Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a mineral makeup brand? I don't think I could stand another summer with clogged pores! I would prefer it if the brand had a no-testing on animals policy because that's something I really care about. I also prefer it to be 100% natural ingredients if posssible!

Thanks!

Loverofbeauty

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I just received a flyer about Laura Mercier new Foundation primer mineral and mineral pressed powder. I have never tried her mineral makeup but I used her regular makeup and really liked it.

The only mineral makeup I have had success with was Colorescience.
Colorescience

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I LOVE Bare Escentuals and Smashbox Halo. I get my Halo from a seller on ebay for about half the retail price- sealed and all. GREAT stuff!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
There have been several threads here about MMU:
http://www.skincaretalk.com/makeup-t...al-makeup.html

http://www.skincaretalk.com/makeup-t...na-makeup.html

http://www.skincaretalk.com/makeup-t...al-makeup.html

My pick would be Skin Rich since it doesn't contain bismuth which can be irritating to some ppl..
I have heard a LOT of ladies complain of itching from the bismuth, but when they switched to a soft, SYNTHETIC makeup brush instead of the animal hair brushes, the itchies went away. I got some itchies at one point and when I switched to a synthetic mu brush- no itchies! You might want to give that a try IF you already have mineral mu that has busmuth in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you tried Yuva? They are an Australian brand that use 100% natural ingredients and the makeup/skin care products are fabulous! I seriously swear by it! Loverofbeauty I know what you mean about animal testing.. some of the stories i've heard are just disgusting.. I know Yuva is certified by the Choose Cruelty Free organization which is another reason I choose their products! Hope this helped you!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
AVON has a no-animal-testing policy and you can get a Smooth Minerals starter kit for just $25. I plan on trying it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ah yes you can't go past Yuva for Mineral Make-up and Skin Care! I was converted a few months ago and it's hard to believe I ever used anything else. I was out in the sun yesterday and it felt so much better to have a beautiful natural finish rather than the cakey foundation look in the hot sun!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just so you know almost all mineral makeup contains mica. Due its micron size, this is not ideal, the average human pore size is 30 micron. The average size of mica is 5 to 25 micron, certainly just the right size to wedge into and clog pores. I assume it's still better to use than a chemical filled liquid foundation though. Coastal classic creations foundation does not clog pores, it contains no mica & is completely natural. check out their website. Coastalclassiccreations dot com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a mineral makeup brand? I don't think I could stand another summer with clogged pores! I would prefer it if the brand had a no-testing on animals policy because that's something I really care about. I also prefer it to be 100% natural ingredients if posssible!

Thanks!

Loverofbeauty
Hi Lover of beauty, I recently ( about a month or so ago) also decided mineral was the way to go.

I have a terible skin, but I think foundation wasn't really doing me skin any favours!! , becuase I wanted full coverage I was VERY sceptical bout mineral make up but I NEVER GO BACK!!!!

check out - store.bareescentuals.com"]store.bareescentuals.com

Hope that helps
Cheers
xxxxx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I absolutely love Jane Iredale mineral makeup. You can control the amount of coverage. And there are two forms. There is the pressed powder that comes in a compact that has a more subdued appearance on your skin. Then there is the loose powder in a jar that gives your skin a bit of luminescence. I prefer the loose powder. I have purchased it at AstonishingSkinCare.com
I also purchased it on the official Jane Iredale website and at the office of one of the plastice surgeons that I work with. Astonishing Skin Care website gives you a forever 10% discount after your first purchase. So I've stuck with that website. I had the color dialed in at the plastic surgeons office. I know that they sell Jane Iredale at a lot of Cosmetic surgeons offices and at Aesthetician offices too. Once you have your color dialed in I would then purchase it from the discount place....It just makes sense to save the $$$...

I know you'll find a mineral makeup that you will just love!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts