Skin Care Talk banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
hi darling so nice to hear from you.
Hi darling, long time no speak! Have you ever thought about ordering Monobenzone powder and making you own cream just like you do with Mequinol? For me, it will certainly be cheaper to make it than to buy it from the pharmacy every month but people online don't seem to make their own Monobenzone creams so maybe it's because they can't? Maybe special equipment are required? Any idea?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Happy New Year Everyone ...!!!!!!!

Thank's for starting this great and very informative thread @tan2white .. I am definitely a follower ... All the very best hun. :best_wishes:

Thanks also to all the contributors especially @Lunnah , @anisha2939 , @cloud9 , for sharing your experiences, journeys and insights ... :kisskiss:

I personally wud love to depig with mono but gotta locate a willing dermatologist first , which can be quite tricky seeing as I don't have vitiligo .. Meanwhile, I may just have to make do with Mequinol in Leucodinine form ..... ( hopefully I'll find it OTC).

My question is ... If I mix some tubes of Leucodinine 10% with RA and my current lightener, (HQ + KA cream) wud I get some change over time...??

& where do ya'll buy your Mono and MQL for diying please .. @Lunnah

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am not Lunnah and I don't know if Lunnah visit this forum anymore.But I hope she does and reply you.
Regarding DIY monobenzone cream.It is possible to make it at home.I saw a recipe where people where mixing the powder with alcohol (hand sanitizer).It was on another skin forum but I think if you search ,you can find the recipe on this forum also.

·
Registered
159 Posts
@AIME you can search old posts of Lunnah to find the supplier source of MQL powder.Lunnah gave her recipe also to mix this powder into a cream.
Regarding monobenozne,you have to find a sympathetic doctor who can prescribe you mono.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I am not Lunnah and I don't know if Lunnah visit this forum anymore.But I hope she does and reply you.
Regarding DIY monobenzone cream.It is possible to make it at home.I saw a recipe where people where mixing the powder with alcohol (hand sanitizer).It was on another skin forum but I think if you search ,you can find the recipe on this forum also.
Thanks for responding @cloud9 ...

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
@AIME you can search old posts of Lunnah to find the supplier source of MQL powder.Lunnah gave her recipe also to mix this powder into a cream.
Regarding monobenozne,you have to find a sympathetic doctor who can prescribe you mono.
I sure hope I get a willing doctor my dear ... I wudnt mind changing my color totally n permanently but safely too.

Let's hope @Lunnah responds ... Got her meq receipe above no its actually quite simple ... Now to get the meq crystals themselves ...

Tell me cloud9, did you totally depig no what's was ur original color?

Thanks in advance dear.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
My question is ... If I mix some tubes of Leucodinine 10% with RA and my current lightener, (HQ + KA cream) wud I get some change over time...??
I think it's a good idea to mix them as mql works best together with RA. But keep in mind that as Leucodinine 10% is already in cream form you'll dilute it down when you mix it, so try to use two tubes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I sure hope I get a willing doctor my dear ... I wudnt mind changing my color totally n permanently but safely too.

Let's hope @Lunnah responds ... Got her meq receipe above no its actually quite simple ... Now to get the meq crystals themselves ...

Tell me cloud9, did you totally depig no what's was ur original color?

Thanks in advance dear.
I am a caucasian with light skin.I haven't used mequinol but tried monobenzone 20% once.I got some spots from it.If I find a reliable source for mono then i will think about depigmenting. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
@tan2white...Hi hun,how r u doing?
It's been a long time since using monobenzone,how is your progress? Do you see any sign of depigmentation?
No depigmentation yet I'm afraid. Either it works so slowly that it's impossible to notice and one day I'll be like "wow, I'm so fair" or it's just not working on my skin. But I'm also using MQL (my own mix) so it's impossible that different chemicals are not working. I'm considering doing my won Mono mix (doctor will not prescribe over 20%) but as I haven't found a good recipe yet...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys, It' been a long time since I don't visit this forum, I've seen many posts from Tan2white's journey and I just think that Mequinol plus mono will disturb the whole mono process, my advise, stop doing it

Well first of all I have vitiligo and I used mono for a year, I have a lot of experienced on it but I am not really sure if I can help you since you don't have the disease, though if you want I'll try to answer your questions if you have any of course. I'm completely pale for about 4 years now.
I have been on vacation recently and got repigmentation a bit on my back because I spent too much time in the sun with no sunscreen for 4-5 days, I've been always careful but this time I got careless.

Well, depigmentation is not an easy decision to make, I remember my first time It was not easy at all, two things came to my mind, the first one was - how risky would it be to develop skin cancer?
Secondly if I repigment how long it would take to depigment?

Now pay attention to what I'm gonna tell you, as I have vitiligo, skin cancer is very unlikely to develop on me though it's not 100% safe, my immune system avoids this one according to medical research, my uncle also has vitiligo for 40 years and he's fine so far now about repigmentation I know it's a little odd but If I injure my skin later it turns white due to my immune system again that unfortunately attacks melanocytes so I'm not really worried about it

In your situation if you repigment it might be a little hard to reverse this condition, for instance in the face it would be a nightmare, right?... anyway if you take care of yourself and avoid sun exposure for a long period of time maybe it won't occur.

Anyway I'll be pleased to answer any questions if I can, good luck!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry for my english, I know it's not very well
Hi wolf 26,welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience about monobenzone.
I have read about skin cancer scare in depigmented skin.But isn't it same for all white skinned people?I mean those who are really white and don't tan but burn.
Because I think if a non vitiligo person depigments using monobenzone,he/she will be same as any very fair skinned person.Just like a white skin person has to avoid prolonged sun exposure and always wear a sunsblock even in winters,non vitiligo depigmented person would exercise the same precautions....right?
I am not using monobenzone but I was just wondering what you said about skin cancer so had to write to you :)

I know that vitiligo is an auto immune disease where person's own immune system attacks the pigment cells.But do you think if a person having any other auto immune disease uses monobenzone,will he/she depigments the same way as a vitiligo patient would?

I am also interested in knowing how many years to took you to depigment.

I am sorry if I asked too many questions.I am very happy to know that you depigmented completely but I am just curious about your depigmentation journey so had to ask you some questions :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
No problem at all I came here to help.

Well, regarding to sun exposure, it's not like a white skin person because those people still have some natural protection nevertheless they still have to wear sunblock so imagine people who have no melanine? Zero?

About the appearance, if your skin turns white of course you'll look like a real white person, maybe as Nordic people appearance if you have strict white features, for instance almost as this girl in the link bellow but a bit more white

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=Noruega+people&rlz=1C1CHVZ_pt-BRBR570BR570&biw=1164&bih=502&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi68uqLif3KAhWDgJAKHdoxCSwQ_AUIBigB#tbs=simg:m00&tbnid=bXuwpzTN_DkUKM:&docid=qomR-rR4-Vx3VM&tbm=isch&imgrc=y-zJaGUBEEF2xM:

I don't want to show pictures of my face for privacy reasons but I can upload photos from any other part of my body if you want me to

With regard to the relation between vitiligo and other auto immune disease I'm not sure if they would depigment the same way as vitiligo sufferers, maybe not as the latter is a particular disease that attacks pigment cells so it should be different.

I took 1 year and 2 months precisely to depigment completely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry I didn't see those pictures, I've had seen Darcel Vlugt before starting my depigmentation jorney and she was my inspiration. Sometimes she looks more white because of the sunblock, she told once she wears SPF 100, I just wear SPF 50 to 60 and I already look like a Vampire, that's why I have been wearing sunscreen with foundation so I think I look better

·
Registered
159 Posts
can the mix with his favorite creme
I don't know whom you are asking this question but as far as I know people usually mix their monobenzone cream with another cream to dilute it.Because 20% is harsh on the skin so they add it to some moisturizing cream and when get used to mono. start with 20%.

·
Registered
687 Posts
No problem at all I came here to help.

Well, regarding to sun exposure, it's not like a white skin person because those people still have some natural protection nevertheless they still have to wear sunblock so imagine people who have no melanine? Zero?

About the appearance, if your skin turns white of course you'll look like a real white person, maybe as Nordic people appearance if you have strict white features, for instance almost as this girl in the link bellow but a bit more white

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=Noruega+people&rlz=1C1CHVZ_pt-BRBR570BR570&biw=1164&bih=502&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi68uqLif3KAhWDgJAKHdoxCSwQ_AUIBigB#tbs=simg:m00&tbnid=bXuwpzTN_DkUKM:&docid=qomR-rR4-Vx3VM&tbm=isch&imgrc=y-zJaGUBEEF2xM:

I don't want to show pictures of my face for privacy reasons but I can upload photos from any other part of my body if you want me to

With regard to the relation between vitiligo and other auto immune disease I'm not sure if they would depigment the same way as vitiligo sufferers, maybe not as the latter is a particular disease that attacks pigment cells so it should be different.

I took 1 year and 2 months precisely to depigment completely.
@wolf26 thanks for your update....actually I started skin lightening 6 months back, currently using carowhite and Kojie san whitening cream with Retin a. I did got around 3-4 shades lighter. Monobenzone is interesting. Please post your pictures, it might motivate me to jump in this bandwagon. Looking forward.

181 - 200 of 216 Posts