Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I wanted to share with you my Before & After pic. The one on the left is before. The one on the right is after. I seem to have overdid it just a tad, but no harm. It matches well with my body skin tone; otherwise, it used to look uneven. I followed a very simple regimen once a day (at night). I used Glutathione cream with Hydroquinone 4%. Let me know if you wanted to know the procedure. Sorry if the pic is too small. I'll send the original pic if requested.

·
Registered
39 Posts
woow amazing results, what simple procedure did you follow? and can you mixed gluta cream with HQ?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hey there! You look great! You got even & natural looking results. Please share more about what you did & how long it took you to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello. Thank you very much for the feedback.

I used this products called Glutaderm Glutathione Cream. It came in a set with a cream and soap. I also bought Hydroquinone 4% from SkinTx. Here was my regimen:

A good hour before I'd go to sleep, I would wash my face with warm water with normal body soap for a minute. Then, I would pat my face dry with a towel. Then, I would once again wash my face, this time with the gluta soap. I would wash it for totally 3 minutes, area by area. Then, I would pat my face dry once again.

Now, I would apply the cream my face. I wasn't stingy with it. If an area looked like it could use a bit more cream, I wouldn't hesitate applying a bit more. Yes, I applied it under my eyes too. I had times (very few) that my eye would itch. It could well have been due the laser eye surgery I just got. But nonetheless, after applying, my face would look white because othe cream.

After around 15 - 20 minutes, the cream would set on the skin (It looked like it dissolved). Then, I would apply a thin layer of Hydroquinone 4% on the areas where I applied the cream. Once again, I wasn't stingy about it. But at the same time, I was careful not make it excessive (I've done quite a bit of research on mixing creams).

So now, I had a layer of two different creams on my face. One from the gluta cream, the other from the hydroquinone 4%. At this time, I let the cream settle in. I would wait for a good half hour or 45 minutes before I'd go to sleep. When I'd go to sleep, I'd make sure to the best of my ability to face up. I'd try not turn over and let my face rub against the pillow or anything.

When I'd wake up in the morning, I 'd wash my face for a minute with body soap. Before I'd go to work, I would apply Sunblock with SPF over 50. Just a thin layer is enough. When I would return home by 6, I would once again wash my face with body soap for a good minute or two, and pad (don't rub) my face with a towel. Then, I would loop this process for the next 3 months. I still have some cream left. I now use it as a maintenance and only follow the r egimen twice a week.

To really see changes, take a picture of yourself every week, from when you start the regimen, till the end. I did that. This is because, although my skin had lightened around the 2nd month, I couldn't see it then and there. Then I looked at the picture and noticed a considerable change. Then, I followed the regimen till month 3. And it looked a whole lot better.

If I missed any details, please let me know. Once again, thank you for the feedback. I would be glad to help out in any way I can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But I'm glad that you're happy. Your happiness is what matters most.
Hi vtoodler. Thank you for the reply/feedback. Actually the reason I did it was because only my hands, face and neck were darker than my body. It looked very uneven. I was raised in Dubai for 12 years. It's really hot over there and one is very susceptible to constant sun burns. I noticed though that I never reverted back to my original skin colour. I have also noticed that alot of people who are of Indian (asian) descent don't seem to revert back their original skin colour in they event they are exposed to the sun for a long period of time.

I also have to confess that this thing really didn't bother me as much until I would do some outdoor activities (swimming) with some cousins/relatives. They would notice it and subtly comment about it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks Tripodstud for showing your before and after pictures as I see your a stud in deed! It seems like you have a solid and effective regimen wit the glutaderm/hq and your skin looks nice in both pictures. How many weeks or months did it take to reach your goal? And the Glutaderm seems to be a good brand too.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Beautiful results! I'm trying to even out too. I've only been working on it since the beginning of July but so far so good.

Seeing your progress is encouraging! Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

You're gorgeous! ;D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi TS, you dont seem to have exfoliating agent (Retin-A) in the process.

And another qn, would the Glutaderm Glutathione Cream by itself be effective without the HQ.. Cos it seems like they promote that cream solely as well.
and how come u lather the HQ on top of Glutathione.. Isnt the HQ supposed to bottom layer, so it can affect the skin...

Sorry for the qn, if they are noobish... TIA

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello. Thank you very much for the feedback.

I used this products called Glutaderm Glutathione Cream. It came in a set with a cream and soap. I also bought Hydroquinone 4% from SkinTx. Here was my regimen:

A good hour before I'd go to sleep, I would wash my face with warm water with normal body soap for a minute. Then, I would pat my face dry with a towel. Then, I would once again wash my face, this time with the gluta soap. I would wash it for totally 3 minutes, area by area. Then, I would pat my face dry once again.

Now, I would apply the cream my face. I wasn't stingy with it. If an area looked like it could use a bit more cream, I wouldn't hesitate applying a bit more. Yes, I applied it under my eyes too. I had times (very few) that my eye would itch. It could well have been due the laser eye surgery I just got. But nonetheless, after applying, my face would look white because othe cream.

After around 15 - 20 minutes, the cream would set on the skin (It looked like it dissolved). Then, I would apply a thin layer of Hydroquinone 4% on the areas where I applied the cream. Once again, I wasn't stingy about it. But at the same time, I was careful not make it excessive (I've done quite a bit of research on mixing creams).

So now, I had a layer of two different creams on my face. One from the gluta cream, the other from the hydroquinone 4%. At this time, I let the cream settle in. I would wait for a good half hour or 45 minutes before I'd go to sleep. When I'd go to sleep, I'd make sure to the best of my ability to face up. I'd try not turn over and let my face rub against the pillow or anything.

When I'd wake up in the morning, I 'd wash my face for a minute with body soap. Before I'd go to work, I would apply Sunblock with SPF over 50. Just a thin layer is enough. When I would return home by 6, I would once again wash my face with body soap for a good minute or two, and pad (don't rub) my face with a towel. Then, I would loop this process for the next 3 months. I still have some cream left. I now use it as a maintenance and only follow the r egimen twice a week.

To really see changes, take a picture of yourself every week, from when you start the regimen, till the end. I did that. This is because, although my skin had lightened around the 2nd month, I couldn't see it then and there. Then I looked at the picture and noticed a considerable change. Then, I followed the regimen till month 3. And it looked a whole lot better.

If I missed any details, please let me know. Once again, thank you for the feedback. I would be glad to help out in any way I can.
thanks for yoru pic and sharing your positive experience with us, where did you get the Glutaderm Glutathione Cream, i cant find it on the site i am looking on, is it called my a diffrent name?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thank you for sharing Tripod
There appears to be a lot of interest in the products you used. I was considering trying Glut soap - so with your success story I just may order from your source. Islander appears to have tried to locate your source without success. Would you kind enough to post where you purchased them on our informational thread? Click on the link in Ondines signature (Post #6) above for quick access.

Congratulations and thank you again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@ Eternal
Hey! Thanks for the compliment
. I'd say it took me around 3 months to achieve the skin-tone I was looking for. I started mid-July of this year. the picture on the left was me at that time. The picture on the right is of me as of last week. As I mentioned, I went a tad bit over my expectation, but nonetheless its still acceptable.

@EggoMini
I sure hope it works out for you! Infact I had gone through an array of unsuccessful products at one time. I either broke out, or nothing happened. Then I took a month break before experimenting with other creams. I also remember drinking atleast 2 - 3 litres of water everyday during that time and still do.

@ oohman
Thank you for the question. I never used any exfoliating agent in my regimen. I had looked up Retin-A and other agents before I went through with the process. But, I was looking for something where I could use less creams. I can't take credit for this regimen though. My friend had tried this method and it worked for her. She had actually used Retin-A in the regimen. I just figured I could do without it. The only other cream I applied was sunblock in the morning.

@ Hypothermic, Islander5191, salsera
Appreciate the feedback very very much. Thank you. It is very encouraging to me too. I seem to be unable to post the website from where I bought the cream and set from. However, I will PM y'all and to anyone who's interested the links. I will also post them on the Informational link.

Please feel free to ask any question. If you want a detailed answer, I'm willing. If you are a first-time user, please let me know as well. I would rather have people starting off get it right the first time than keep investing in creams that don't work for everyone.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts