Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted an introduction post so if you want to know about my condition, check there.
In short, I suffer from Dandruff/Dermatitis on my Scalp, Nose, Forehead, Temples, Chin and Chest.

I have tried many treatments some with success and others not. The successful ones soon become ineffective over time.

Now days, I am experimenting - PUTTING MY APPEARENCE ON THE LINE - to find a natural, safe and effective way to treat the condition.

---

This is my current daily combination:

I mix up the following;
Olive Oil
Manuka Honey
Aloe Vera Gel

I leave this one for 30 minutes then wash.

When showering/washing I use;
Pure Goats Milk Soap

After washing/showering I apply;
Propolis and Collagen Moisturising Cream

---

I will keep you updated over any changes in treatment or conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 days in and I am starting to notice tiny pimples appearing on the treated areas.

I am thinking my pores are clogging because of one of the treaments I use, probably the Olive Oil or Manuka Honey.

I am going to leave out the Honey and see if there is any change.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I think it's probably the oil. I know of some people on here that have used honey for masks and it hasn't given them problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I have stopped treatment now for a bit because I woke up with a terrible case.
My affected areas are really red and flaky.

I could attribute this to my diet. I have noticed, through trial and error, that what I eat can affect my skin in the following 1 or 2 days.

For example, takeaway pizzas make my skin flare up in the following 2 days.

Few days ago I had a party and just ate lots of sugary and fatty junk foods. This could be the problem.

I am going on a 2-week 'healthy as can be' diet without the original treatments - except the Propolis Moisturising Cream - and will see if this makes any change.

All trial and error.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
What about stress levels? Do you think that could affect your skin instead of what you eat? What's your water intake like? Sleep? What other factors do you think could affect your condition?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drink plenty of water being an athlete.

Stress certainly plays a part in flare-ups. At times of stress I do notice my skin worsens.

I have found a possible break in my condition though. For the last 10-14 days I have been on a Gluten-Free diet. I am also taking the supplements Fish Oil, Biotin and Evening Primrose Oil.

My skin is looking alot better, for a longer period of time. I have heard that Dermatitis can be attributed to a person suffering from Celiac Disease (Intolerance of Gluten). While I have not been medically tested for this, I always treat things as a suspicion.

So far eliminating Gluten in my diet has seemed to help. The supplements may also. We will see if this trial stands the tests of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts