Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I've been using Proactive for about 3 months now and want to switch to something less harsh. First, I should point out that this product has worked for me. I only use the cleanser and occaisionally the repair lotion. I should note, however, that I don't have acute acne. I suffer from very large, cystic type pimples that occur pre-menstruation. They are big, there are usually at least two, and they are VERY painful. Since using the Proactiv, I have only had one pimple, but I left it alone and it seemed to take care of itself. I'm 36 and am certain that there has to be a better product that is better for my, er, aging, slightly oily, skin than this. I think the difference for sure has been the benzoyl peroxide--all other products that I've tried (and haven't had the same luck with) have either contained salicylic or glycolic acids. Thoughts??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i always found proactiv to be too harsh for my skin--but if it worked for you, great! now i use a gentle aveeno cleaner and then use tea tree oil toner from Kiehls. it's really great---its not harsh or anything, but its natural and wonderful. best of luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in my forties and now use L'Bri Pure n' Natural skin care products. Their products are aloe based and am real pleased with the results. My daughter and I both used Proactive but did not see the results we were looking for. I am very pleased with L'Bri and wish that I had found them years ago.

·
Registered
224 Posts
there are tons of acne products that use the same ingredients as proactiv and are much cheaper. Do some shopping around for products with benzoyl peroxide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Proactiv also has a gentle formula as well. I believe that they have a money back guarantee don't they? You could see if they'll switch up your regular formulation for the gentle formula for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts