Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone tried that to dry up acne? i read about it on a bunch of forums. i also read that people were using HP with baking soda for acne. i tried the HP with baking soda but ended up with red hair. lol. so im a little scared to use any more home remedies. anyone got any other good remedies?

·
Registered
291 Posts
toothpaste can help on a pimple that is just forming. Like when you can feel a little soreness or bump underneath the skin. If you put toothpaste on it, usually ti doesnt form into a full blown pimple.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried the toothpaste thing but i really dont like it much. im goign to try the milk of magnesia.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I wouldn't use that stuff. It could really irritate or dry up your skin. I'd just use clearisil or something.

·
Registered
360 Posts
no milk of magnesia as a mask can work really well to dry up the skin. just make sure you moisterize after. milk of magnesia can also be used as a makeup primer if you apply a very very very thin layer all over the face so that it dries clear and then apply your makeup on top, it will keep the face oil at bay almost all day long, its really great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dot mess with your skin, toothpast is for teeth! and milk magnesia is for your tummy, and i dont believe people would even contemplate putting Peroxide on your skin! even the stuff the doctor can prescribe with hp in is leathel!! it takes the colour out from hair and if you get it on your clothes bleaches it, WHY USE THOSE HARSH THINGS ON YOUR SKIN!!! Go see your doctor.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Dot mess with your skin, toothpast is for teeth! and milk magnesia is for your tummy, and i dont believe people would even contemplate putting Peroxide on your skin! even the stuff the doctor can prescribe with hp in is leathel!! it takes the colour out from hair and if you get it on your clothes bleaches it, WHY USE THOSE HARSH THINGS ON YOUR SKIN!!! Go see your doctor.
The post you are answering is from 2008, I don't think you need to worry too much about this one. Look at the date at the top of the post for the dates.

·
Registered
54 Posts
try a smashed up uncoated aspirin dissolved with a drop of water and maybe a bit of raw honey if you have any.....i have used only the aspirin and it works very well to heal pimples within a day. the honey will help everything stick together and also is an antibacterial agent.it can be used all over your face or just for spot treatments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts