Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
View attachment 13185 My original color is inbetween these photos, the first one is how much I darkened from monobenzone, the second was taken yesterday. My knuckles have not caught up yet as they were overly hyper pigmented
Wow! that's a good improvement.And your skin does look glowing.
Since you are diluting 20% mono.I am just wondering what your current mono strength would be?
Can you also mind telling me when your skin got darker after you started using your mono? and how many shades it darkened you?
and also how long was the darkening period? You say that you are gradually lightening with mono so do you apply it all over your body including your face?

· Registered
17 Posts
Sorry I still don't know how to work through this forum haha to be honest I don't know the current strength. Right now I just blended one tube of 20% monobenzone into an 8 ounce oil. My skin started getting dark after a few days for the first few weeks of use. I am unsure how many shades it darkened me As I am not too familiar with shades. I just know I got dark. Both of the photos above were taken in the bathroom in natural light as I have a really large window. I gently exfoliate every other day with a pumice stone. One day I woke up and realized my legs were a little bit lighter. And yes I use it on my face. My face burns for a minute or so even when diluted. I have been experiencing some dry skin but nothing that Vaseline can't fix. If you search me on SKin care talk (kittybangbang) you will find a review I did a few years ago about Whitenicious. There you can see what kind of hyper pigmentation and melasma I am battling. There you can also see some of my original skin color. I still do not see any progress with my face.

· Registered
158 Posts
Sorry I still don't know how to work through this forum haha to be honest I don't know the current strength. Right now I just blended one tube of 20% monobenzone into an 8 ounce oil. My skin started getting dark after a few days for the first few weeks of use. I am unsure how many shades it darkened me As I am not too familiar with shades. I just know I got dark. Both of the photos above were taken in the bathroom in natural light as I have a really large window. I gently exfoliate every other day with a pumice stone. One day I woke up and realized my legs were a little bit lighter. And yes I use it on my face. My face burns for a minute or so even when diluted. I have been experiencing some dry skin but nothing that Vaseline can't fix. If you search me on SKin care talk (kittybangbang) you will find a review I did a few years ago about Whitenicious. There you can see what kind of hyper pigmentation and melasma I am battling. There you can also see some of my original skin color. I still do not see any progress with my face.
Hey hun,thanks for replying again but I couldn't find your reviews on whitenicious.Anyway,thats not important for me ...lol
You said that you dilute 1 tube of mono to 8 oz oil.Usually creams in tube are 20gms so if you are diluting 1tube=20 gms into 8oz oil( 226gm) it means that you are using a very low strength of mono.And maybe that's why you didn't see any patches or spots.
I wish you a safe and successful journey with your mono.Pls keep us posted about your results.
I have been planning to use mono since a long time.I was thinking about starting with 5% then stick with 10%.
To get 10% mono.I have to mix with double the amount of cream...example,1 tube 20gm mixed with 40gm lotion or cream.For 5%,I will dilute it further and add 80gms of lotion or cream.
If you don't mind may I ask which oil are you using?
Is it olive oil? I am just curious which oil you are using.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
I was so tired of reading responses from people who have never used certain products but wanted to comment on them.
Do you need to drink cyanide to know that it's bad for you?

The choice to depigment or not is an individual concern. It is your body and you can do whatever you want with it. That won't stop people from attempting to steer you away from something you may or may not regret.

Good luck to you on your journey, and please get full body skin examinations annually. I will leave you with this article.

Albino sufferers get skin cancers VERY frequently, and can even die of this complication. But Dr. Nordlund noticed a distinct contrast between patients with each disease, as vitiligo patients exposed to extreme sun in Africa rarely developed cancer, while albino patients in the same sun often developed multiple cancers on their skin.
You will become an albino patient by the end of your mono experiment, so it is imperative that you watch your skin extremely carefully.

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. Not here for the monobenzone bashing and negative comments based on things read online. Another thing I've been seeing on SCT a lot. I've done my own monobenzone research. 2 of my friends one with and one without vitiligo have successfully depigmented years ago and are perfectly fine with healthy children. May not be the case for everyone. My journey is followed closely by my dermatologist. Like I said, I have free healthcare, so I experiment as much as I please.

Cloud9, I use neutrogena body oil. I will make a monobenzone review soon with personal experiences, the good, bad and ugly. Pics included! Thanks again!

· Registered
158 Posts
Thanks. Not here for the monobenzone bashing and negative comments based on things read online. Another thing I've been seeing on SCT a lot. I've done my own monobenzone research. 2 of my friends one with and one without vitiligo have successfully depigmented years ago and are perfectly fine with healthy children. May not be the case for everyone. My journey is followed closely by my dermatologist. Like I said, I have free healthcare, so I experiment as much as I please.

Cloud9, I use neutrogena body oil. I will make a monobenzone review soon with personal experiences, the good, bad and ugly. Pics included! Thanks again!
Hey there,
Thanks dear for replying to me.
I ahve also seen ppl who used mono and didn't get any side effects from it.They didn't have vitiligo_On the other hand,I also came across ppl who had vitiligo and mono gave them real bad side effects.
So I think there should be a way to use mono safely and get good results with it.
I used 20% mac remedies benoquin straight on a small area just to see how mono works. It gave me really bad rashes after 2 weeks and then darkened my skin but when the rashes went away,I saw white spots.Maybe I should have diluted it in another cream or lotion because it was too strong for me and also mac remdies benoquin is an ointmnet so it's very difficult to spread evenly on skin.
I am seriously looking for another brand of mono and thinking about mixing it in another cream or lotion.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
@kittybangbang You're welcome. We're just trying to look out for one another.

Our comments stem from scientific exploration, not merely speculation or regurgitation of individual opinion. Nobody is bashing the use of this drug without warrant. However, you've done your research and assessed the risks. Keep us posted. :)

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks! Will definitely keep you posted. :)
@cloud9, My gf has used Mac remedies and monobenzone from ioffer in the past with no lightening, darkening, or spotting at 4 months. She is no longer trying to depigment as she is in love with her complexion now. She's already light skinned. As I said, I have a couple friends who depigmented (believe it or not, one was on a popular reality show and people think she's lightskinned, but actually depigmented and uses light spray tan) they were actually prescribed monobenzone from a pharmacy which is how I started again recently.

· Registered
158 Posts
Thanks! Will definitely keep you posted. :)
@cloud9, My gf has used Mac remedies and monobenzone from ioffer in the past with no lightening, darkening, or spotting at 4 months. She is no longer trying to depigment as she is in love with her complexion now. She's already light skinned. As I said, I have a couple friends who depigmented (believe it or not, one was on a popular reality show and people think she's lightskinned, but actually depigmented and uses light spray tan) they were actually prescribed monobenzone from a pharmacy which is how I started again recently.
I believe you dear.I also came across many people who didn't have vitiligo but depigmented with monobenzone successfully.But they never tell how exactly they used mono and where they bought it from.
Mac Remedies Benoquin is an ointment which is too thick and can't be applied evenly on teh skin.Maybe that's why I got white spots because the cream wasn't applied uniformly.I am trying to find a good monobenzone based cream that I can mix with other cream or lotion.I will dilute it down to 5% and see how it works.But I don't know where to find the cream from.
If you don't mind,may I ask how long the darkness phase lasted for you?You said that your skin started getting dark after few days of using mono.so just curious how long your skin stayed dark before it started lightening.and how much lighter your skin is now as compared to your original skin color?
If you are using your mono mix daily,are you seeing gradual lightening day by day?...I hope you got my point.
sorry for so many questions dear but I am interested in starting mono and need some more info so that I can make a plan for myself... :)

· Registered
17 Posts
@cloud9 hi Hun, I won't be disappearing! I'm always here to see everybody's journey! I will only post my results as I see them. So far nothing has changed since the last pic I posted. Stay tuned and take care!

@ wolf 26 did you depigment at a young age? Any troubles?

· Registered
158 Posts
@kittybangbang I am going to start using mono soon.But I am thinking about mixing it in a lotion...like nivea because it spreads very easily and also sinks in skin well.Or maybe some other lotion that is easy to spread.
I am just wondering why are you using neutrogena oil? Does it sink in completely in your skin?
If I am not wrong then neutrogena oil is basically a Sesame seed oil...right?
Can you also pls tell me how big is your 20%mono tube? is it 20grams?

· Registered
18 Posts
@cloud9 hi Hun, I won't be disappearing! I'm always here to see everybody's journey! I will only post my results as I see them. So far nothing has changed since the last pic I posted. Stay tuned and take care!

@ wolf 26 did you depigment at a young age? Any troubles?

yes, I started depigmentating when I was 27, now I'm 30.

I haven't had any problem with that treatment so far, I feel good now because I don't need to be worried about vitiligo anymore plus makeup. I had too many white patches all over the body, specially in the face which caused me feel very depressed.

What amazes me are these irresponsable websites selling this medicine without prescription to the public making promise that you will get a perfect skin. I have seen people on the internet which depigmented althought I heard they had some vitiligo, I have never seen non vitiligo sufferers depig. I'm still waiting to get to know that person, maybe it's you.

Also I have read about people who are over age 50 may develop vitiligo, which means that if someone depigment under this condition it may work better.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Interestingly, vitiligo sufferers who depig rarely develop skin cancer, despite having no protection against damaging radiation. The reason for this is probably because the immune system is hypersensitive in that region of the skin. However, non-vitiligo / normal individuals who depig very often end up with multiple debilitating skin cancers.

· Registered
18 Posts
Interestingly, vitiligo sufferers who depig rarely develop skin cancer, despite having no protection against damaging radiation. The reason for this is probably because the immune system is hypersensitive in that region of the skin. However, non-vitiligo / normal individuals who depig very often end up with multiple debilitating skin cancers.

Yes, patients with vitiligo don't have a higher risk to develop skin cancer, which sounds wierd, as you told maybe it's due to immune system which works differently with regard to non-vitiligo sufferers. My uncle has vitiligo for a long time and he normally does not wear sunscreen, he's 70 years old now and no cancer so far, on the other hand the development also depends on the genetic background x sunburns over time.

I honestly thought that people who had vitiligo wouldn't be at any risk of skin cancer once there is no more melanocytes present in the skin, however there is a question that intrigues me, even I am completely depigmented I still have reservoir melanocytes, which they can be activated by sun exposure, plus I do know that UVA is able to penetrate deeper into the skin and reach the dermis and find those melanocytes while UVB is absorbed directly by DNA, which means I'm not that safe, in other words, I can't be too careful.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts