Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Yes it was and Rihanna skin is depigmented and uniform it looks good and it looks even better when she applies self tanners and tanning oils. I am currently using monobenzone for my lips in lower concentration I will update you on the results in about 8 weeks
What is your starting colour?
NC 50 medium dark brown, similar to Gabrielle Union.

· Registered
81 Posts
Hi guys especially though interested in depigmentation please seek advice from the dermatologist like I have, I will give you some of the tips she told me to follow during and after the completion of my depigmentation treatment.
1. Monobenzone travels through the blood stream hence why the effects are visible in places the cream is NOT applied
2. Monobenzone is permanent it permanently removes melanocytes, you will never produce melanin of your original skin complexion.

3. Monobenzone has varying concentration and these concentrations and time frame will determine the type of undertone you will permanently have. Monobenzone contractions 80% and 60% the highest, 40% and 20%. With 80% there is NO undertone you will be paper white albino and Michael Jackson skin complexion. Monobenzone 60 will give you a white complexion with a slight cream undertone think of Asian complexion and European white. Monobenzone 80 and 60% are the STRONGEST this will remove color and undertone. Monobenzone 40 is the mildest out of the 2 it's strong enough to give you the desired complexion, my dermatologist said monobenzone 40 will give a light olive/ tan complexion with an olive undertone, think of a Spanish light tan or a Jessica Alba tan. I'm NC 50 and she said with the 40 % I can achieve a light tanish skin. The higher concentration you go the whiter and lack of undertone you will have REMEMBER THIS.

4. The skin will be more susceptible to UV rays and lack of protection from cancers, HOWEVER you can minimise this risk by lifelong sunscreen usage and UV protective clothing, believe or not they actually have UV protective dresses and clothing that you can purchase online. Sunscreen 50 - 100 broad spectrum provides sufficient protection. My derm said you will be at a lower risk of cancer if you practice the above and balance your sun usage. Know the times which the suns rays are the harshest normally during 6am - 4pm.

5. Authentic monobenzone is brown in color, the higher the concentration the darker brown the cream and the lower the concentration the lighter brown the cream. Also monobenzone 80, 60 and 40 % will sting when applied to the skin, the stinging is felt the most with monobenzone 60 and 80 with monobenzone 40 you will feel a mild stinging to the skin with the 20% you will barley feel the stinging
6. Application process is 2-4 times daily the frequently applied will speed up the process, for penetration exfoliate and shower each time before applying the cream.
7. She also said you MUST be consistent in order to see results. Depigmentation happens with 12 months of consistent use. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions and I will ask my derm on your behalf :blush:

· Registered
81 Posts
Rihanna literally has no undertone without self tanners and tanning oils, her skin is a greyish white and pale without self tanner even her tan line vouge magazine shot look artificial her tan lines were a greyish white similar to a depigmented skin and sorry but glutathione, laser treatments, peels, exfoliation nor brightening cream do NOT produce white skin without an undertone she removed her pigments and uses tanners to add color. Also you say she is always various shades in every picture, do you realise that it's the different self tanner brands and bases that give the illusion of different shades, for example if I used mine tan in ultra dark while on vacation and then used banana boat dark tanning oil the results would be completely different regardless of lighting, Rihanna is the ONLY Black celeb who skin fluctuates extremely. This has nothing to do with lighting AT all, Rihanna is only on vacation like twice or three times a year and no she is NOT always out in the sun this is only during vacation periods. She loves the water and evidence of her skin depigmentation is her tannner washes off and you can see her depigmentated skin and where the tanner is applied. Having depigmented skin doesn't mean the skin is intolerable to the sun, it just means it's more susceptible to burning and cancers, let's not forget Rihanna can afford the best sunscreen and skincare protection let's not act like she will let depigmented skin interrupt her daily schedule and social life. She also applies sunscreen while on vacation this is sufficient protection. If pictures are not evidence enough I don't know what is.

Attachments

· Registered
18 Posts
Hey, has your dermatologist never told you about repigmentation issue? Do you have vitiligo? If not, stop it! Small patches of pigmentation might appear within 1 -2 years after depigmentation process and once it happens it's hard to depigment because it comes stronger and resistent to monobenzone. If you have vitiligo and in case the onset of pigmentation occurs, it's easier to make it go away, I know several methods to solve this problem but if you don't have... go to the doctor!

· Registered
27 Posts
I have to reiterate what Wolf 26 posted. If you do not have vitiligo and you use Monobenzone (I'm not sure on Mequinol, seem just as dangerous), your color will come back! You will not depigment your skin permanently. Also, Rihanna is NOT depigmented. I'm sure she tones/lightens her skin but she is not devoid of all color, which is what Depigmentation literally means.

· Registered
81 Posts
90% of the information given regarding monobenzone/ benoquin in this forum is incorrect. Firstly Monobenzone is the compound used in the depigmenation process and compounded in cream form in the brand benoquin.

xarax
Because your Middle Eastern/ Arabic heritage I would assume your skin complexion is olive / tan right ?
I'm using monobenzone for my lips and I got it prescribed professionally by my dermatologist it's only 2% monobenzone, my deem said anything higher for the lips is too strong due to its sensitive thin structure. I'm also currently depigmenating my entire body. Here is some information my derm highlighted to me regarding the depigmenatation process.

1. Monobenzone/ benoquin comes in many strengths and concentrations; benoquin 20%40% 60% and 80 %. The higher the percentage number the more concentrated the cream also ALL authentic monobenzone cream is a brown and the more concentrated the darker brown the cream will be.

2. Benoquin/ monobenzone(both are the same ) is used for vitiligo patients and or individuals wanting permanently depigment(having permanent white skin) for cosmetic reasons too, mostly for vitiligo patients, but if you find a suitable dermatologist they can prescribe it for you without a vitiligo case. My dermatologist said that this is the procedure some celebrities adhere to.

3. During the depigmentation process expect spotting as you are literally removing melaninocytes. Essentially you are destroying your melaninocytes( melanin cells ) which give you the color of your skin and protection from UV/UVB rays and helps you absorb some of it and assist in the synthesis(making) of vitamin D. This is way sunscreen is essential for people with fair skin for melanin count in the skin is minimal. Remember depigmentation is the removal of melanin and the end result is white/fair skin.

4. The percentage of benoquin cream you decide to use WILL determine your undertone. For example 40% benoquin will give you light tan Hispanic complexion, 60% will give you the complexion of an average white person a slight cream yellow and 80 % will depigmentation you Asian white, this is literally what my dermatologist informed me. The more concentrated the percentage of monobenzone in the cream the whiter you will become. I would recommend using the 60% benoquin that will give you a natural white complexion anything higher will look albino. However if you are an olive tan maybe use the 40%.
5. Benoquin is permanent the results are irreversible, meaning you can never again reproduce melanin or revert to your original skin complexion, also you will not tan out in the sun you'll mostly burn depending how fair you are.

6. It's cheaper in the long run, meaning once you reach you desired complexion you will not need to repurchase or maintain the results. The results are permanent.

7. After depigmentation apply sunscreen for extra protection and buy UV dresses which block out UV rays and moisture to maintain skin elasticity. Remember you need sun and vitamin D however practice sun and skin safety.
8. Also the method of application and original skin complexion will determine how light and how fast you'll depigment. If applied 4 times daily and your a light tan expect 1 year for totally depigmentation. If your a dark brown with a rich melaninated skin expect 1 year 6 month to 2 years for total depigmentation.
9. If you become disinterested in how fair your complexion is you can always self tan to add color.
10. Menoquin will not depigment the skin only benoquin does this.

· Registered
2 Posts
90% of the information given regarding monobenzone/ benoquin in this forum is incorrect. Firstly Monobenzone is the compound used in the depigmenation process and compounded in cream form in the brand benoquin.

xarax
Because your Middle Eastern/ Arabic heritage I would assume your skin complexion is olive / tan right ?
I'm using monobenzone for my lips and I got it prescribed professionally by my dermatologist it's only 2% monobenzone, my deem said anything higher for the lips is too strong due to its sensitive thin structure. I'm also currently depigmenating my entire body. Here is some information my derm highlighted to me regarding the depigmenatation process.

1. Monobenzone/ benoquin comes in many strengths and concentrations; benoquin 20%40% 60% and 80 %. The higher the percentage number the more concentrated the cream also ALL authentic monobenzone cream is a brown and the more concentrated the darker brown the cream will be.

2. Benoquin/ monobenzone(both are the same ) is used for vitiligo patients and or individuals wanting permanently depigment(having permanent white skin) for cosmetic reasons too, mostly for vitiligo patients, but if you find a suitable dermatologist they can prescribe it for you without a vitiligo case. My dermatologist said that this is the procedure some celebrities adhere to.

3. During the depigmentation process expect spotting as you are literally removing melaninocytes. Essentially you are destroying your melaninocytes( melanin cells ) which give you the color of your skin and protection from UV/UVB rays and helps you absorb some of it and assist in the synthesis(making) of vitamin D. This is way sunscreen is essential for people with fair skin for melanin count in the skin is minimal. Remember depigmentation is the removal of melanin and the end result is white/fair skin.

4. The percentage of benoquin cream you decide to use WILL determine your undertone. For example 40% benoquin will give you light tan Hispanic complexion, 60% will give you the complexion of an average white person a slight cream yellow and 80 % will depigmentation you Asian white, this is literally what my dermatologist informed me. The more concentrated the percentage of monobenzone in the cream the whiter you will become. I would recommend using the 60% benoquin that will give you a natural white complexion anything higher will look albino. However if you are an olive tan maybe use the 40%.
5. Benoquin is permanent the results are irreversible, meaning you can never again reproduce melanin or revert to your original skin complexion, also you will not tan out in the sun you'll mostly burn depending how fair you are.

6. It's cheaper in the long run, meaning once you reach you desired complexion you will not need to repurchase or maintain the results. The results are permanent.

7. After depigmentation apply sunscreen for extra protection and buy UV dresses which block out UV rays and moisture to maintain skin elasticity. Remember you need sun and vitamin D however practice sun and skin safety.
8. Also the method of application and original skin complexion will determine how light and how fast you'll depigment. If applied 4 times daily and your a light tan expect 1 year for totally depigmentation. If your a dark brown with a rich melaninated skin expect 1 year 6 month to 2 years for total depigmentation.
9. If you become disinterested in how fair your complexion is you can always self tan to add color.
10. Menoquin will not depigment the skin only benoquin does this.
sorry I meant to quote you.How did you get your dermatologist to agree to help you depigment? Id like to get a dermatologist to guide me but im not sure how to ask.

· Registered
222 Posts
Sorry guys this is a little random, but Ive been researching about mequinol for a really long time and
it mentions that when used in higher concentrations and for many years, it will eventually depigment.
Even though it mentions that the depigmentation is permanent, I highly doubt it.
As for monobeznone, Im aware follicular repigmentation will occur, and when a non-vitiligo person has repigmentation, the
dark areas are resistant to monobenzone. Im not sure if thats the case with mequinol though.

I am looking to use mequinol in the future, but I am scared as I dont want to depigment.
Does anyone know if mequinol can give you extreme lightening without depigmenting?

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi girl I'm about to start My monobenzone journey too. I'm starting with my lips I was prescribed mono in lower concentration for my lips. The dermatologist said that it will depig my lips within 7 weeks permanently. My derm said entire body depigmentation with an undertone believe it or not she said UNDERTONE I got really excited it will cost me about 21,000 USD. My derm also said depigmentation comes in phases for example complete depigmentation paper white Michael, depigmentation with a yellow undertone(Rihanna tone without self tanner my derm confirmed that Rihanna depigmented when I showed a picture of her picture without makeup and told her this is my goal color) and a olive undertone depigmentation. My derm said the concentrations of monobenzone/ Benoquin will determine the type of undertone you will permanently have, for example benoquin 40%(olive undertone)
benoquin 60( yellow undertone / complete white no undertone) with the 60 is the strongest and which ever undertone you get will depend on how long you use it. Also I know I have the real thing because my derm specifically told me authentic monobenzone cream is a brown and the higher the concentration the darker brown the cream. Mono 20% is a light tan brown, Mono 40% is a medium dark tan brown and mono 60 is a dark brown in color hope this helps
Hi

WOW Didn't think that was possible . Are you able to send me the dermatologist details ? Please help. I have been trying to lighten my skin for almost 10 years and had no luck. Can you help me ?

· Registered
3 Posts
Monobenzone is very risky to use. I was using Mequinol and moved onto Monobenzone. It WILL leave you patched up if you don't finish the process -- and the process is not guaranteed (it might stop working). If Monobenzone stops working there is nothing else like it, you'll remain patched up forever. It also takes much longer in normal skin and re-pigmentation occurs even before you finish the depigmentation. Your patches might be white one day, then you wake up the next one and they have pigment again. It's a very depressing process and you'll be worse than you started if it doesn't work for you.

· Registered
18 Posts
So Lueth, I just wanted to say take care of what you tell to people, avoid spreading wrong information. I disagree about many things you told in this group, starting with number:

2 - I'd say monobenzone was made ONLY for vitiligo patients wanting permanent depigmentation;

4 - "The percentage of benoquin cream you decide to use WILL determine your undertone" where did you find this information??? Anyway it's wrong! I have vitiligo and I'm completely depigmented with only 20% mono, and I used 40% only on my legs but I admit it was a wrong idea;

5 - It depends, the results might be permanent but if you have too much sun exposure you'll likely have repigmentation in short- term and on top of it some vitamins might enhance it because it stimulates melanocytes reservoir to go up and produce melanin again.

6 - I agree with you partially, it's cheaper in the long run but you'll need to maintain the results.

8 - I'm not sure about it because I haven't read or made any survey about it,

9 - that info sounds a bit ludicrous!

· Registered
419 Posts
So Lueth, I just wanted to say take care of what you tell to people, avoid spreading wrong information. I disagree about many things you told in this group, starting with number:

2 - I'd say monobenzone was made ONLY for vitiligo patients wanting permanent depigmentation;

4 - "The percentage of benoquin cream you decide to use WILL determine your undertone" where did you find this information??? Anyway it's wrong! I have vitiligo and I'm completely depigmented with only 20% mono, and I used 40% only on my legs but I admit it was a wrong idea;

5 - It depends, the results might be permanent but if you have too much sun exposure you'll likely have repigmentation in short- term and on top of it some vitamins might enhance it because it stimulates melanocytes reservoir to go up and produce melanin again.

6 - I agree with you partially, it's cheaper in the long run but you'll need to maintain the results.

8 - I'm not sure about it because I haven't read or made any survey about it,

9 - that info sounds a bit ludicrous!
I thought this was not the real info either as I have medical background.I have yet to see a normal person without vitiligo who depigged evenly with Mono

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi girl I'm about to start My monobenzone journey too. I'm starting with my lips I was prescribed mono in lower concentration for my lips. The dermatologist said that it will depig my lips within 7 weeks permanently. My derm said entire body depigmentation with an undertone believe it or not she said UNDERTONE I got really excited it will cost me about 21,000 USD. My derm also said depigmentation comes in phases for example complete depigmentation paper white Michael, depigmentation with a yellow undertone(Rihanna tone without self tanner my derm confirmed that Rihanna depigmented when I showed a picture of her picture without makeup and told her this is my goal color) and a olive undertone depigmentation. My derm said the concentrations of monobenzone/ Benoquin will determine the type of undertone you will permanently have, for example benoquin 40%(olive undertone)
benoquin 60( yellow undertone / complete white no undertone) with the 60 is the strongest and which ever undertone you get will depend on how long you use it. Also I know I have the real thing because my derm specifically told me authentic monobenzone cream is a brown and the higher the concentration the darker brown the cream. Mono 20% is a light tan brown, Mono 40% is a medium dark tan brown and mono 60 is a dark brown in color hope this helps
Hi i am using monobenzone from this month but i am not getting any burning sensation people get after applying monobenzone is the monobenzone i am using is authentic

· Registered
51 Posts
Hi i am using monobenzone from this month but i am not getting any burning sensation people get after applying monobenzone is the monobenzone i am using is authentic
Where did you buy yours from ? Your tag says you’re from India and I know that the legit company is actually in India . (Benoquin ) . I suggest you exfoliate more but your not really supposed to get a burning sensation , maybe tingling .

61 - 77 of 77 Posts