Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a book report of "Unlocking the Mystery of Skin Color" This post contains the main points of MSM skin lightening and the following are the before and after pics from the book.

**Results depend on what color you are to start. also, the results start being visible in 3 months and progress there after. These people took more than 8 months to get these results.**

" SULFUR THE GIFT FROM GODS!"
The Greek word for Sulfur is theione meaning divinity and associated with fire, volcanos and explosives. Sulfur was sacred to Athena in her role as a healer. Burnt sulfur's fumes are deadly but can bleach cloth. Burnt sulfur was used to expel demons, is associated with cleansing of sins and hot-springs sulfur baths were thought to heal the body of sickness. Many types of beneficial medications contain sulfur.

She says DO NOT TAKE L-Cystein, Methionine, NAC supplements, or unsafe forms of Sulfur. They are dangerous in supplement form but should be consumed only in foods. MSM is the safe form of sulfur supplement to consume.

She says GLUTATHIONE is very important also in clearing toxins for lighter skin and health.

THINGS TO AVOID
-Eating raw or undercooked: meats, eggs and fish darken the skin. They should be cooked well.
-Tylenol, antidepressants, steroids cholesterol lowering drugs, vitamin b12, folic acid, tyrosine, stress, smoking, alcohol and toxins in general all darken skin.
-Soy and soybean products
-Cyanogenic glycosides
-Grilled, charred or oil fried foods
-Iron cookware and too much iron or copper
-Photosensitizing agents including lemons and limes
-Dark fruits and vegetables, dark meats

GOOD THINGS-Drinking plenty of room temperature water
-Frequent baths
-Sweating
-Steam saunas
-Massages
-Rest
-Onion family
-Cabbage family vegetables
-Protein
-Fiber. Eat cooked oatmeal each morning
-Eat less salt and sugar
-Stainless steel or enamel coated cookware
-MSM Supplements and creams

Thienna states her hair became lighter using the method. More reddish. Also she says you can expect to get 10-15% blonde pubic hairs.

All in all the book did not offer much except the above hints. She talked about all our ancestors originating in Africa and migrating all over the planet. She talked about the environment, toxins and food intakes affecting their subsequent skin colors. She discussed some ethnic anomalies being the result of high sulfer content in the local water or environment. And then she talked a lot about nutrition in general. But she did not talk about her creams and supplements at all!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
84 Posts

Her colour now is bright white, and she looks very young for her age of 40.

But I have been taking it for a few weeks hoping it would reduce my chemically-induced melasma, and only looks like my normal skin is darkening around the melasma to match!

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grechen, Pycnogenol Pills, which is an extract of pine bark helps with melasma when taken orally, it also helps with inflammation and other skin issues NSI PycnogenolÂae (Pine Bark Extract) -- 100 mg - 60 Capsules - Vitacost

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Fascinating! Thanks for sharing this!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Thienna states her hair became lighter using the method. More reddish. Also she says you can expect to get 10-15% blonde pubic hairs.
yes, i'm 39 going on 13 today.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Amazon.com: Norman Goldman "Edito...'s review of Unlocking the Mystery of Skin Color: The S...

For those who want her book, please get it here & not from her website: you'll get reamed for $42 USD in shipping charges. I've read Ho's assertions with guarded isterest. Like the 2nd reviewer of this book in the link above, I find her 'science' is fuzzy at best & that research performed by others does not support her claims. If you do decide to go this route, please do not buy the sulfur from her directly as her prices are outrageous. You can get it elsewhere for much less.

IMO, her results look like the resuts of 6 months or so of Mono20%; widely used for complete depigmentation in Asian countries where a blanched look is desirable to many. Mono use often causes lightenin of head hair, eyebrows & pubic hair too as it affects areas beyond where it was applied & Derms do not quite understand how it works the way it does.

Reactions: Ewoewo

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
try Source Naturals.

·
Registered
524 Posts
some of my pubic hairs turned white!!

none my head hairs did though!

yet...

my facials hairs grow like crazy, but some eyelashes are twisted
upside down

i suppose thats a tolerable side effect given the overall benefits when msm's used with other natural stuff

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
FACIAL HAIR ??? I'll assume you are a male....I hope...For a woman, this side effect would be devastating.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks so much for posting that LNL! Did she say how much MSM to take? I've been meaning to post this for a while now so may as well do it now.

Now it may be wishful thinking or my imagination but I'm fairly sure that after two-three months (I forget exactly) of taking MSM the permatan on my lower arms seems to be breaking up! I keep seeing paler areas which I'm sure weren't there before! I'm also religiously using Likas soap on them too so I'm not sure which one it is or the combination of the two, but I'm fairly excited by this! I will keep you all posted!

Oh also, when drying my hair yesterday, I wondered what felt different. Then I realised it felt thicker at the roots! Yaaaaaaay!!!!!

I pay about $45 Australian (plus postage) for 1kg and I get it from here:

MSM Powder - Organic Sulphur; Pure Bulk MSM Powder MiSMo

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
yikes, I already have to wax
... I've got all of the facial hair (@ hairline, quasi side burns, faint moustache) that I can bear.

I'd end up with a goatee after the MSM!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I read on black hair media.com that NAC lightened skin after one "hairjourney" claimed she was taking it for an unrelated medical condition called PCOS and discovered accidentaly that NAC lightened skin or gave her "fierce even tone". She claims she took 4000 NAC, 800-1000mg grapeseed extract, and 150mg pycnogenol, and saw a yellowing of the skin in 3 weeks. A few research studies claim a combo of Nac, vit c and e lightened skin, whilst other studies have claimed grapeseed or pycnogenol have lightening effect so I thought there was at least a grain of truth in "hairjourney" of blackhairmedia.com's claims. I then started with NAC 4000 mg but cut down to 2000mg, pycnogenol-150mg, grapeseed extract- 400mg daily but it did nothing for me, infact the only thing that lightened, was my wallet, these supplements espercially pycnogenol and grapeseed extract are expensive when taken in mega doses, moreover some studies suggest NAC is potentially dangerous when mega dosed, so I stopped. However, I haven't learnt my lesson as I still look like a patchwork doll from uneven skin tone, espercially my hands, feet,Knees & knuckles, are just IMPOSSIBLE to lighten. I have now purchased 12% and 15% TCA, I'm prepping my skin now and will peel in about a month, but I'm thinking of getting gluthathione injections for overall skin lightening, if that dosen't work, is it safe??? Also LNL do you think that neoceuticals brightener will work on my hands & Knees etc, in the interim before my peel or which specific brand of HQ & RA is the better alternative ??

Reactions: Ewoewo

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thank goodness, Karenannev.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I read on black hair media.com that NAC lightened skin after one "hairjourney" claimed she was taking it for an unrelated medical condition called PCOS and discovered accidentaly that NAC lightened skin or gave her "fierce even tone". She claims she took 4000 NAC, 800-1000mg grapeseed extract, and 150mg pycnogenol, and saw a yellowing of the skin in 3 weeks. A few research studies claim a combo of Nac, vit c and e lightened skin, whilst other studies have claimed grapeseed or pycnogenol have lightening effect so I thought there was at least a grain of truth in "hairjourney" of blackhairmedia.com's claims. I then started with NAC 4000 mg but cut down to 2000mg, pycnogenol-150mg, grapeseed extract- 400mg daily but it did nothing for me, infact the only thing that lightened, was my wallet, these supplements espercially pycnogenol and grapeseed extract are expensive when taken in mega doses, moreover some studies suggest NAC is potentially dangerous when mega dosed, so I stopped. However, I haven't learnt my lesson as I still look like a patchwork doll from uneven skin tone, espercially my hands, feet,Knees & knuckles, are just IMPOSSIBLE to lighten. I have now purchased 12% and 15% TCA, I'm prepping my skin now and will peel in about a month, but I'm thinking of getting gluthathione injections for overall skin lightening, if that dosen't work, is it safe??? Also LNL do you think that neoceuticals brightener will work on my hands & Knees etc, in the interim before my peel or which specific brand of HQ & RA is the better alternative ??
No hotcake, the neoceuticals WILL NOT work on your hands and knees, those are tough areas, well maybe slightly brightening effect but knees no way. Try Triluma on hands and knees, and if you cant afford that then try the 0.1% Retin-A gel and HQ 4% together on the hands and knees and after you apply them wrap those areas with a plastic saran cling wrap overnight. If you dont see results then you might need fair and flawless 5xf body lightening serum, thats strong as hell.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Karenannev, she said to take 6000 mgs of MSM pills perday, 2 with every meal. so thats 1000 mg capsules/6 times a day. Her patients took 6000 mgs of MSM pills everyday, then they showered with MSM soap at 15% or more concentration, then they shampooed with MSM and they slatehered 15%-35% MSM lotions all over their bodies for 6 months to 2 years for those results.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 308 Posts