Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been doing MSM for a few days now, and I didn't weigh myself for a few days either.

I ate about 1200-1300 calories yesterday, was kind of upset since I want to lower it just a bit more. I went on the scale. I lost a total of 7 lbs in a few days? This is almost too shocking for me to believe, and I'm like "WOW MSM did this?"

I am also bruising on my body easily, and getting horrible head aches (which is normal so I take it well; not sure about the bruising... but if it causes weight loss I'll take the bruises).

Anyone heard about weight loss with msm???

I'm taking about 6-10 tbs a day, depending on the head aches.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Yes Weight Loss is a side effect of quality MSM intake because of the high amount of natural sulfur present in MSM that your body uses for its metabolism to function efficiently.

The headaches are a normal side effect of MSM.

But the bruising is NOT, if anything MSM makes your connective tissues and skin STRONGER and tougher so if you are bruising then its from something else.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also taking low amounts of DMG, which there is hardly any information about that, comes from the same site I purchase MSM. It could be from that.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I'm also taking low amounts of DMG, which there is hardly any information about that, comes from the same site I purchase MSM. It could be from that.

Thanks
Lamia, if there is "hardly any information" about DMG what made you decide to use it? What IS DMG?? I've never heard of it either.

I take alot of MSM as well but never had a bruising problem nor any darn weight loss.

If you are bruising without injury it is an issue for your DR! I'd be to my Dr lickety-split. He/She can do blood work to determine perhaps what could be the cause. Better to err on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ It's from this horse website (the shipping is about 5 dollars, wasn't going to just buy MSM with that price). DMG was relatively cheap enough to afford.

Yeah, I should see a doctor if it becomes more serious, I just noticed this today. It could just be I bumped myself. I just never bruise myself on my hand, but I did fell 2 days ago. Some guy ran into me, he was like 5'9; average-size guy . But I fell on my leg, not my hand... Hmm it could be just that, now that I'm thinking about it.

I'm going to copy/paste this

~~~
"WHY DMG?

* DMG (N,N-Dimethylglycine) is a metabolic enhancer that can provide increased benefits when supplemented even if there isnâ€2122t a deficiency.
* DMG makes the process of metabolism (breaking down or building up of compounds in the body) quicker and more efficient.
* DMG is a completely safe hypoallergenic nutrient.
* We donâ€2122t produce as much DMG as we grow older or if we are immune compromised, which leaves us more susceptible to stress and infection.
* DMG improves oxygen utilization, detoxification, cell protection, immune system modulation, and enhances the healing.
* Extensive research with animals and in clinical testing shows that DMG is an adaptogen that helps maintain homeostasis."

source What is DMG, how does it help, autism, immune system, neurological disorders ...

~~~~~~~

Then again, it could be that the DMG caused the massive weight loss... went on the scale today (after I ate). Yep, it's real weight loss, no lie. This is massive to me, like a MAJOR breakthrough, since how the heck could a person lose 7 pounds in 3 days. Yesterday (about 10 hrs ago; it's 6 a.m for me), I ate dinner; potatoes, steak, 3 cookies; total about 1500 calories. And I maintained the weight loss. I don't drop weight like that without starving, and I starved before, and I would had gained the weight back, so it's not water weight. Real weight. I even look at my waist, and it was thinner. I love whatever is going on with my weight.

But it's really aimed at horses and animals, and people with neurological disorders.

and another source in case others are still interested:
DMG: a Superior supplent that boosts metabolism and immunity! Add this to your regimine and improve your weightloss and health efforts — Smallworld Beauty Blog

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Interesting. I'm not sure I would take it based even on that amount of info. I have to be really careful what I add in to my regimen. It's worth doing MUCH more research to see how it works and WHY it is supposed to work. These so far are simple statements and on a horse site at that. It just doesn't really seem "safe" to me to take something based on incomplete info.
Please be careful!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 6 tablespoons is very high. Try backing off to 1/2 teaspoon for two weeks then work up to 1 teaspoon. 1 teaspoon = 5 grams. It won't hurt you to take as much as you are taking but your body will only absorb as much as it needs which is about 1 teaspoon a day then eliminate the rest.

You should also be drinking a lot of water with it.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

1 - 20 of 27 Posts