Skin Care Talk banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
@wolf26 thanks for your update....actually I started skin lightening 6 months back, currently using carowhite and Kojie san whitening cream with Retin a. I did got around 3-4 shades lighter. Monobenzone is interesting. Please post your pictures, it might motivate me to jump in this bandwagon. Looking forward.
I'm sorry but as far as I know monobenzone works only for people who have vitiligo, I'm telling this because I've known people who don't have vitiligo but they tried using mono with no success and also I've known a few people with it and achieved it, so in my opinion it's a waste of time and money as mono speed up vitiligo only. Mono does not kill melanocities as some people think, they only help the disease to spread up faster If you don't have it you might bleach a few shades because they apparentely block melanine production for some time but if you don't have vitiligo your immune system will hardly attack melanocities therefore melanine comes back with intensity and your skin color might look darker, on the other hand if for some unknown reason your system attack them you'll probably be spotty but unlikely even, look I don't wanna discourage you, I just want to save your time as well as your money.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi guys it's been a while,I have good news I found a derm that has prescribed me monobenzone 40% and monobenzone in lower concentration for my lips, she said to start with the mono for lips first so my system tolerates the Mono 40 better. My derm also told me that authentic mono is brown in color and the highest the concentration the darker the cream. She told me there are phases of depigmentation and that I can still achieve an undertone with monobenzone, I kid you not she said undertone and I got really excited. Here is what she told me monobenzone comes in many strengths 80% being the strongest THIS will depig you paper white/ Michael Jackson white NO undertone
Mono 60 % white with a yellowish undertone think of Asian white and European white with a slight cream undertone
Mono 40% which she the strength prescribed me she said this will give me a olive undertone a light Hispanic/Indian / tan undertone. I will look fair with a slight olive undertone within 1 year of consistent use. She said the results are permanent and uniform. With the mono for my lips she said it takes 1-7 weeks to have permanent depigmented lips, pink shade. I will update you guys on my lip depigmentation in about 7 weeks with pics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi guys it's been a while,I have good news I found a derm that has prescribed me monobenzone 40% and monobenzone in lower concentration for my lips, she said to start with the mono for lips first so my system tolerates the Mono 40 better. My derm also told me that authentic mono is brown in color and the highest the concentration the darker the cream. She told me there are phases of depigmentation and that I can still achieve an undertone with monobenzone, I kid you not she said undertone and I got really excited. Here is what she told me monobenzone comes in many strengths 80% being the strongest THIS will depig you paper white/ Michael Jackson white NO undertone
Mono 60 % white with a yellowish undertone think of Asian white and European white with a slight cream undertone
Mono 40% which she the strength prescribed me she said this will give me a olive undertone a light Hispanic/Indian / tan undertone. I will look fair with a slight olive undertone within 1 year of consistent use. She said the results are permanent and uniform. With the mono for my lips she said it takes 1-7 weeks to have permanent depigmented lips, pink shade. I will update you guys on my lip depigmentation in about 7 weeks with pics.
Godspeed, Lueth. How did you manage to find a derm who would openly prescribe this? And is it extremely expensive?

·
Registered
85 Posts
A friend of mine referred me to her, this derm specifically was experienced with vitiligo cases, my friend and her have know each other for a while(my friend works as an assistant at the derm clinic ) and she convinced her on my behalf and let her know what I wanted and was willing to pay the amount as long the treatment is completed safely and properly. It cost me $ 21000 USD for a full depigmentation procedure. My derm is very helpful she has so much knowledge on permanent depigmentation it's amazing, however she let me know of the risk associated with having depigmented skin. Right now I'm depigmenting my lips, she told me to start on a lower concentration of monobenzone for my lips so my system tolerates it first then commence with the full depigmentation process. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
A friend of mine referred me to her, this derm specifically was experienced with vitiligo cases, my friend and her have know each other for a while(my friend works as an assistant at the derm clinic ) and she convinced her on my behalf and let her know what I wanted and was willing to pay the amount as long the treatment is completed safely and properly. It cost me $ 21000 USD for a full depigmentation procedure. My derm is very helpful she has so much knowledge on permanent depigmentation it's amazing, however she let me know of the risk associated with having depigmented skin. Right now I'm depigmenting my lips, she told me to start on a lower concentration of monobenzone for my lips so my system tolerates it first then commence with the full depigmentation process. Hope this helps.
This is great, thank you for the update. Are you located in Australia or the USA?

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is great, thank you for the update. Are you located in Australia or the USA?
I'm Afro Australian and located in Australia. My depigmentation procedure will take place in a dermatologist clinic here in Australia. However the actually topical monobenzone treatment will be compounded in England and sent to My deems clinic, my derm said it's preferred that the total procedure and treatment plan be paid in USD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Lunnah!

Rash, hmmm, I'm red and very itchy sometimes but nothing too serious (I don't have red pimples, it's just red patches). At first I couldn't apply it to my face as it burned like hell but since last week I've started applying it to my face too and it doesn't burn as much anymore.

Good that you mention the dark spots, I'm actually getting quite a few of these on my arms and chest area. They look like small black moles, not very attractive so I hope they go.

I'm getting some peeling but that's mainly where I also apply Retin A. For example, on my thighs and back as they are the darkest part of my body. When the skin peels the layer underneath is a slightly lighter colour.

Over the years I've read quite a few posts where people using mono get attacked for doing so. In my opinion, you're your own person and can become anything you want to so long as you're not hurting anybody else.
How long does the redness/darkening last? I don't have it on all areas I apply my 20% mono to - just some. (I have vitiligo-Dr prescribed).

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get access to monobenzone I thought they don’t sell it anymore. Can you get it in a different country

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Lunnah!

Rash, hmmm, I'm red and very itchy sometimes but nothing too serious (I don't have red pimples, it's just red patches). At first I couldn't apply it to my face as it burned like hell but since last week I've started applying it to my face too and it doesn't burn as much anymore.

Good that you mention the dark spots, I'm actually getting quite a few of these on my arms and chest area. They look like small black moles, not very attractive so I hope they go.

I'm getting some peeling but that's mainly where I also apply Retin A. For example, on my thighs and back as they are the darkest part of my body. When the skin peels the layer underneath is a slightly lighter colour.

Over the years I've read quite a few posts where people using mono get attacked for doing so. In my opinion, you're your own person and can become anything you want to so long as you're not hurting anybody else.
How long does the redness/darkening last? I don't have it on all areas I apply my 20% mono to - just some. (I have vitiligo-Dr prescribed).
How did you get access to monobenzone I thought they don’t sell it anymore. Can you get it in a different country. Can you get it in Japan, Britain, or anywhere else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey

I have a question about the Monobenzone 20%I just found out about this Monobenzone and I really would appreciate it if you answered my questions because I am considering using it.
Did your skin get bleached?
how was the journey ?
which product did you use?
how long did it take to get to the results?
what are the side effects for the short and long run?

Thank you so much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys

I started using Monobenzone 20% cream one month ago and I'd really appreciate some advice from people on here that have experience with it.

I'd also like to mention that I have done my research well and have been thinking about using this for the past 7 years. I know that it can be a bumpy road until I achieve depigmentation but I've made my peace with that. I'm tan colour (Italian) and my goal is to look pale white.

I have the actual cream prescribed by a dermatologist and have it made at a pharmacy in England so I know that I am using the real thing. I apply it 2-3 times a day.

I'm on Day 29 now and so far I haven't seen any lightening. In fact, my partner says that I look like I've had a tan. I've read somewhere that Monobenzone initially causes overproduction of melanin as your immune system is trying to fight the drug. Has anyone else initially darkened?

I know it must be working because I had some stubborn hyper-pigmented spots on my back (from teenage acne) for the past 15 or so years and nothing could get rid of them but they now seem to have faded quite a bit and some actually disappeared altogether...

The doctor said it could take 1 to four months to achieve depigmentation but by the looks of it will take a lot longer... I am thinking of incorporating Retin A into my regime hopefully it will speed things up.
I'm one month behind you on this journey.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually I am not a month behind OP in my journey at all as her last post was in 2016. So I will never know if the treatment worked for a non vitiligo person. I shall post my experience periodically in my own thread.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts