Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, well my husband plays tennis and back in March he hurt his calf, went to the doctor, had a sonogram, and was told he had a tear in his muscle. He bought these special socks which cost 80 euros wore them for a while went bak had another sonogram, which showed that the tear was slightly bigger than before ( forgot to mention that he was showing me some karate move, like you do when you've damged your calf
and said he hurt himself again
anyway he's been having pysiotherapy on it and today he had another sonogram and he's still got a tear....we live in Italy, he's Italian and I'm English..and I struggle to understand the system and ways of doing things here...but I think I've explained it about right...does anyone know of anything else he could do, should do...vitamins, minerals etc...would really appreciate another opinion thanks guys

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
He really needs to try and not move the muscle and keep any flexing to a bare minimum for it to improve. There are no real quick fixes to a torn muscle.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Seek for a Reiki master, at least the inflammation will be gone, almost instantly!
last week, it was my back, that I torn a muscle, and the following day of my treatment, I was just like brand new! and still are!
If you can't find one practitioner, go to a health food store, that is usually where they advertise, business cards at the counter, etc.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Actually, he should move the muscle and stretch it out. When muscles tear and rebuild they can heal slightly shorter hinding movement later on. You need to keep moving the muscle around in a controlled fashion. On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being unbareable pain, the stretching should be about 2 or so, just with slight discomfort. This is important at this stage.

Also, protein intake should be increased as the body with need it to repair the torn tissue. Massage will also help with the fascia that forms over the injury.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Since when did he start having physiotherapy? and how many times a week? Is he in pain when he does his physiotherapy?
Mariepop - I think that that poor innocent penguin in your avatar needs some Reiki. His pal just keeps on clobbering him.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I do agree with you, at least it is surrounded by ice, that's a good start for a treatmemt! LOL I think I will change it soon I find this poor penguin so miserable and boy can the world be so cruel, we saw it few times recently in here ooops! I shouldn't mention it, I don't want to start ww3 all over again

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I do agree with you, at least it is surrounded by ice, that's a good start for a treatmemt! LOL I think I will change it soon I find this poor penguin so miserable and boy can the world be so cruel, we saw it few times recently in here ooops! I shouldn't mention it, I don't want to start ww3 all over again
Just start posting in French and we will jump all over you!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I actually thought that the first photo was another gymrat with a gun, but then saw that it was a little chihuahua. Not much difference, though, really.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts