Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and have been looking at few posts for opinions on skin lightening. I am looking to change from venus williams color to meagan good color - that girls skin is so beautiful!

I am proud of my heritage and I may not ever get to meagan good grade (she is just too damn gorgeous!) but I want to go for a different look.

This is going to take some time, and I have done alot of research into Hq. I am also going to start a blog (with tried and tested method) so I can educate people who want to sensibly lighten.

I have mixed my own cream (a fun task as Ive always liked doing abit of chemistry) because too many people get ripped off my those who promise good results and are not always sure of credible sources.

Anyway, I hope to speak to most of you soon and look forward to informing you guys along the way x x

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi, Ninasky!

Welcome to the forum. So, you have compounded your own home made HQ cream? Interesting! What did you do: but the raw HQ in powder form & dilute it to a lesser concentration? How long have you been at it & what kind of results are you achieving? Sorry to bombard you with questions on youe very forst visit, but I am so interested in learning about what you are doing. I am in week 5 of using monobenzone 20%. In light of the skin's melanin cycle & the way in which mono works, measurable results take a good 4 months. I am seeing noticable changes, though. It is hard to explain: it seems like the darker 'old' melanin saturated skin is near the surface & exfoliating away & much lighter skin is glowing through.

I tried HQ4% & Retin A 0.1% first on alternating days, then mixed together & used 2x/day. This blend really is effective too & I was impressed with the results. The downside is that you need to use it FOREVER in order to maintain results. Once the desired colour is reached, the skin can 'revert' after just one visit to the beach & all that patience & expense can go down the drain. With mono, after you achieve your results (you can slow down before complete depigmentation occurs & you turn Kaspar The Ghost white) &, with a very minimal & inexpensive maintenance routine (2x/week) & some sunscreen, results are permanent.

Thanks for chosing this forum in which to share your knowledge. It will be well received.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ondine - nice to meet you!

Its fine I dont mind the questions. Yes I bought the hq powder and mixed it with my own lotion. You can also mix it with DPG (dipropylene glycol) which is found in many cosmetic products and easy to get hold of. I am only a week in and my face - which is quite dark - has already began to peel. I can see the new skin underneath and this is already a shade lighter.

My forehead (sorry if Im grossing you out here) is also peeling. To manage this, I have been exfoliating and using salicylic acid but I have sensitive combination skin so I have to be careful.

I am now waiting for my retin-a to arrive. I am sure once I begin using this, I will be able to lighten much more quickly. Ill also be using this on my body.

The hardest part with this is getting the mixing right and not over-saturating your preparation, stopping your lotion from forming crystals and actually getting your powder to dissolve.

Then theres having to wear white suncream which looks disgraceful on my dark skin (lol) but I have found a nice invisible spray which works just as well as the creams :)

I plan only to use this high concentration hq for 4 months and then maintain with a much safer preparation containing only arbutin.

Wow, so youre using mono? Have you had any side effects such as white spots/freckles? Maybe after lightening I may look to mono for a permanent solution....but I want to try the hq first :)

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
THe peeling is really exfoliation. It'll make your cream absorb better. Might I ask where you get your HQ powder from & how high a concentration you have compounded? The highest I've come across from a legitimate source is 10%.

As for my mono, so far, my skin is fading nicely w/o any weird effects like blotches or spotting. Time will tell, though because I haven't reached that 4 month benchmark. Retin A is an incredible product that so many people here are getting great results from. I am certain it'll help you too.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oooo-la-laaaaaa,

You've found a legitimate source for 10%?! Where, where?! Just in case I think about trying it..

GoddessOfEarth

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
DHR Cream from cosmetic surgery dallas d o t c o m

It is 50$ + s&h.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oooo. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You're welcome. This is truly THE only legit source of this level of HQ I've found.

·
Registered
258 Posts
hi ninasky im new here also, i also belong to another forum that wasnt that usefull and keep deleting my threads and all my comments just because i exposed a seller from m o n o . net
but anyway i also decided to mix my own hq, but i dont know if im doing it right because the ppl werent all that helpful, i wanted to know if you could list your steps on how you compounded you cream, and also im having problems with it turning brown, how do you stop the cream from oxidizing?thanx

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
That seller has been exposed here too. What a shame! A valid & authentic Canadian source for HQ & mono would've been useful but murky brown & bubble gum pink inert creams are of no use to anyone.

Ninasky, I too would be interested in learning more.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The watery mess is inert. Toss it out & chalk it up to a learning experience. Actually, from what my research has unearthed, mono 20% (& HQ up t0 10%) is safe & effective when used correctly. The horror stories are typically about people who abused the product by mixing it with unsafe substances (lead, mercury, bleach etc.) OR used it wrong (too high a concentration too many times/day) OR applied it unevenly (trying to smear the chalky stuff onto dry skin) OR did not apply sunblock & avoid the sun.

I have experienced absolutely nothing besides gradually lightening skin. There's a little dryness that is easily managed. I plan to stick with it & see it through. Complete depigmentation can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 yrs from what I've read. This gradual lightening is a good thing that allows a person to adjust to their new appearance as it changes & choose just how far they want to go.

·
Registered
258 Posts
oh trust me i did take it as a learning experience, even tho i was fortunate enuf to receive a refund, but i know now that im done with buying hq from companys that charge ridicolous prices for pure crap, im now 100% devoted into mixing my own creams only if i could get a effective step by step process on how to mix up this stuff w/o it oxidizing, where is ninasky?hehe

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You are braver than I am. While I am interested in knowing how to mix these creams, I am not yet willing to play home chemist with strong chemical medicines. I buy my HQ & REtin A in tubes. It is waay to easy to screw up the process & instead make some caustic poison.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Krazycee, Hi Ondine :)

In answer to your previous question - i get photograde hq in the uk from a photography store. It is illegal to sell the cream preparation in the uk, so I get the raw form powder. That way I know what goes in my cream and how much,

krazycee - I assume everyone mixes their hq with water or just into their cream and holding it in hot water, it does not work and will turn you brown, or cause dermititis (skin rash) depening on how much used,

Any brown cream is no good and it oxidised a long time ago. The worst thing you want aswell is to put it on your skin and for it to turn brown. I used white towels one time and noticed about an hour after i had a bath/shower, my white towels turned brown! This is because the hq is oxidising. Pls dont mix ur hq with water.

I hope this advice will be useful to everyone but go out and get yourself some dipropylene glycol fragrance grade (DPG)to dissolve your hq/arbutin and do not use high percentage (10-20%) for more than 4 months unless you are experienced in using the stuff. This post is turning into an essay now so if anyone elses wants to know more detail ill await your replies :)

Also before I go i wanted to show you some photographic evidence of my colour change! Does it look bad? It doesnt hurt, just a little tender after application but im thrilled! I may consider using a lower percentage concentration for my face though....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By the way guys - I have mixed a 20% HQ cream (mainly for the body) and 4% HQ/10% Arbutin Cream (for the face) with Retin-A. When I get more Arbutin I will use this as an alternative to the HQ to see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the info. I, for one appreciate the essay & I would like to read more about your process. The photo you posted is unidentifiable on my computer & is a violet grey colour. What is it supposed to show? Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its supposed to show the contrast between my old skin colour and my new one. my new skin color is more high yellow whereas my old skin colour had more of a red tone. i took that without flash on aswell.

·
Registered
670 Posts
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg.....So Sorry! LOL!!!!!!!!! You use photography hydroquinone? WOW! They say that stuff is mixed with other things. I haven't heard of any type of HQ making the skin tender. Maybe it's your Retin-A?

Is it the same as this: *Nevermind. I removed the site, as SCAMMERS may try to go and start selling that stuff.*

WOW

GoddessOfEarth

You lightened fast too, if that's a photo of you! If that's an, actual, pic..why is it not even or is it a drawing to show contrast? Have to admit, it's a bit intruiging. More research into this, I may do.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
That scares me too. Photography grase HQ is NOT the same as the USP grade & it is mixed with other chemicals. Ninasky, that sounds very risky.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts