Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a doc remove a few moles at great expense in the past. I have a few more (all benign) that I was thinking of removing myself. I see a lot of products out there but prefer to get a recommendation. Anyone tried any that work well?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't muck with moles!!!! Unless you are 100% sure that they are benign, and you have the necessary qualifications to make this assertion, get professional advice and care. You might have to pay a few dollars, but the stay in hospital and follow up treatments if your wrong will cost you heaps more. And may cost you more than money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Smokey,
Thanks for your post - I do know for sure they are benign as I had them evaluated. I can't afford the removal of them by my doc as they are only cosmetic. They are small, been there forever and totally benign.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My mom had several moles she wanted the doctor to remove. I guess insurances are getting tight because they wouldn't remove them and told her they didn't need to be removed because they wern't cancer. She went online and bought some stuff that sounds like it could be the itworkspaste but I am not sure. I'll ask her. Anyway, she said it took them all off and it will be a year soon that she did it. No problems and she is very pleased.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Grizziegirl. That was one of the ones that a few other forums mentioned that worked well. I want to be really sure before I buy since you never know what you are getting out there. The pics look really promising on this one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Grizziegirl. That was one of the ones that a few other forums mentioned that worked well. I want to be really sure before I buy since you never know what you are getting out there. The pics look really promising on this one.
We had to apply it twice to one that was really big and prep it better than the others, but other than that, it worked fantastic!

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do you mean, Prep it??
I guess the paste can't get through unless you rough it up. It sounded scary to me at first, but then it made sense that it will work better if it can get to all of it and it kills it within 20 minutes anyway, so it didn't really matter after I tried it and saw what it did.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I haven't tried removing a mole myself and wouldn't want to. You should definitely get it removed professionally. If you do it yourself, you put yourself at risk of getting an infection or a scar for life. It costs more to go to a doctor, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't tried removing a mole myself and wouldn't want to. You should definitely get it removed professionally. If you do it yourself, you put yourself at risk of getting an infection or a scar for life. It costs more to go to a doctor, but it's worth it.
My friends son had her doctor remove his and he had a huge scar on his face. Then he got one on his back and has no scar from the itworkspaste, so everyone needs to do whatever they feel they need to I guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your experiences really sounds nice but I think . . . .I'll see it for myself . .. after all everyone are entitled to their preferred course of action.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts