Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
I have been browsing these forums for quite some time and trying different lightening methods until I decided that I just want to the depigment. I was so tired of reading responses from people who have never used certain products but wanted to comment on them. I used Meq 20% for almost two yrs, with gradual lightening, maybe only lightened one or two shades. I went back to my original color after two outings at the beach (and that was with spf) i'm pretty sure it might work different for everyone it just did not work for me in the way I wanted. I started using arbutin on my face, which only faded my acne marks, and some melasma. I recently decided I just want to depigment. I have been using monobenzone 20% mixed in body oil for two months now. There has been gradual lightening after a few weeks of super darkness. No spots as of yet but I will keep you updated. Please be careful with monobenzone as it doesn't work the same for everyone. I have heard of online sellers selling fake monobenzone. I am not here to tell you where I got mine from as that is at your own risk because it should be prescribed. I am only here to tell you about my results . It is very risky, but if I were to have any issues I am able to have downtime as I am retired and have free healthcare. I will keep you updated on my progress. Keep your personal situation in mind before using anything like it.

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi cloud9. Thank you. I am mixing 20% monobenzone in 8oz oil, so yes it is diluted. I haven't had any plans on working up to more as I am happy with the gradual results I am experiencing at the present moment. If needed, I will work my way up to a higher percent. It seems like the hyper-pigmented areas and melasma is a little stubborn, but hopefully with more effort it will get with the program. So far a few people have complimented my "glowing complexion" even though I haven't really seen much lightening for my face yet.

· Registered
17 Posts
Sorry I still don't know how to work through this forum haha to be honest I don't know the current strength. Right now I just blended one tube of 20% monobenzone into an 8 ounce oil. My skin started getting dark after a few days for the first few weeks of use. I am unsure how many shades it darkened me As I am not too familiar with shades. I just know I got dark. Both of the photos above were taken in the bathroom in natural light as I have a really large window. I gently exfoliate every other day with a pumice stone. One day I woke up and realized my legs were a little bit lighter. And yes I use it on my face. My face burns for a minute or so even when diluted. I have been experiencing some dry skin but nothing that Vaseline can't fix. If you search me on SKin care talk (kittybangbang) you will find a review I did a few years ago about Whitenicious. There you can see what kind of hyper pigmentation and melasma I am battling. There you can also see some of my original skin color. I still do not see any progress with my face.

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. Not here for the monobenzone bashing and negative comments based on things read online. Another thing I've been seeing on SCT a lot. I've done my own monobenzone research. 2 of my friends one with and one without vitiligo have successfully depigmented years ago and are perfectly fine with healthy children. May not be the case for everyone. My journey is followed closely by my dermatologist. Like I said, I have free healthcare, so I experiment as much as I please.

Cloud9, I use neutrogena body oil. I will make a monobenzone review soon with personal experiences, the good, bad and ugly. Pics included! Thanks again!

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks! Will definitely keep you posted. :)
@cloud9, My gf has used Mac remedies and monobenzone from ioffer in the past with no lightening, darkening, or spotting at 4 months. She is no longer trying to depigment as she is in love with her complexion now. She's already light skinned. As I said, I have a couple friends who depigmented (believe it or not, one was on a popular reality show and people think she's lightskinned, but actually depigmented and uses light spray tan) they were actually prescribed monobenzone from a pharmacy which is how I started again recently.

· Registered
17 Posts
@cloud9 hi Hun, I won't be disappearing! I'm always here to see everybody's journey! I will only post my results as I see them. So far nothing has changed since the last pic I posted. Stay tuned and take care!

@ wolf 26 did you depigment at a young age? Any troubles?

· Registered
17 Posts
@cloud9 yes sesame oil, it absorbs nicely into my skin, skin feels hydrated all day. I usually have very dry skin, I live in dry heat. 20gram tube. I may increase to two tubes per bottle soon if I don't see any new changes in a month. Doing everything slowly.

· Registered
17 Posts
Like I said, not here for discouragement. Just simply here to tell you about my journey. I know the risks, I have a dermatologist. I am starting my own thread (review) on this journey soon with photos. Follow or don't. :)
@ wolf 26 you are extremely knowledgeable on the subject, I'm impressed. Not too many people out here do their research or consult in a physician/derm.

Everybody take care! xoxo

· Registered
17 Posts
@kittybangbang...Hey there,how are you doing?
Have you increased you mono percentage or still using the same?Any update pls?
Thanks xx
@cloud9 hi, thanks for asking! there is no drastic changes lately other than what I have posted so far. I have not increased nor decreased applications. However, I do have one stark white spot on my inner arm, the size of a maybe grain of salt. My derm says my body may still be trying to fight it off by rapidly producing more melanin Tho I have not darkened, and still lighter (the previous pics I posted) no change from there. I will keep you updated.

· Registered
17 Posts
Why are you saying it's useless?
Have you tried Monobenzone before?
Kittybangbang is using it and she got light evenly.
Piona is just another hydroquinone cream.I don't think Hq works for everyone.I even used Rx Hq 6% with exfoliantes but it didn't work for me.
@cloud9 hi! Saw an update via email and logged in. True, I am using monobenzone. Keep in mind, everything works differently for everyone. I have tried HQ in the past, only lightened a shade or two but experienced exogenous ochronosis years ago on my feet after several months use. My feet turned grey and they gradually healed over several months time. I have been on a lightening journey for a very long time, so keep in mind I have tried ALOT of stuff haha As of today, there are no changes from my monobenzone use from my last post. Still a little lighter, no darkening. Unsure when it will start to really depigment my skin. I was in the sun with sunscreen for a few hours last week. Still no changes. Will keep you updated. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts