Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ondine and a bunch of people have used it but they never took the whole journey with it. Its a really painful and costly process to keep apply the cream over and over and risk all the side effects. Better to use HQ/RA instead which is what the people who used it switched to. I actually ordered monobenzone cream - its actually a Monobenzone + Arbutin Cream together and I used it only once, its still sitting around so if you want to try it I can just give it to you. It is 4 ounces and thats a lot for just the face.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Painful?!? I never experiences a whit of pain from the mono I tried. It is costly & I switched back to the HQ in part for this reason. Monobenzone+arbutin? I've never heard of this combination Are you certain your source is legitimate? Typically mono is sold in a 20% concentration w/o any other active ingredient whatsoever added. Misinformation is all over the internet re skin lightening. You will encounter every urban legend, old wive's tale, horror story & exaggerated anecdote known to humanity. Please use Google Scholar & refer to scientific peer reviewed journals for accurate info. People will tell you all sorts of craziness & believe their own talk just because they've heard something repeated often.

·
Registered
96 Posts
painful for the people thatI know who used them first hand and Ive seen the process who did everything right like you are supposed to and no ondine, dont measure your half baked positive results with the rest of the population. You had to use it for almost 3 to 8 months and keep using it to judge it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Question, I have started using the HQ/Ra method that was listed in a previous post....
day 1 morn: Hq + sunblock
day 1 nite: Hq + whatever lotion
day 2 morn: Hq + sunblock
day 2 nite: Ra
My only thing is that my skin which is not really tender feels that way and sort of burns
a little in certain areas, like armpits, chest area( i know the skin is slightly softer there). Is that suppose to happen? On the other hand my legs and arms are fine???? so i am not sure what could be causing this slight irritation....i am using the Likas sopa though.
Any suggestions anyone : )

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
koalaki54, why the rudeness? 3-8 months? I used it for 2 months. At an avg cost of 55$/week, it became too expensive. People who experience the severe irritation from mono frequently use it 'neat' from the container, trying to forcibly rub the dry chalky substance into their dry skin. This is what causes many of the problems (& sometimes concentrations that are dangerous). I was applying it to wet skin, which diluted the strength & ensured an even application.

"and no ondine, dont measure your half baked positive results with the rest of the population" -HUH?

I didn't! I merely said that I didn't experience any pain; I NEVER made reference to anyone else. I noticed that you have a grand total of 13 posts. Perhaps before you insult or disparage any other members here, you should gain more experience. Once you do, I guarantee you will learn that this is a troll free zone & , while we often disagree, we do so respectfully. A loud mouth & arrogance are the hallmarks of ignorance.

·
Registered
394 Posts
painful for the people thatI know who used them first hand and Ive seen the process who did everything right like you are supposed to and no ondine, dont measure your half baked positive results with the rest of the population. You had to use it for almost 3 to 8 months and keep using it to judge it.
The people that you know uhm?
, that seems to me like comparing the result of a bunch of people to the rest of the population unlike Ondine who was just simply sharing her own personal experience which is what this forum is all about.
I used it too and the only reason why i stopped is because of the cost, had no painful experiences at all despite my extremely sensitive skin. Actually I liked it a lot and may just order it again if I don't find anything comparable and cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts