Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cap on my HQ is slit, I initially did not notice this when it first arrived. I saw it yesterday, and it seems the slit has gotten bigger on the cap. I'm not sure whether or not to continue using, or discard it.

I will attempt to insert a pic so that you can see what I am referring to.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I have this problem all the time with my Tretinoin I buy from allday.
I just find another cap from another product and replace it.
Have you punctured the opening yet?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Speaking of caps, have you seen the RA with a pump? I want one like that!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have punctured the opening. I just put some tape around it, but not sure if this will help. I am going to see if I can find a similar cap and try to replace it. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yes, I have punctured the opening. I just put some tape around it, but not sure if this will help. I am going to see if I can find a similar cap and try to replace it. Thanks for the suggestion.
It seems to be a common problem with their caps. I've read of others having this issue.
Assuming that's where you bought it.
Small price to pay for super low prices.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased this set of products from a different source, but this lady probably gets her products from A.D.C. herself. Hopefully, this won't mess with the effectiveness. At least I know that this is common and that she didn't "intentionally" sell me a product she knew had a slit cap.

ETA: I tried several times to order from A.D.C. and kept getting an error over and over until I gave up. But once I am done with my current set, I will try them again and hopefully I'll be able to order.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've never had the cap problem with ADC; been lucky I guess..If you can't replace the cap with another, try using a double fold of plastic wrap. It makes an air-tight seal so your HQ won't oxidize.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the suggestion Ondine, I have applied some plastic around the cap, but that cap is pretty much broken in half. I hope my HQ doesn't oxidize. It seems my progress is starting off so rocky, that it almost seems ominous..lol, as if something doesn't want me to do this. I had originally tried to order from ADC, and my card kept declining with some weird error, and I've used my card hundreds of times online with absolutely NO problems whatsoever, up until trying to order with ADC. I finally gave up, and found another lady online selling the products at a higher price. She seemed safe with lots of positive feedback, and she did deliver the products timely to me, but I'm disappointed with this durn split cap issue.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Don't sweat this: it is but a minor inconvenience. File it under $H#T happens & move on with your lightening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts