Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I had a jr. high school teacher with it..also a distant cousin has it.

I don't see why Michael couldn't have had it.<shrug>

·
Registered
524 Posts
in the video clips michael jackson is seen claiming on Oprah that vitiligo developed soon after 1982 (thriller), and the reporter later says he quickly developed universal vitiligo and denied using creams to speed the process along.

michael jackson's sisters confirmed in an interview that boxes of Benoquin arrived at his home as early as 1982.

which means michael began depigmenting with benoquin around the same time vitiligo appeared.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
so you're saying that he triggered it himself? wow.

eta: maybe since he was famous/highly visible, his docs just rushed it along with meds?

·
Registered
524 Posts
hrrrmmm, with regard to the "famous" status, thats kinda like saying his Derm decided to marry him, rather than the other way around.

i'm "saying" look at the timeline, then no need for wows.

·
Registered
467 Posts
yes,i believe he did also,i've vitiligo spots on me natural,so i no how the man felt,michael jackson was a very nice man&i'am a very big fan,i believe he did...he may've used benoquin,who would if you a big star in the spot light,with vitiligo spot's all over you,it made since why he may've done that,make since,right..guys!

·
Registered
524 Posts
i've vitiligo spots on me natural,so i no how the man felt,michael jackson was a very nice man&i'am a very big fan,i believe he did...he may've used benoquin,who would if you a big star in the spot light,with vitiligo spot's all over you,it made since why he may've done that,make since,right..guys!
i can understand why he didnt admit to using 'creams', and stuck more to the sudden, quick, "universal" vitiligo story. kind of the same way he blamed his nose jobs on falling down on some stairs

but the man is dead, he's one of america's most famous and is immortal will always be loved

whether he had vitiligo or

whether he just chose to fade out his lupus-affected skin to one light color (with the only tools avail to him) per his own taste and preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts