Skin Care Talk banner

1161 - 1175 of 1175 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
@shallalah

It was at the beginning so I believe it’s just the normal process and not as a result of how I made it as I still experienced day of light and dark till I got to about the 4th month. I’m sure I wrote my start date somewhere so I’ll dig it up just to be sure how long I’ve been on this but I let was during the lockdown that I decided to try this route.

I got the Pre made from Etsy

·
Registered
395 Posts
@shallalah

It was at the beginning so I believe it’s just the normal process and not as a result of how I made it as I still experienced day of light and dark till I got to about the 4th month. I’m sure I wrote my start date somewhere so I’ll dig it up just to be sure how long I’ve been on this but I let was during the lockdown that I decided to try this route.

I got the Pre made from Etsy
Thanks @tonedpretty Can you dissolve MQ in propylene glycol?

·
Registered
216 Posts
@shallalah i dissolved mine in maxi white serum KA , then when I couldn’t find it I used fair and white serum with KA.

I just checked I actually started in April so it’s been a while and I’ve only now started seeing visible changes. If not for lock down I don’t think I would have kept at it but I’m really glad I did.

I hope it truly is permanent and I will definitely update whenI reach 1year or 1 year 6 months. Built the way I’m not using any other lighteners or supplements.

I do have a question regarding glutathione because I read somewhere that it counteracts the effects of mequinol and that retin a helps mequinol with actually destroying the melanocyte cells? I read this on mequinol drug bank info online.

I’m asking because I do love glutathione but haven’t taken it since using mequinol.

·
Registered
395 Posts
@shallalah i dissolved mine in maxi white serum KA , then when I couldn’t find it I used fair and white serum with KA.

I just checked I actually started in April so it’s been a while and I’ve only now started seeing visible changes. If not for lock down I don’t think I would have kept at it but I’m really glad I did.

I hope it truly is permanent and I will definitely update whenI reach 1year or 1 year 6 months. Built the way I’m not using any other lighteners or supplements.

I do have a question regarding glutathione because I read somewhere that it counteracts the effects of mequinol and that retin a helps mequinol with actually destroying the melanocyte cells? I read this on mequinol drug bank info online.

I’m asking because I do love glutathione but haven’t taken it since using mequinol.
@tonedpretty So much info! Thank you! Did you heat up your serums before putting in the MQ? I read that MQ readily dissolves in alcohol and with propylene glycol it would need to be heated up.

I hope this works for you and I wish as much success for as lunnah had. I'm planning on starting MQ next month.

·
Registered
389 Posts
@tonedpretty So much info! Thank you! Did you heat up your serums before putting in the MQ? I read that MQ readily dissolves in alcohol and with propylene glycol it would need to be heated up.

I hope this works for you and I wish as much success for as lunnah had. I'm planning on starting MQ next month.
you don’t need to heat anything it dissolves easily in any serum like lemon ate or ikb

·
Registered
216 Posts

With the maxi white KA serum I didn’t have to dissolve.

Thank you Shallalah, I’m hoping to be very light in the next 6 months. I’ve been lighter than this with the Qei mix and glutathione from back in the day’s the only thing keeping me going Is knowing exactly what I am applying and that it’s actually having effects other wise it’s sooooooo slow.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've been using the nivea /Mequinol mix for 6 mths now people have been commenting on my skin calling me passable for a white person I think i'm very near a NC 10 now using it

·
Registered
18 Posts
You mean zenaxxx. They are still there

mequinol is slowww I think I’m at 4/5 months mark I actually can’t remember when I started lol.

what I’ve noticed

1) in the very beginning coming off hq I thought I got lighter instantly, then suddenly I got darker, my mother asked me not to go any darker and maintain as I think she was confused with my darker colour.

2) my hairs on my legs and arms got lighter, when I waxed they grew back but black.

3) I noticed lighter spots (I secretly wish my overall final complexion will be the colour of the light spots) the spots Where very tiny and random places.

4) as I’m getting lighter the spots are Looking less noticeable.

5) yes I’m definitely lighter now the other day the husband screamed “what have you been” doing your legs are white, my mother also almost didn’t recognise me, apparently I’m glowing and much lighter.

6) definitely lightening.

7) areas that I cover up are much lighter and I have been bad with no sun protection so I need to sort that out!

8) I think this will take me a year to get to my goals

9) the stinging isn’t too bad I’m sort of used to it. I really hope this is a permanent way to lighten as I like the tone that’s coming through it’s more pale/cool toned.

10) I believe I’m no longer in the dark and light cycling phase!

I will report back after 9 months of use hopefully with pictures
Yes, you're right! The store was gone for a day or two so I got concerned!

I've been using the nivea /Mequinol mix for 6 mths now people have been commenting on my skin calling me passable for a white person I think i'm very near a NC 10 now using it
What % mequinol have you been using? Do you get a ready-made lotion?

Also, has anyone ordered mequinol lotion off of One_Pager | glow-skin2016 I want to try as it's more affordable for me but I'm worried it's not legit mequinol.

·
Registered
216 Posts
@TheSeerAndTheSword I was concerned too as I heard some AliExpress sellers mix mono or some sellers mix steroids which is a no no for me.

did you notice lightening of hairs @lillyjill in soo happy for you its weird how at the 6 months mark you suddenly start to see actual lightening.

I contacted the store and they said Etsy stopped the sale of mequinol on their site... I will be placing an order directly from them but you can contact them direct.

·
Registered
389 Posts
@TheSeerAndTheSword I was concerned too as I heard some AliExpress sellers mix mono or some sellers mix steroids which is a no no for me.

did you notice lightening of hairs @lillyjill in soo happy for you its weird how at the 6 months mark you suddenly start to see actual lightening.

I contacted the store and they said Etsy stopped the sale of mequinol on their site... I will be placing an order directly from them but you can contact them direct.
no lightening of hairs no spots either for me? Maybe because I’m lighter to begin with? No idea

sometimes I wonder if it’s a illusion but I’m definitely lighter I know I don’t look yellow or dark in any light just a uniform pale look

so happy for you too,sis I hope we all reach out goals soon ! I make my own mix as I do only 10% results are definitely very slow

·
Registered
395 Posts
@lillyjill great so anything that contains propylene glycol I'm guessing. I love your results! Right now I'm probably around NC 25 using carowhite. No major lightening or anything. I would be happy with NC 15 I wouldnt go any lighter because people will start to get suspicious.

@tonedpretty I agree with you on knowing exactly what your putting on your skin. I know carowhite isnt exactly the cleanest product on the market but I'm using it maintain while I wait for my MQ powder. I was curious as to why sellers in China would want to mix mono with MQ. Is it cheaper to produce or something? I actually bought some MQ from China from a seller that had good ratings. I hope I didnt get scammed.

·
Registered
389 Posts
@shallalah is that you in your profile pic? I think you should give MQ a try pretty sure it will take you to NC 15 also try the ordinary AHA peel and retin A they seem to speed up results

·
Registered
31 Posts
@shallalah is that you in your profile pic? I think you should give MQ a try pretty sure it will take you to NC 15 also try the ordinary AHA peel and retin A they seem to speed up results

Hey hun,

what does mequinol smell like? I recently bought a pre-mix lotion from and I recognise this smell from using mequinol before. the ingredients don't list mequinol however I am curious to know if perhaps it's a hidden ingredient. the lotion is VERY runny and has fragrance added to it but it smells 'gassy'.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey hun,

what does mequinol smell like? I recently bought a pre-mix lotion from and I recognise this smell from using mequinol before. the ingredients don't list mequinol however I am curious to know if perhaps it's a hidden ingredient. the lotion is VERY runny and has fragrance added to it but it smells 'gassy'.
To me, it has a plastic-y/paint smell (Sorry, not too sure how to describe it). I barely smell it myself but other people around me have complained about how strong of a scent my lotions have.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey hun,

It actually smells like stale urine i spilled some in a hot walk in attic and the attic smelled for days like that..

1161 - 1175 of 1175 Posts