Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does OLAY COMPLETE ALL DAY MOISTURE LOTION SPF15,SENSITIVE SKIN works out for acne prone sensiive skin

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes it should be good. I really like a lot of Olay's moisturizers. The one's that say Sensitive skin usually are gentle enough for acne prone skin. Most of the their formulas are very good at hydrating the skin without leaving it greasy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mutti.. i'm new member to this community and i read most of the thread and i came to known that i too suffer from rocasea which cannot be cured so i'm scared now ..i thought mine was simply small pimples which can be cured.. what should i do please someone help me..will it be cured with olay product.. i did not used any creams or moisturizer and no make-up's before now i'm planning to use olay moisturizer is that ok..

·
Registered
160 Posts
thanks mutti.. i'm new member to this community and i read most of the thread and i came to known that i too suffer from rocasea which cannot be cured so i'm scared now ..i thought mine was simply small pimples which can be cured.. what should i do please someone help me..will it be cured with olay product.. i did not used any creams or moisturizer and no make-up's before now i'm planning to use olay moisturizer is that ok..
The olay moisturizer will not cure rocacea. You should see a dermatologist. There are different kinds of treatments depending on the severity of your condition.

heres a tip from wikipedia:

It is important to have a gentle skin cleansing regimen using non-irritating cleansers. Protection from the sun is important and daily use of a sunscreen of at least SPF 15 containing a physical blocker such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide is advised although chemical sunscreens, if non-irritating to the skin, are also an option

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would recommend using a snail gel formulation moisturiser - it is ideal for sensitive skin and because of its natural glycolic acid content, should greatly improve acne scarring with regular use.I know the thought of snail gel on the face sounds awful but it is purified and definately worth a try.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
does OLAY COMPLETE ALL DAY MOISTURE LOTION SPF15,SENSITIVE SKIN works out for acne prone sensiive skin
Rosacea can take different forms and from different sites I've noticed different recommended products. If your skin is very sensitive try Aloette -- it's based on aloe vera and they have a cream specifically for rosasea called "Calming cream".

Or, google, organic/natural moisturizers + rosacea -- and you may get some ideas. I ordered a trial kit made by Rosaderm from the Derm Store -- I thought that is the best way to go since you never know how your skin is going to react. Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by StayingYoung

Your skin may be bothered from the chemicals and fragrances (which are also filled of chemicals) that are in products like OLAY COMPLETE ALL DAY MOISTURE LOTION SPF15,SENSITIVE SKIN. I recommend switching to all natural products that are only scented with essential oils. Essential oils have many healing properties in them and are a direct extract from the pant.

I completely agree. Essential Oils have many properties that will do more for your skin than any other "fragrance." Not to mention that skin is made up of live skin cells, and all those chemicals and fragrances can't be beneficial, right?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I completely agree. Essential Oils have many properties that will do more for your skin than any other "fragrance." Not to mention that skin is made up of live skin cells, and all those chemicals and fragrances can't be beneficial, right?
Uh, I know you mean after mixing them with carrier oils, right? Some essential oils can be too irritating for use directly on the skin without diluting first. Bergamot can cause sun sensitivity and darkening.

Essential Oil Hazards, Warnings, and Guidelines

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
Rosacea can take different forms and from different sites I've noticed different recommended products. If your skin is very sensitive try Aloette -- it's based on aloe vera and they have a cream specifically for rosasea called "Calming cream".

Or, google, organic/natural moisturizers + rosacea -- and you may get some ideas. I ordered a trial kit made by Rosaderm from the Derm Store -- I thought that is the best way to go since you never know how your skin is going to react. Good luck.
Mari-do you have Rosacea? And do you, or have you, used the calming cream by Aloette? I am asking as my father has assigned me to find a product for him and he battles with Rosacea big time!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Mari-do you have Rosacea? And do you, or have you, used the calming cream by Aloette? I am asking as my father has assigned me to find a product for him and he battles with Rosacea big time!
I have a condition that doctors, including a Derm cannot diagnose. I have red spots on my forehead but I've found a few on my face so it's spreading slowly. I've looked up many sites for rosacea and the condition does look like some of the illlustrations. (I have been given pills and topical ointment by the drs. without success.)

So I'm on my own quest for a solution. I have tried the calming cream by Aloette and it does take the colour down to a pale pink. I have used a cream called rosaderm with the same results. However I want to get rid of the condition not just mask it.

Unfortunately after looking at several sites including MedHelp, Rosacea Society & Mayo Clinic -- plus others -- some say treat the skin gently other say agressive. I've order a trial pack from the Derm Store and will give that a try. I'll let you know once I get the product how it works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts