Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted an introduction post so if you want to know about my condition, check there.
In short, I suffer from Dandruff/Dermatitis on my Scalp, Nose, Forehead, Temples, Chin and Chest.

I have tried many treatments some with success and others not. The successful ones soon become ineffective over time.

Now days, I am experimenting - PUTTING MY APPEARENCE ON THE LINE - to find a natural, safe and effective way to treat the condition.

---

This is my current daily combination:

I mix up the following;
Olive Oil
Manuka Honey
Aloe Vera Gel

I leave this one for 30 minutes then wash.

When showering/washing I use;
Pure Goats Milk Soap

After washing/showering I apply;
Propolis and Collagen Moisturising Cream

---

I will keep you updated over any changes in treatment or conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 days in and I am starting to notice tiny pimples appearing on the treated areas.

I am thinking my pores are clogging because of one of the treaments I use, probably the Olive Oil or Manuka Honey.

I am going to leave out the Honey and see if there is any change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I have stopped treatment now for a bit because I woke up with a terrible case.
My affected areas are really red and flaky.

I could attribute this to my diet. I have noticed, through trial and error, that what I eat can affect my skin in the following 1 or 2 days.

For example, takeaway pizzas make my skin flare up in the following 2 days.

Few days ago I had a party and just ate lots of sugary and fatty junk foods. This could be the problem.

I am going on a 2-week 'healthy as can be' diet without the original treatments - except the Propolis Moisturising Cream - and will see if this makes any change.

All trial and error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drink plenty of water being an athlete.

Stress certainly plays a part in flare-ups. At times of stress I do notice my skin worsens.

I have found a possible break in my condition though. For the last 10-14 days I have been on a Gluten-Free diet. I am also taking the supplements Fish Oil, Biotin and Evening Primrose Oil.

My skin is looking alot better, for a longer period of time. I have heard that Dermatitis can be attributed to a person suffering from Celiac Disease (Intolerance of Gluten). While I have not been medically tested for this, I always treat things as a suspicion.

So far eliminating Gluten in my diet has seemed to help. The supplements may also. We will see if this trial stands the tests of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.