Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Combination skin? Oily skin? Sensitive skin? Some combination of the above? Here is a lightweight, simple and effective morning (or evening) moisturizer!

I came up w/ this recipe because I needed something to go on under my clear zinc, and I needed it to be lightweight, non aggitating, quick to make and w/o any sort of residue. I hope you enjoy using the following recipe as much as I do.

For this you will need to gather beforehand:

• A small sized funnel (easier to drop in ingredients)
  • A small bottle w/ dropper (color is not too important)
  • A glass or plastic mixer
  • A clean 1 tsp
  • A clean 1/4 tsp

And the recipe is as follows:

• 1 tsp argan oil
  • 1 1/4 tsp rosehip oil
  • 1-2 drops carrot seed essential oil***
  • 1/4 tsp squalane oil

1. Placing the funnel over the dropper bottle
  2. Combine the ingredients
  3. Mix and store in a cool dry place.

Easy!

Use the dropper to extract a dime sized amount to use on face and chest. The mixture should absorb right into your skin within a few minutes. After that you can top with your ZnO sunscreen of choice. I find that this blend also helps remove some of the famous cast that ZnO sunscreens (even the "clear" ones) tend to leave.

***A note on the carrot seed essential oil: It's important not to overdo it w/ the carrot seed oil. It can be irritating in excess, but also (and more importantly) it will smell EXACTLY like a Ricola coughdrop for about 10 minutes after the moisturizer has been on your face. You can ...

-Omit the carrot seed (better to use it as a night moisturizer if you really don't care for the smell)
-Substitute it for another essential oil
-Or just use one drop

I hope that this recipe finds you well! Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes and you can enjoy a matte, moisturized face for the rest of the day!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts