Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Bare Minerals is the most popular and everybody loves it... However it doesn't really work for me.. I find it heavy and it also makes my pores look bigger... I just don't like it.

anyone heard about "youngblood" mineral makeup??

People say that it's much better than bare...

Would appreciate your comments!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i use bare minerals, funny it makes your pores look bigger, it makes mine look smaller.

never heard of youngblood, but i have seen an infomercial for Sheercover mineral makeup, id be willing to give that one a shot, it looked good to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you might find this site helpful when deciding what mineral make up to choose. it says sheer cover works better than bare minerals for people who have oily skin or enlarged pores, so it might be what your looking for.

it also says a lot fo interesting things about youngblood and how it was developed.

w-w-w.mineral-makeup-reviews.com/index.html

sorry bout the weird typing, i dont have 15 posts yet, cant post links lol. so just copy and paste and type in the w-w-w yourself lols

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have tried bareminerals and found my face to get itchy when I get hot or the weather is humid. I have been told it is due to the bismuth oxychloride found in their products. I have also tried sheercover but found their mineral makeup to feel cakey on my skin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there.
I have already tried Sheer Cover and HATED it. I think that Bare minerals is still better than sheer. My skin is combination and it's get even a bit dry now with the cold weather
Anyway, I just heard that "youngblood" is really good for mature skin with lines and pores etc.. (I do not have lines yet, tnk god:) but my pores are enlarged and Bare makes it even more noticable. I tried Jane Iredale as well and didn't like the liquid, it's just melts after 2 hours. Howerver, the powder was good!

So if anyone else tried "youngblood", I would love to get some feedback on that!!

Thanks again !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get mine from puremagicminerals.co.uk . I really like it. But I don't know how it compares to other products as these are the first mineral make ups I have used. Its good value!!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Bare Minerals makes my skin look cakey. My skin is combination/oily type and I have read that this make up is supposed to be good for oily skin. It does not cover my acne scars and the mineral veil does not help to keep my face matte. Make up comes off easily after a few hours of wearing as my skin tends to get very oily. It is so hard to find a good makeup when you have oily skin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Youngblood is the spin off from Susan Youngblood who made Sheercover. If Bare Minerals and Sheercover are too cakey try Jane Iredale. I find her mineral make up the best.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Youngblood is the spin off from Susan Youngblood who made Sheercover. If Bare Minerals and Sheercover are too cakey try Jane Iredale. I find her mineral make up the best.
Where do you buy Jane Iredale make up? thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bare Minerals makes my skin look cakey. My skin is combination/oily type and I have read that this make up is supposed to be good for oily skin. It does not cover my acne scars and the mineral veil does not help to keep my face matte. Make up comes off easily after a few hours of wearing as my skin tends to get very oily. It is so hard to find a good makeup when you have oily skin.
Pumi,
I couldn't agree with you more !!!! I am not that oily but still, bare minerals just won't cover my imperfections and after 3 hours I have to clean my face and re-apply all over again. I just do not like it. sheer cover is the same sh..t
I hated it. Jane Iradele is OK, I like the powder, didn't like the liquid (again, not enough coverage). Its sooooooooo hard to find a good foundation that is healthy and also covers !!!!
I am still on the search......

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Speaking of minerals make-up, can somebody recommend a good minerals concealer? Can you use normal liquid concealer with minerals foundation?
Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like Glo-minerals better than Jane Iredale. It looks more natural and last a little longer. I have never tried Bare Minerals...but after reading these reviews it doesn't look like I will be

A pretty good mineral back-up (at least for pressed powder) is Physician's Formula. It is about $12.00 and you can pick it up at any drug store. It is not quite as good as glo-minerals but it is easy to get and match the color right at the store. Honestly, I haven't tried their concealer or foundation b/c I am so happy with glo-minerals concealer and it lasts forever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use "skin rich" which you buy from South Melbourne market or online. They're mainly about natural and organic skincare but also sell natural mineral makeup. It is chemical free and the best one I have tried and believe me I have tried them all. I suffer bad acne and I find their foundation and concealer hide it best and are less likely to trigger more acne.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you use a great mineral makeup, you shouldn't need a separate concealer. Apply the mineral foundation all over your face, then go back with a concealer brush and "spot brush" the spots that need covered with your mineral foundation. Then one more quick swoop over the whole face and you're done. When I wear my minerals, you can never tell that I have acne.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think that it depends on the mineral line you use. My concealer happens to be a mineral concealer but I know that some minerals are a "brush on." What kind do you use, wonderfully?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've tried Pur Minerals -- my skin is very light -- and I like the no make-up look. The reason I tried it was because during the winter I'm so pale. I bought their lightest shade and my skin turned orange. So another product ditched. The best powder concealer I've used is by Aloette -- called Look Alive. You get a tiny container (but it lasts a long time) -- I found it amazing in covering up all sorts of blemishes. It can even be used as a concealer for deep lines.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I really don't know. It's a powder, very light in texture and although it covers up blemishes once on you can't detect it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mari,

I LOVE YOUR DOG!!!!!! I also have a Maltese... ( I have 2). Aren't they the best ever ?????? great pic of your baby :))

1 - 20 of 80 Posts