Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you on the HQ/RA regimen, you guys MUST use a moisturizer during the DAY with the sunblock and HQ 4% b/c a moisturizer rich in ingredients such as Coenzyme Q10, Hyaluronic Acid, Vit C, Vitamin E, Ferulic, Lycopene, and other antioxidants, increase the skin's absorption rate of HQ and effectively brighten tight dull post nightly Retin-A use. Using a moisturizer during the day with HQ will boost HQ's effect greatly because your skin will not try to compensate for loss of moisture by going into defense mode and darkening. DO NOT use a moisturizer at night though with the RA because you want the RA to work to its full potential. Use it during the day. I know this is simple knowledge but you will see how dramatic the results just by keeping your skin hydrated.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
395 Posts
For those of you on the HQ/RA regimen, you guys MUST use a moisturizer during the DAY with the sunblock and HQ 4% b/c a moisturizer rich in ingredients such as Coenzyme Q10, Hyaluronic Acid, Vit C, Vitamin E, Ferulic, Lycopene, and other antioxidants, increase the skin's absorption rate of HQ and effectively brighten tight dull post nightly Retin-A use. Using a moisturizer during the day with HQ will boost HQ's effect greatly because your skin will not try to compensate for loss of moisture by going into defense mode and darkening. DO NOT use a moisturizer at night though with the RA because you want the RA to work to its full potential. Use it during the day. I know this is simple knowledge but you will see how dramatic the results just by keeping your skin hydrated.
i agree with this, you need to keep skin healthy for positive results. i just take a supplement with food for now, skin is quite healthy at the moment

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
LNL I WANT to do this but my skin looks so much smoother when it's dryer. Whenever I use a moisturiser, my pores tend to look bigger and scars are emphasised. When I just use my HQ and sunblock it looks much smoother and tighter. But I seem to have hit a lightening wall and don't seem to be getting anywhere so maybe I should just do what you say. What if I just use extra HQ? It is very hydrating for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would have thought any oil could wreak havoc with acne prone skin but maybe not. Also, RA should combat acne or wrinkles. Scarfree, where do you get your jojoba oil and how do you use it with your other topicals: mix or layer?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
lightenNlift

i find what you say to be completely accurate

i notice that when I use sunscreen, i become darker. but the moment i stop using any sunscreen, i start to get lighter (this is with ANY lightening cream). i know everyone preaches that using sunscreen is to protect the skin, but it doesn't help me lighten at all. on dark brown people like me, sunscreen makes me look darker. anything that is oily will make me look darker. that's why i never used sunscreen on a regular basis. i hate how it makes me so oily and darkens my complexion

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
LNL I WANT to do this but my skin looks so much smoother when it's dryer. Whenever I use a moisturiser, my pores tend to look bigger and scars are emphasised. When I just use my HQ and sunblock it looks much smoother and tighter. But I seem to have hit a lightening wall and don't seem to be getting anywhere so maybe I should just do what you say. What if I just use extra HQ? It is very hydrating for me.
That's exactly what happens to me. That's why I never regularly used suncreen because I lighten my skin. I notice that I get much fairer when I don't use sunblock at all. I remember I stayed very light during a summer and used NO sunblock.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would have thought any oil could wreak havoc with acne prone skin but maybe not. Also, RA should combat acne or wrinkles. Scarfree, where do you get your jojoba oil and how do you use it with your other topicals: mix or layer?
Technically it is a wax, not an oil. It mimics the sebum in your skin, so that it "tricks" the skin into thinking it has produced enough oil and controls oil production.

I use it day and night and I take only a COUPLE of drops and put it on about 10 minutes after anything I use and under my sunscreen in the morning. I just read here about LNL suggesting not putting on moisturizer at night for the RA, but I actually use more of it at night as I like how supple and clear it makes my skin. So I suppose that is up for debate regarding that. I have RA .1%, so that is more than strong enough, so I haven't had a problem yet with it's effectivity. I'm actually going to go down a notch to .05% because the .1% is just a little too strong for me.

I don't recall the brand of my jojoba oil, I'll check when I get home and let you know! But I suppose you can get if from anywhere that sells it organic...

After searching (as I type), this looks like my bottle:
100% Pure Certified Organic Jojoba Oil | Desert Essence

Not sure if its the cheapest out there..

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Karenannev, I recommend you get a very light or OIL free matte moisturizer then, remember, the moisturizers you have used were oil in water or water in oil based emulsions, if you stick to oil-free moisturizers they will have a MATTE polished look on your face with the HQ/Sunblock because oil-free moisturizers use humectants to attract water to your skin without interefering with your oil production. And use a pea/nickel sized amount to the whole face, it doesnt have to be much but try this.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi TS , Can recommend a good moisturizer with the above ingredients..
Xtendlife moisturizer has all the above ingredients and has the right level and the most active ingredients proven to help your skin increase its production of collagen, hyaluronic acid, coenzyme Q10, etc. which help your skin stay youthful over the long run.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How are you suppose to mix HQ into lotion? Half and half?
You dont have to mix, you can first apply your HQ as you normally would, then wait 5 to 10 minutes for it to absorb and then layer the lotion/moisturizer LIGHTLY and evenly over the whole face then use a sunblock. Of course you can buy one of those european sunblocks with moisturizers already in them, La Roche Posay has an excellent one, search for it on amazon or ebay.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oil does wreak havoc on acne prone skin but there are certain oils such as Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado and Lavender Oil that helps acne and HELPS your skin problems without aggravating your condition when used very LIGHTLY. Jojoba Oil is the only oil that comes close to our own sebum which keeps our skin moisturized. Jojoba Oil will balance out your skin's production or overproduction in your acne prone skin's case of sebum and moisturize it.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts