Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any specific food types that creates milia? I'm trying to avoid milia as much as I can, but those white/yellow spots keep coming back

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here's a source
How to Remove and Treat Acne & Milia, Using The Best Methods Possible | eHow.com

Specifically:
" NUTRITION.
I know you have heard this before, and it is very true: whatever you put into your body shows on the outside of your body, and it affects your insides as well. PROOF: Look at Whitney Houston before and after she married Bobby Brown. EXACTLY. Any one who says otherwise doesn't know any better or is trying to get you to use their products.
You need to be on a high-sulfur, high-fiber diet. Cut out excessive sweets, and processed foods. Use in MODERATION.
Sulfur is in everything, even our bodies. It keeps all of our body healthy, our hair shiny and our skin smooth, supple and ... CLEAN."

·
Registered
529 Posts
wouldnt food that.. u know.. causes gas.. be high in sulphur
beans and brocolli and stuff

·
Registered
102 Posts
I didn't make the recommendations that quote was an excerpt from the sight. I've not read much into how to avoid milia. But I think Soda made the list on some site. A thorough internet search would be the best way to quickly get more answers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also, exfoliate- thats what I was advised to do to help when I had Milla under my eyes when I saw a dermatoliga skin person. I should add though, I was quite anorexic and my diet consisted only of green leafy veg (green cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower...) fresh fruit and porridge, all high in sulfer, so think there must be more needed then just sulfer- think your skin care routine adds to it maybe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Milia is caused by use of oily skincare products and mineral makeup. It happened to me. I had a dozen milia lesions and it was very distressing. My dermatologist recommended me to use the milia treatment from naturalis and have had very successful removal of milia lesions. A week after daily application of the cream, ll the milia lesions cleared up . See this link about the recommendation from Arnold R. Oppenheim, a dermatologist in Virginia Beach, Virginia

How to Remove Milia Seeds | eHow. com

http : // www . ehow . com/how_5065435_remove-milia-seeds.html

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've also heard the milia can be caused by a diet high in fat because the milia are actually cholesterol deposits? I'm not sure if this is true. I have one below my eye right now, it's actually almost on my cheek and it's annoying. I've never had one before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
cholesterol deposits under the eye area appear as yellow lesions in color, not white. these are called xanthelasma. they can also be treated.

I've also heard the milia can be caused by a diet high in fat because the milia are actually cholesterol deposits? I'm not sure if this is true. I have one below my eye right now, it's actually almost on my cheek and it's annoying. I've never had one before.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I was just reading a doctor's view on milia in today's local paper. She says that milia are 'keratin cysts (which is a protein that gives strength to the skin). Quite why they appear isn't known but some people are more prone than others. They are not related to diet or skin hygiene and they are neither harmful nor infectious'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts