Skin Care Talk banner

161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thank you so much love for your help. I will definitely let you know about any authentic sources of mono
by thw way do does he still have his pictures up ?. Is there a link that i could obtain to view his results ?. I am so thankful for your help love have a blessed day hun
Hey hun,you can see his pic here https://www.linkedin.com/pub/sharmarke-muuse-cowke/55/521/513
It looks like he still has a little bit of pigment on his ear...just look closer. :)

Some of his old pics....http://klm710104218.en.ec21.com/Benoquin--3681698_7642703.html

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey hun,you can see his pic here  https://www.linkedin.com/pub/sharmarke-muuse-cowke/55/521/513 It looks like he still has a little bit of pigment on his ear...just look closer. :) Some of his old pics....http://klm710104218.en.ec21.com/Benoquin--3681698_7642703.html
All i can say is wow. I mean he went from dark skin to light/ near white. I am really excited to try this cream now based on his results, i hope it works for me. Thank you so much love for the pics i appreciate it :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
All i can say is wow. I mean he went from dark skin to light/ near white. I am really excited to try this cream now based on his results, i hope it works for me. Thank you so much love for the pics i appreciate it
you're welcome dear.
He did get very light.When I last talked to him told me that people think that he is a Caucasian or a mixed race.
But I wonder why he got red patches around his eyes?
If you could get in touch with him,pls try asking this.Just to be sure that it was not any kind of side effect from the cream that can cause permanent damage to the skin.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Just a quick update, almost 6 months have past since I started my lightening/whitening process and so far I haven't noticed a huge (if any) difference. If I am lightening it is so gradual that I can't even notice it. Every few weeks or so I have to pause for a little while as I react to the medication with extremely dry, psoriasis-like, skin. If I didn't want this so much I would have stopped by now but alas I'll continue and hope to see some results in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Just a quick update, almost 6 months have past since I started my lightening/whitening process and so far I haven't noticed a huge (if any) difference. If I am lightening it is so gradual that I can't even notice it. Every few weeks or so I have to pause for a little while as I react to the medication with extremely dry, psoriasis-like, skin. If I didn't want this so much I would have stopped by now but alas I'll continue and hope to see some results in the next few months.
hi darling so nice to hear from you.
I am sorry about the reactio that you got... after the skin gets used. Most of people using mono get this reaction, stopping for some days i think is a good idea. You will be fine.
Don't give up! mono treatment is very hard but just remember you will be light forever...
I just don't join you because I can't have a docotor to work with me...
think that: next summer you will be done or close to be...

xoxo
hey: apply some almond oil on your skin, or coconut oil...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi, I'm thinking of using mono but 3% and mixing it with caro light what do you guys think?
Hi there,
I read about a research on monobenzone less than 20% and it was noticed that only 20% depigmented and 10% showed no results.The research was done on vitiligo patients.I read another place that 10% caused depigmentation but took more time than 20%.No one knows how 3% will work .......maybe it will give less noticeable light patches as compared to 20% or maybe it will depigment skin slowly,who knows.

By the way,I'm curious where you are going to get your 3% mono from?
Is it from ebay?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
hi darling so nice to hear from you.
I am sorry about the reactio that you got... after the skin gets used. Most of people using mono get this reaction, stopping for some days i think is a good idea. You will be fine.
Don't give up! mono treatment is very hard but just remember you will be light forever...
I just don't join you because I can't have a docotor to work with me...
think that: next summer you will be done or close to be...

xoxo
hey: apply some almond oil on your skin, or coconut oil...
Thanks darling for the kind words. I often think your route might even be better, you get the same result as me and if later you change your mind you can always tan a bit unlike in my case where the result is final.

Unfortunately moisturiser doesn't help after I get this side effect from the cream. Not sure if you ever experienced this, but it's like being stabbed with tiny needles in random places all over your body, and you just have to scratch otherwise it's unbearable.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks darling for the kind words. I often think your route might even be better, you get the same result as me and if later you change your mind you can always tan a bit unlike in my case where the result is final.

Unfortunately moisturiser doesn't help after I get this side effect from the cream. Not sure if you ever experienced this, but it's like being stabbed with tiny needles in random places all over your body, and you just have to scratch otherwise it's unbearable.
Hey hun,nice to see your post after such a long time.And sorry to hear about the itching.But itching goes away after sometime i.e when your skin get used to monobenzone.But seems like your body doesn't like mono....hehe
If monobenzone is taking this long for you then mequinol had taken even much longer.
Are you still using mequinol with your mono?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Hey hun,nice to see your post after such a long time.And sorry to hear about the itching.But itching goes away after sometime i.e when your skin get used to monobenzone.But seems like your body doesn't like mono....hehe
If monobenzone is taking this long for you then mequinol had taken even much longer.
Are you still using mequinol with your mono?
Hi hun, yep, I am still using both. My Mequinol mix which I make includes 20% Mequinol, 4% Kojic Acid and 0.1% Retin A. The mono is still 20%. I don't really use the Kojie San soap anymore as the Retin A cream (and maybe the alcohol in the mix) makes my skin flake and hence exfoliate.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi hun, yep, I am still using both. My Mequinol mix which I make includes 20% Mequinol, 4% Kojic Acid and 0.1% Retin A. The mono is still 20%. I don't really use the Kojie San soap anymore as the Retin A cream (and maybe the alcohol in the mix) makes my skin flake and hence exfoliate.
you are working so hard hun.You are definitely going to get great results! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys I just started using Mequinol 10% mixed with cocoa butter it is very runny. Am only applying to my knuckles and toes. My questions are; is it going to lighten this dark area? Are the areas going to get darker? How long b4 I see results. I really would appreciate answers. Thanks

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hi guys

I started using Monobenzone 20% cream one month ago and I'd really appreciate some advice from people on here that have experience with it.

*I'd also like to mention that I have done my research well and have been thinking about using this for the past 7 years. I know that it can be a bumpy road until I achieve depigmentation but I've made my peace with that. I'm tan colour (Italian) and my goal is to look pale white.*

I have the actual cream prescribed by a dermatologist and have it made at a pharmacy in England so I know that I am using the real thing. I apply it 2-3 times a day.

I'm on Day 29 now and so far I haven't seen any lightening. In fact, my partner says that I look like I've had a tan. I've read somewhere that Monobenzone initially causes overproduction of melanin as your immune system is trying to fight the drug. Has anyone else initially darkened?

I know it must be working because I had some stubborn hyper-pigmented spots on my back (from teenage acne) for the past 15 or so years and nothing could get rid of them but they now seem to have faded quite a bit and some actually disappeared altogether...

The doctor said it could take 1 to four months to achieve depigmentation but by the looks of it will take a lot longer... I am thinking of incorporating Retin A into my regime hopefully it will speed things up.
Hey tan 2 white may i please know the doctor that proscribed you monobenzone love ? I to want to diepig

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Hi everyone :yay:

Just an update to say that I'm still using 20% Monobenzone (doctor prescribed) and my 20% Mequinol - 3%KA - Retin A mix.

It's soooooooooo slow, to the point where on most days I am wondering if it really is working. But I think my arms are slightly lighter than when I started (but still same Fitz level) and my tummy now has tiny white speckless here and there. For me in late January it will be a year since I started using the products. Sadly I'm nowhere near depigmented. But it took Michael Jackson around 4 years to fully depigment, going from Type 6 to Type 4 to Type 1?

I stopped applying three times a day and have for the past month or so been applying only at night because of the stabbing pain I experience after the cream is applied. The pain from Monobenzone (hot) is worse than the pain from Mequinol (cold, maybe it's the alcohol in the mix). My body yearns the cream and if I fail to apply it my skin becomes incredibly itchy. Usually antihistamines help if my skin is very sensitive (and itchy) to the point where I can't sleep from the desire to scratch. Because the skin is sensitive the scratching results in scabbing where I scratch deeply, but these go away without leaving behind a scar. I will soon man up and go back to 2-3 times daily application because that should speed things up.

What is interesting is that my arms where I have been applying the cream the longest now seem to have a different undertone (pinkish) whereas my legs have a more olive/tan undertone (original undertone). So perhaps the creams are doing something but the whole process is so slow that it's difficult for the eye (and camera) to capture these subtle changes.

But these are the best (and only) products available for depigmentation so I can't really tell myself "hey, stop, these aren't working, try something else." They have to work because they've been scientifically proven to work...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
What is interesting is how areas where I had acne as a teenager (which resulted in keloid-like scars) have lost their colour completely. For example, this scar near my shoulder has turned white/pinkish whereas the surrounding skin is normal. But there is a difference in skin texture too as the scar has always been more keloid-like (rubbery) than the rest of the skin. I don't understand why these scars have depigmented first.

Skin.jpg

·
Banned
836 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by sss999
I have used Monobenzone 20% in past and I got nasty rash from it after about 1 month.I didn't get any skin lightening but I kept using it everyday and suddenly after a month,I got huge red rashes only on the places where I applied mono cream.Those rashes were so bad that I had to go to the doctor.I didn't tell the dermatologist what I used.I was diagnosed with Urticaria(hives) and I was prescribed cortisone injection and some anti allergy drugs.
I only took allergy drugs and didn't go for the injection.Anyway,I did recover from those painful and itchy rashes but the rashes left behind dark skin and white spots.I still have those white spots and it's been 3 years when I used Mono cream.
I don't have dark patches anymore but I do have the spots.
I am a caucasian also with olive skin and want to depigment my skin but I don't think mono is suitable for me.
I remember a pharmacist once told me that Hydroquinone 10% is similar to monobenzone if I want to depigment my skin.

You say that your doctor prescribed you monobenzone.
Do you have vitiligo?

Sorry to hear. I too sometimes get hives after applying the mono for the third time in one day but my doctor said this is normal and I shouldn't stop unless it gets painful. So far it's just a bit itchy and I'm happy to put up with it. My doctor did tell me that some people are allergic to monobenzone and perhaps you're one of those people.

Interesting that you got white spots after one month's use. So far no white spots, only my hyperpigmented spots are fading and the rest of my skin is getting darker which as @Lunnah said this is to be expected as the old pigment is coming to the surface.

I don't know much about hydroquinone so can't comment. I think I read somewhere that anything above 4% is dangerous.

No, I do not have vitiligo. The only logical explanation is that some doctors are more open-minded than others.

Hi hi have you thought about mequinol? It's a much better option, and I think you would be pleased with the results

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Hi hi have you thought about mequinol? It's a much better option, and I think you would be pleased with the results
Yes, I'm using mequinol right now. It's much slower than monobenzone.

·
Registered
985 Posts
What is interesting is how areas where I had acne as a teenager (which resulted in keloid-like scars) have lost their colour completely. For example, this scar near my shoulder has turned white/pinkish whereas the surrounding skin is normal. But there is a difference in skin texture too as the scar has always been more keloid-like (rubbery) than the rest of the skin. I don't understand why these scars have depigmented first.
Wow, that's interesting...

Thanks for the updates :)

161 - 180 of 216 Posts