’t recognise me, apparently I’m glowing and much lighter.

6) definitely lightening.

7) areas that I cover up are much lighter and I have been bad with no sun protection so I need to sort that out!

8) I think this will take me a year to get to my goals

9) the stinging isn’t too bad I’m sort of used to it. I really hope this is a permanent way to lighten as I like the tone that’s coming through it’s more pale/cool toned.

10) I believe I’m no longer in the dark and light cycling phase!

I will report back after 9 months of use hopefully with pictures

·
Registered
393 Posts
You mean zenaxxx. They are still there

mequinol is slowww I think I’m at 4/5 months mark I actually can’t remember when I started lol.

what I’ve noticed

1) in the very beginning coming off hq I thought I got lighter instantly, then suddenly I got darker, my mother asked me not to go any darker and maintain as I think she was confused with my darker colour.

2) my hairs on my legs and arms got lighter, when I waxed they grew back but black.

3) I noticed lighter spots (I secretly wish my overall final complexion will be the colour of the light spots) the spots Where very tiny and random places.

4) as I’m getting lighter the spots are Looking less noticeable.

5) yes I’m definitely lighter now the other day the husband screamed “what have you been” doing your legs are white, my mother also almost didn’t recognise me, apparently I’m glowing and much lighter.

6) definitely lightening.

7) areas that I cover up are much lighter and I have been bad with no sun protection so I need to sort that out!

8) I think this will take me a year to get to my goals

9) the stinging isn’t too bad I’m sort of used to it. I really hope this is a permanent way to lighten as I like the tone that’s coming through it’s more pale/cool toned.

10) I believe I’m no longer in the dark and light cycling phase!

I will report back after 9 months of use hopefully with pictures
@tonedpretty thanks for the detailed description. What was your starting tone? Are you using a pre mixed MQ? Or you do dissolve your own? Do you use RA with it? How bad does MQ smell? Sorry for so many questions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
@shallalah

I was mixing my own for the first few months then tried a pre made.

it was taking too long, it still is very slow compared to my hq days.

it has this weird chemical smell but having used some strong hq lighteners in the past I wasn’t put off by the smell when I started. If you go this route be prepared for darkening initially.

Also yes I used retin a but was never too sure if I’m using enough in the one I made.

·
Registered
393 Posts
@shallalah

I was mixing my own for the first few months then tried a pre made.

it was taking too long, it still is very slow compared to my hq days.

it has this weird chemical smell but having used some strong hq lighteners in the past I wasn’t put off by the smell when I started. If you go this route be prepared for darkening initially.

Also yes I used retin a but was never too sure if I’m using enough in the one I made.
@tonedpretty so your DIY one made you darker? How did you dissolve the MQ crystals? And where do you get your premade one? Thanks!!

1141 - 1160 of 1163 Posts