Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you make your own moisturizer with SPF?

I know that mixing in your sunscreen and moisturizer together will cut the SPF number in half (e.g. moisturizer with no SPF + sunscreen with SPF 30 = SPF 15).

Do you just put zinc oxide in it? What do I put in the moisturizer?

My motive is to create a DIY tinted moisturizer with SPF and zinc oxide percentage of at least 20%.
I don't see those in the market or Internet these days so far, so it's better if I just make one myself.

If I can't combine my local products, what do you suggest I do to make a tinted moisturizer with at least SPF 30 and at least 20% zinc oxide?

It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
i guess if you combine the wrong chemicals your skin could have a bad reaction? Just a thought lol

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
i guess if you combine the wrong chemicals your skin could have a bad reaction? Just a thought lol
No wrong chemicals here.......this is just using a basic moisturing cream mixed with some great coated zinc Lfree. No worries with this at all.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From that recipe you linked me to, what are the grape seed oil and polybornate for?

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
grape seed is an oil, that is great for the skin........the poly 80 will blend the oil with the lotion so there is no seperating.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts