Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always watching home shopping and just ordered Dr. Denese's line for cleansing, and cream for wrinkles and such. I find that I am getting more skin problems since using this. I wish I could find something for my pores, which all of the items I've tried and not just her line, seem to make them larger.
Is there any suggestions on what is good over the counter, sending things back to home shopping is getting too cosly for me.
I tried makeup also, and haven't had luck with that. If they cover, they get into the lines, or the color is off, or they are just too greasy.
I'm 64 and guess I should just accept this "getting old" but its not easy. So any help from anyone would be appreciated. I am "so desperate!"

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Welcome. I was watching HSN one day and Dr. Denese was selling her sunscreen. I about fell out of my chair when I saw it was around $70

And to think it has inferior ingredients compared to much less expensive european sunscreens.
Here's my advice.......stop watching those skin shows on the boob tube.

Check this out for what products have proven science behind them.
Topical Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
Be sure to study the whole site. It is a trusted source.

As far as saving money and using proven products I suggest:

A high spf/ppd photo-stable sunscreen. Best ones are from europe. Look for ingredients mexoryl or tinosorb.
Retin-a (tretinoin).....it can be ordered online with no rx for cheap.
A vitamin C serum......there are threads here explaining how to make your own for pennies a day.
Consider facial exercises.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I can relate though--for years I have fallen victim to every new anti-aging product and literally was using about 10 lotions a day together as a result. In reality I am returning to basic skin care now because all these things are NOT proven. Retin-a, vitamin c, sunblock and good nutrition/healthy lifestyle are the best antidotes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the updates, and replies. I'm sending back the Dr. Denese's products. I bought some Cetaphil cleansing soap, and my face feels so much better. I still have some Wei East face cream, and hers is pretty good. I'll check into all that has been sent to me and read up on it.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Thanks for the updates, and replies. I'm sending back the Dr. Denese's products. I bought some Cetaphil cleansing soap, and my face feels so much better. I still have some Wei East face cream, and hers is pretty good. I'll check into all that has been sent to me and read up on it.
You can't go wrong with Cetaphil cleanser-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts