Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! I've missed you all so much, I've been busy like WOAH trying to get a musical together with a month and a half of rehearsals (cast of 14.... NIGHTMARE), impending graduation, class, homework, makeup workshops.... the list goes on and on! Anyways, I promised in another post that I would post my regimen (pictures will be up soon... I hope!) so here is what has been working for me!

Morning: Wash with warm water and Neutrogena Rapid Clear Shine Control cream cleanser (spot treat with Clean and Clear Spot treatment and moisturize with Clean and Clear Anti-Acne moisturizer as needed)

Evening: Apply Neutrogena Deep Clean cream cleanser (I'm diggin' the cream cleansers) and wait a few minutes while it breaks down the makeup and loosens the hold my primer has on it!, wash and rinse with warm water, pat with a towel so my face isn't dripping, then take Witch Hazel on a clean cotton pad and rub gently on my face.

After the cleanser and witch hazel I dissolve an uncoated aspirin tablet (bought my bottle at a dollar store!) with a few drops of warm water and honey, apply as a spot treatment and let it dry on my face. Rinse with warm water, moisturize and use the Clean and Clear treatment (I know that two spot treatments can seem like overkill and that everyone's skin is different but this works for me!) because it works for hours even after it dries.

I'm not saying my skin is perfect, lets be honest, I'm not living the healthiest lifestyle and with all the schoolwork piling up, I'm pretty stressed, but this regimen has kept my skin under control... I'll share a secret with you guys, too: I've got a breakout (and by that I mean three cystic zits) on my right cheek, but I can guarantee you that they will be gone within a few days (as opposed to a couple weeks, which was the approximate healing time it used to take).

Do I really need to say it? Everyone's skin is different, ProActiv works for my cousin but not my best friend (who have similar acne, but different skin types), witch hazel and cream cleansers work for me (and I can wear makeup fearlessly) but my sister wears makeup for 15 minutes and her skin flares up into sores that take weeks (AND I MEAN WEEKS) to heal and witch hazel doesn't work at all. There is no "One size fits all, Miracle cure!" It takes time, a healthy lifestyle, knowledge of your body, and some trial and error before something actually works... Keep searching beauties, I found my cure with the help of ladies (and gents) on here!

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Good for you hun! I am glad its working because you picked the right products, the neutrogena cleansers have the right pH, which is less than 4 to completely clean your face of dirt, bacteria, and oil without stripping the ACID MANTLE of your skin. The acid mantle is responsible for keeping acne bacteria and environmental toxins out and keeping moisture and sebum balanced. What may have happened is that, you might have used other cleansers before that had a pH of more than 5.5 so it damaged your acid mantle and threw your skin off, causing the acne and all, but now that you've been using the right pH cleanser your acid mantle is recovered and your skin is cured. The aspiring and the honey are great spot treatments loaded with antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antimicrobial agents. Also, the Witch Hazel closes and tightens pores and greatly helps with redness. Keep it up!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pro active never worked for me. I got relief from using a toner with salicyclic acid and later msm pills

1 - 3 of 3 Posts