Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new here. college student
does taking MSM supplements along with Vitimin c work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there msm supplements,powder,lotion, you can

they say that you start seeing changes within a few months.
google yahoo answers msm skin lighting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"yes in fact it does it is a proven fact that if you take pure msm with vitamin c you can go from a naomi campbell complexion to a smoothe Halle Berry complexion in a time period of 1-2 years if taken every day in high doses"

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I would love to see results that drastic. It would make my little efforts seem so much more attainable. I had one lady from the Phillipenes tell me she can get a Gabrielle Union complexion to a Alicia keys complexion in 6 months with the lotions and creams she sells... As I am much more more optimistic than anything else, i still cant see it... if anyone as any pics or examples I am eager to see.. i want to be a believer...

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
MSM does work but its a very costly, time consuming, and annopying process. First you have to take 6000 mg a day of MSM thats 6 pills of 1000mg which comes in 60 counts for 6 bucks at CVS so add that up everyday for months thats a whole lot of money, topical MSM comes in 15% thats the highest and its cheap like 15 or less bucks for 4 ounces but the thing is you would probably need more than 15% compounded by a pharmacist or something - like 35% is good enough, and with a natural product it takes 6 months to see results and the results would be even at that mark then gradual lightening after that so its up to you.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
That is a whole lot of pills! I bet they aren't small either. GoddessOfEarth got results just like in the images you posted & for a while she had her B4 & after photos up to prove it. They were remarkable! LaDonna did it also. Both used lightening creams to get results. What happens when you allegedly reach yr desired colour with the msm? How many pills do you need to take to maintain it?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
LOL actually, you would have to keep taking it and there is absolutely no way you can cut down or "maintain" once you reach the desired color because sulfur/MSM doesnt stay in your body for that long and when you dont have enough of it then you go RIGHT back to ur original color, right away.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have been taking MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane) for about two months now. I stumbled upon it on some forum and googled it. It is actually pure organic sulphur and is as toxic as water. You can take megadoses of it with no adverse affects. Do a google search. I don't know if it will whiten skin but it is very good for your body and apparently for a LOT of ailments like arthritis. It is also supposed to be fantastic for hair, skin and nails, and for getting rid of toxins in your body.

Anyway, I am taking it just in case I have any dermal melasma/skin damage which it is supposed to be good for, along with using creams on the outside. Even if it doesn't do anything, at least it is good for me.

I don't buy pills, but just the pure powder which I buy from an Australian company for $56 Australian dollars for a kilo! Don't get it from the health food shop either, I got my first one from there for $25 for 100g, one tenth of the amount!!. You only need to take half a teaspoon a day for most conditions but I take a heaped teaspoon twice a day along with some cheap 1000mg vitamin c pills. I mix it with water but you can mix it with juice. It has a bitter taste but you get used to it. I actually quite like the taste now.

I wouldn't buy pills which are very expensive and full of fillers, etc. Better to get the pure stuff. I don't know whether it is doing anything underneath but at least it is good for me

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
have u noticed an even tone on some parts? btw this is a highlighting trick, since you've been taking MSM for two months, go ahead and apply the MSM 15% cream, the second u apply it your skin instantly turns 3 to 4 shades lighter, its called hte highlighting effect since u have so much MSM in ur body from two months and then u apply it idk how it just does that, it lasts for a couple hours then it goes down 2 shades but thats about it when u wash it off ull go back to ur original color

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Really??? That sounds a bit too good to be true
. Has anyone tried this? Um, I haven't really noticed anything yet, to tell the truth.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
That sounds scary & potentially...weird. What if this effect wears off faster on some areas rather than others? Imagine having one white arm & one brown one-or if it wears off of the top half of your face before wearing off of the bottom half

There's no way I'd chance it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
have u noticed an even tone on some parts? btw this is a highlighting trick, since you've been taking MSM for two months, go ahead and apply the MSM 15% cream, the second u apply it your skin instantly turns 3 to 4 shades lighter, its called hte highlighting effect since u have so much MSM in ur body from two months and then u apply it idk how it just does that, it lasts for a couple hours then it goes down 2 shades but thats about it when u wash it off ull go back to ur original color
So what if you grind all of the pills that you need for the day such as the msm sulfur and vitamin C, grind them to a powder along with fruit to make a fruit smoothy. Do you think that is a better idea, maybe not tasting so strong and it's all taken care of in just a couple of ups of fruit smoothy, perhaps. If someone were to buy these pills, it would prabably best for them to just buy them whole sale on like alibaba.com or something since they are going to be buying it alot anyway. At least buying it wholesale it can then be dirt cheap by therefore cutting out the middle man.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
you dont have to grind pills, there are places online that sell pure MSM powder for cheap, do a google search and buy the one with the most product at a reasonable price, same thing with vitamin C, when you get the powder, you should add two tablespoons of each into your drink or shakes daily

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you for your comments.
and to be honest with you all im really not trying to lighten my skin to that degree. I acutally find darker skin to be mor attractive rather than lighter skin or "white" skin is kind of boring and blan (no offense its just my opinion not trying to offend anyone.) I have extreame hyperpigmentation and so did my dad. but dad use this stuff and now all of the dark spots he had are gone and he's two shades lighter. hes been using it for 8 months.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Wow, that's awesome! I've only been using it for two months, so hopefully if I keep going it will work for me too, along with my creams

1 - 20 of 48 Posts