Skin Care Talk banner

Mixing lightening ingredients with your sun screen

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Summer's approaching and I'll be applying sunscreen serveral times through out the day. I still got a couple of lightening ingredient at home. I wonder if it's a good idea to dissolve them and mix it with the sun screen, because that would mean a couple of additional apllication of lightening ingredients per day. I still got HQ powder but I'm not going to dissolve it in the sunscreen because your not supposed to have it on your skin while in the sun. However I still got Kojic Acid, Niacinamide, Glutathione, N-Acetyl-Cysteine and Vitamin C. I surely wouldn't mix the Vitamin C with the other substances but what do you think. Is it ok for the other substances to be on your skin while under sun exposure ?
Love bumi

#2 ·
No.......you don't want to dilute your sunscreen. Its the very last to go on in your routine and you want it applied full force. Apply your other goods separately. You can cleanse, apply Vit C serum, then your sunscreen thats the order you would do your AM routine. Use the rest in your PM routine.

Don't over think it, keep it simple, your complicating things for yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.