Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding it really hard to moisturise my face. (I have excema on face) When I apply moisturiser to my face, there are 4 areas on my face where excema breathes and it becomes very dry/red/flakey. The problem is that as I need to apply moisturiser, there are flakes already surfacing on my skin and applying moistuiser is a disaster as it makes it worse. But then if I carefully scratch the flakes off, then apply moisturiser, my skin goes more red. So as you can see, I have a dilemma.

I have been using different types of moisturisers and I'm pretty happy with the one I have as it has Vitamin E, Jojoba oil and has a nice thick creme.

How can I properly moisturise my face? Obviously the way I'm doing it isn't working and the redness/flakes just keep coming.
I look forward to your advice, thankyou.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I suffer the same thing but have just read a very interesting post saying to moisturize when your face is still damp, gonna try this next time I shower.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had the flaky stuff too. On the eyelids is the worst! When eyelids are bad I have an Rx my derm doc perscribed. Daily, I cleanse my face with CeraVe Cleanser and moisturize with CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (both recommended by my doc). I also use the Cream, sometimes patting around my eye area and other flaky places that may appear (do this at night). Other products I use, to keep this condition at bay, are Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Toner (very soothing), along with her BHA 2% exfoliating lotion and two of her Serums. CeraVe just came out with their P.M. Lotion and it seems to be the best (for night but daytime too if you like)!

Hope this helps. What works for one person may not for another. I have very sensitive skin and just want COMFORT...... CeraVe has given me that comfort. I also use it in the shower on my body when dry and irritated in winter months-----calms everything down.

Good Luck, Msboo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts