Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am typically Halle Berry's skintone, but after having my two babies back to back and suffering with hypothyroidism, my skin became really dark, ashy and uneven. Once I stopped breastfeeding my youngest s few months ago, I decided to start working on my skin lightening journey. If you are on a budget, and don't mind formulating your own stuff, this might work for you. For two weeks I used only olive oil soap, vitamin c serum I made using vitamin c powder I bought from pure bulk, and 20% glycolic acid serum I had purchased from larachem. I then started adding hydroquinone on the marks I had on my legs, and wore pants so my babies aren't exposed. I then decided to purchased mequinol online from a company in china. It stinks, but it's safer than hydroquinone. It does however make your skin peel similar to a aha peel, so my advise would be to not mix it with retin a if you are using a higher percentage. If you love your retin a though, just buy powder from bulk actives, put it in a bottle of mix of witch hazel and shake it really good. Leave it on for 10 min and wash yourself with a olive oil or glycerin soap. I made a 15% mequinol astrigent by taking my mequinol and putting it in a bottle of witch hazel. I put it in a plastic bag, get the water in my sink really hot, and leave it in there with the water for a half hour to fully dissolve. Put your mequinol on, and use either hydraulonic acid gel (I make my own using power I bought from eBay and distilled water), olive oil or vitamin e oil. I have gone down 3 shades in 3 months, doing this only once a day a night when my babies and hubby go to bed.

·
Registered
779 Posts
OP what makes you say Mequinol is safer than HQ?

I used to visit an Indian lightening forum donkey years ago and I know one Indian lady who used it successfully but other than her everything I have heard about Mequinol has been a disaster from hell!

I never really understood what it does? Does it depigment? What is it supposed to do?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes it's true Mequinol is safer than HQ, many studies proves. But MQ is not as known as HQ; Here in France HQ is banned but i can buy 10% mequinol cream 'leucodinine" without prescription (check PUBMED website/melasma)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2807702/. Solage which is widely used to treat melasma is a mix of mequinol and tretinoin
People make no diference between mequinol and monobenzone used to treat Vitiligo with a total depigmentation effect.
I'd rather go with MQ than HQ because of the long term effect (onchronosis) and palm/nails yellowing and joints darkening.
Just trying to find out a reliable source of real MQ

·
Registered
605 Posts
It's been said from users on SCT that it's more effective then HQ/RA. Idk if it's safe I think it is all though it could be a depigmenting agent?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mequinol works well but it's not really possible to use it all over your body as you can use hq all over, cause you can't find creams online or lotion in a jar, you have to use tubes and to me it wasn't enough to use on my body which is harder to lighten cause the skin is thicker. I also have to say that it burns when you apply it on your skin and when i say burn it means burn as hell. I used to buy mne from gold parma. com not sure that they still sell this cause it was in 2010. Hope this helps

·
Registered
65 Posts
are the results permanent
I know you were not asking me but i can answer: the results arent permanent at all. But to me it stays longer than hq. I still recommend hq instead of this since it's so hard to find and burns very much when applying it to your skin. Hope this helps

·
Registered
779 Posts
I know you were not asking me but i can answer: the results arent permanent at all. But to me it stays longer than hq. I still recommend hq instead of this since it's so hard to find and burns very much when applying it to your skin. Hope this helps
Thanks I was asking ANYBODY who could help. I'm glad you could help.

Well how much longer than HQ?

Good luck Misty Jane I hope you have researched well. I heard its pretty dangerous.

Is this what Michael Jackson used?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm ot sure about what our beloved MJ used. But as he had vitiligo, i guess he was using monobenzone (benoquin cream) but i'm sure he used many different things, but only mono can get you permanently chalky white.
Mono, Mequinol and hydroquinone are phenol based products
Here is the different chemical formulas :

Monobenzone is the monobenzyl ether of hydroquinone. Monobenzone occurs as a white, almost tasteless crystalline powder, soluble in alcohol and practically insoluble in water.
Chemically, monobenzone is designated as p-(benzyloxy) phenol; the empirical formula is C13H12O2; molecular weight 200.24. The structural formula is:
C13H12O2   200.24

Mequinol is 4- hydroxyanisole, the monomethyl ether of hydroquinone or 1-hydroxy-4-methoxybenzene. It has the chemical formula, C[SUB]7[/SUB]H[SUB]8[/SUB]O[SUB]2[/SUB], a molecular weight of 124.14, and the structural formula:

Hydroquinone, also benzene-1,4-diol or quinol, is an aromatic organic compound that is a type of phenol, having the chemical formula C[SUB]6[/SUB]H[SUB]4[/SUB](OH)[SUB]2[/SUB].

Here is a study on effective bleaching/depigmenting agents

http://www.touchbriefings.com/pdf/3421/rippke.pdf.

Happy new year!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks I was asking ANYBODY who could help. I'm glad you could help.

Well how much longer than HQ?

Good luck Misty Jane I hope you have researched well. I heard its pretty dangerous.

Is this what Michael Jackson used?
Its been rumored he used monobenzone.....After his death..during an investigation..the investigators saw tubes of mono in his neverland ranch.

Both monobenzone and mequinol produce dramatic skin whitening, but react very differently. Mequinol leaves the skin looking extremely pale. However, tanning is still possible. Monobenzone applied topically completely removes pigment in the long term and vigorous sun-safety must to be adhered to for life to avoid severe sun burn and melanomas. People using monobenzone without previously having vitiligo do so because standard products containing hydroquinone or other lightening agents are not effective for their skin and due to price and active ingredient strength. However, monobenzone is not recommended for skin conditions other than vitiligo. AP reports that both hydroquinone and Benoquin were found in the home of popstar Michael Jackson........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depigmentation

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have been looking to buy mequinol but I don't wanna buy from a scam website. Could anyone tell me where you get your mequinol from? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey jedi i got some questions...so i know mequinol actually does work you just have to figure out the best way to use and find a reputable place to purchase from.I had been using mequinol a year ago and stopped using because I purchased from TCA peel and it was a liquid susbtance. I can deff say it worked but i got "light spots". I was dark brown in a month i lightened about 4 shades. Then i stopped using the product and thankfully the little spots i got blended back in. I want to begin using mequinol again but this time i want to make my own formula. the formula i had been using from tca peel.net was astrigent like and very liquidy it was 15% mequinol. Im thinking i got the spots because it was too high of a percentage. what percent did you make your mequinol, and when you apply do you leave yours on the entire night or do you wash it off after 10 minutes your post a little confusing on that part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey jedi i got some questions...so i know mequinol actually does work you just have to figure out the best way to use and find a reputable place to purchase from.I had been using mequinol a year ago and stopped using because I purchased from TCA peel and it was a liquid susbtance. I can deff say it worked but i got "light spots". I was dark brown in a month i lightened about 4 shades. Then i stopped using the product and thankfully the little spots i got blended back in. I want to begin using mequinol again but this time i want to make my own formula. the formula i had been using from tca peel.net was astrigent like and very liquidy it was 15% mequinol. Im thinking i got the spots because it was too high of a percentage. what percent did you make your mequinol, and when you apply do you leave yours on the entire night or do you wash it off after 10 minutes your post a little confusing on that part.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I made a small batch (4oz) of mequinol with dpg, vitamin A powder, 1 tube of
Retin A,
Glyceryne, fair&white exclusive. I used the formula below to guide me.
I noticed that it does not take much to melt MQ crystal. I boil some hot
Water put 2 teaspoon of MQ in a small clear plastic container with
A small amount of DPG...melted almost right away.

1kg 100% monobenzone powderAnd I am going to blend it with cream according to this:
20% = 15mg so that's like 1 table spoon
40% = 30 mg that's like 2 tablespoons
5% = 5 ml so that's like one teaspoon

I know it mentions mono but, i tried making my own usin MQ powder (4oz)

Immediately after applying the cream, I rubbed off so much dead skin so, I think
This may be a good start.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Immediatelye a small batch of mequinol with dpg, vitamin A powder, 1 tube of
Retin A,
Glyceryne, fair&white exclusive. I used the formula below to guide me.
I noticed that it does not take much to melt MQ crystal. I boil some hot
Water put 2 teaspoon of MQ in a small clear plastic container with
A small amount of DPG...melted almost right away.

1kg 100% monobenzone powderAnd I going to blend it with cream according to this:
20% = 15mg so that's like 1 table spoon
40% = 30 mg that's like 2 tablespoons
5% = 5 ml so that's like one teaspoon

I know it mentions mono but, i tried making my own usin MQ powder (4oz)

Immediately after applying the cream, I rubbed off so much dead skin so, I think
This may be a good start.
Thanks hun, exactly what i was looking for

1 - 20 of 298 Posts