Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard monobenzone can make people permanently lighter in about a year's worth of usage. I'm planning to use this cream but I wanna know the health risks involved. Will I get skin cancer? How fast does it take to get skin cancer after total de-pigmentation?

I heard this is very similar to how MJ turned completely pale

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ,

it depends on the percentage of monobenzone used .
Mj used 30% , the tubes we get are 20% .

I have been using monobenzone and am very satisfied
with the results .

Ofcourse i would not support any medication or incase
anything that would go against our buildup .

Let's say i was lucky to get it .

Use it for a month . Take care it peels off your skin ,
the new skin is sensitive , make sure it becomes rough
and tough [ wait for few days indoors ] , now you are
free to go outside .

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The above advice, with all due respect, is bogus! MJ had a skin disease called Vitiligo. His was particularly severe & disfiguring. One of the creams he was prescribed was Benoquin. it has 20% mono; NOT 30. NO legitimate prescription cream has more than that. It is given as a last resort for the final depigmenting of the remaining dark blotches on epole with greater than 50% depigmentation from vitiligo. It is NOT reccommended for use by those seeking to lighten for cosmetic/esthetic reasons. The ways in which Mono work are poorly understood scientifically. Typically, those using it for cosmetic lightening wind up with white patches, white freckles , sometimes very severe irritation & permanent disfigurement. Although cancer has not been reported as a direct consequence of Mono use, the skin can NEVER be exposed to sunlight again as it has NO melanin whatsoever to protect it. It won't tan, but it will burn severely with relatively little exposure. Mono also acts systemically & can cause lightening in areas where the cream was not applied. Dr's don't understand why oe how this happens. Early last year, I admit that I tried it myself. Fortunately, I became better informed & ceased using it B4 any damage was done. Since that time, I've discouraged anyone who is curious about it from trying it. There are many safe & effective alternatives.

there are other ways to safely lighten the skin

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I heard monobenzone can make people permanently lighter in about a year's worth of usage. I'm planning to use this cream but I wanna know the health risks involved. Will I get skin cancer? How fast does it take to get skin cancer after total de-pigmentation?

I heard this is very similar to how MJ turned completely pale
Yet again, those of you who are seriously considering using Monobenzone to depigment/achieve a pale skin color, I am warning you against it. It is not for cosmetic purposes but for patients with vitiligo skin greater than 60-70% of the body. Monobenzone is not at all formulated, produced, and manufactured anywhere in the world by legit companies such as Benoquin, the ones that are around are expired, inert, adulterated, fake, etc.

Use peels, high concentrations of sepiwhite/HQ, Retin-A, high doses of MSM/Vitamin C internally, sunblock, etc. together to atain a superlight skin color but DO NOT resort to monobenzone (idk how you would anyways seeing as its difficult to find authentic ones or keep up with it/cost wise not to mentions its horrible disfiguring side effects. Dont say we here at SCT didnt warn any of you against using Monobenzone when you come complaining to us later on down the road. Over the past year me, Ondine, and so many other members have put so much work, research, options and methods out here in THIS very archive of threads into how you would lighten or almost depig, I dont see why you guys cant use it to your advantage instead of taking the risky path.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Hi ,

it depends on the percentage of monobenzone used .
Mj used 30% , the tubes we get are 20% .

I have been using monobenzone and am very satisfied
with the results .

Ofcourse i would not support any medication or incase
anything that would go against our buildup .

Let's say i was lucky to get it .

Use it for a month . Take care it peels off your skin ,
the new skin is sensitive , make sure it becomes rough
and tough [ wait for few days indoors ] , now you are
free to go outside .
If its working for you without adverse effects, then fine, I cant counteract that but beware, you are going to have to continue using this for the rest of your life to maintain or until a groundbreaking innovation in skin lightening comes along, but till then, you are going to have to be cautious and also apply skin strengthening moisturizers and a Vitamin C serum during the day. Also, try to get a strong sunblock such as the European ones - La Roche Posay, Garnier Ambre Solaire, Vichy, Bioderma Photoderm Max.

Remember that the moisturizer or skin strengthening cream contains these ingredients:
1. Co Enzyme Q10
2. Green Tea Extract
3. Acai Berry Extract
4. Retinol.
5. Ellagic Acid (pomegranate)
6. Some kind of peptides

Some choices are : Mad Hippie Repair Butter or Xtend-Life Moisturizer.

You can either make your Vitamin C serum or purchase one from here: Cosmetic Skin Solutions

Final Word: Now that you have achieved success with Monobenzone, remember, that your skin isnt as strong as it used to be and its extremely sensitive to heat, light, wind, and pollution, so if you are going to continue with this then I suggest you strengthen your skin with the suggestions above.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts