Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just has this done on Saturday, how often does one need to go for effective results?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Microdermabrasion isn't that aggressive.

Typically when you start off you go for six session a week apart and then maintain with sessions every month or two.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nice lady told me 4 or 5 sessions once a week. Then once a month, but at $135 a pop I know that will not happen.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I just has this done on Saturday, how often does one need to go for effective results?
Yes, in the beginning, you might want to go once a week for 4-6 weeks. That's what I did. Now I go twice a month. And like Freddy said, it isn't a very aggressive procedure. I think if you are looking for a noticable result, go once a week.

For sure ask for a package price. Good luck and keep us posted on your results-

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

As you know microdermabrasion gently buffs the skin with a machine that blows purified abrasive particles against it, then vacuums them away.
Therapists recommend a series of 5 or more sessions once a week or once a fortnight, followed by monthly sessions.

Did you know that there are two types of microdermabrasion? One is done by beauty therapists; the other is medical microdermabrasion which is done by a doctor and goes deeper into the skin.

I presume you mean the one done at the beauty salon. Nevertheless, frequency depends on your skinâ€2122s sensitivity. You do not mention your skin type.

Be aware it can cause broken veins in some people who have sensitive skin.

Warmest regards,

redrose

PS: I have had microdermabrasion only once some years ago. It was in a beauty salon and I found that my skin was too sensitive for it. You may be different.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fawnie: what microfiber cloth do you use/recommend? There are so many out there, don't know what to choose...plus I need a supplier that ships world-wide...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had microdermabrasion 5 times, each a week apart, and saw almost no mprovement in my skin! I did feel smoother but didn't look any different. I am now considering a superficial peel...
T.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Fawnie: what microfiber cloth do you use/recommend? There are so many out there, don't know what to choose...plus I need a supplier that ships world-wide...
Rubarb this is what fawnie myself and a few others use for a microfiber cloth. I am not sure where you live, but you can check and see if they ship to you. Nice cloth, works great. I know periwinkle uses one he likes as well, maybe he will help you with the site he uses. I believe his is a great price.

Microfiber Cleansing ClothÂ*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Rubarb this is what fawnie myself and a few others use for a microfiber cloth. I am not sure where you live, but you can check and see if they ship to you. Nice cloth, works great. I know periwinkle uses one he likes as well, maybe he will help you with the site he uses. I believe his is a great price.

Microfiber Cleansing Cloth - NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger
Here's the one I use. I bought mine from EDS but they are out now.
I use it once a week. I also use it nightly to remove the stubborn sunscreen around my eyes.

PSF Microfiber Cleansing Cloth, 2 Pack - Cleansers Toners - Naturally Yours Skin Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you tried to just buy a machine and do it yourself? I did, and noticed a dramatic difference after one use in the sun spots on my face, it's great!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had microdermabrasion on my back 5 times, but they where done 1 in 3 weeks. My dermatologist said that after she peels the skin it needs to form it's new layer and that takes time, so one week is definitely too often. I'm very satisfied with the results. My back was full of acne before it, and now I only have 2-3 occasionally appearing, but that's nothing compared to what I had before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts