Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I finally got my RA and HQ from ADC

Monday was my first day. I have not started using RA 0.05 yet as i had a glycolic acid peeling on sunday, so i wanted to wait one week b4 using RA.

Some years ago when i had acne my doc gave me RA and it made my skin a bit dry but it was not itchy for me. So I hope that it wont itch this time too.

As far as i have understood, the regimen should be like this right:

Morning: Wash face, wait 20 mins then HQ, moisturizer and sunblock
Evening: Wash face, wait 20 mins then HQ and after some mins RA.

Is this regimen ok? Or shall i change it or add sth to it?

I am thinking of using a Vitamin C serum, too.

Actually I wanted to buy NUR76. By "mistake" i clicked on the site skincaretalk and now i say thank god i clicked on it. I am so happy that i read here abt NUR76 and of course then didnt buy it. I am very thankful to all who helped me and posted abt HQ and RA.
Without u guys i would have bought sth very expensive which doesnt work anyway.

I am very excited. Will let u know how it works on me.
Thanks to u all :)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Meera and welcome to the site, If in the past the RA dried out your skin, why not try it every second night for a while to give your skin time to adjust to it. Otherwise it just may overwhelme your skin and get red and irratated, then you'll get discouraged.
Hope this helps ya out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mony, well it didnt dry out my skin totally..on my cheeks my skin was a bit dry but that was all. I had no redness and no itching. So I will again use it everyday but if my skin should become totally dry bcuz of RA..then of course i will use it every second day or reduce the strengh. But I cant remember that i had a peeling effect of which many are talking abt here.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yes it will peel, RA helps speed up cell turnover rate. That is why some use it. I myself, may start to use it- I did when I was in my teens for acnee.

·
Registered
412 Posts
HI Meera and welcome =)

A lot of the users here actually apply the RA fist at night then the HQ so we get the full benefit of the RA. However, you can apply it after the HQ if you notice it irritating your skin and you need something to "buffer" it. I did not get that much peeling with the .05% RA, except around my mouth area. I used it for about a month then upgraded to the .1%...which is some strong stuff..it made my face peel like crazy after two applications...so its good ur starting at the .5 also in the mornings i wait about 10 mins after washing to apply the hq (from what i remember reading, hq can be applied when the skin is still somewhat moist) and at night i wait 30 mins after washing to apply the RA

Happy lightening =)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi Meera,

You can also mix the creams together. That's what I do and it is supposed to be more potent that way. And it's quicker and easier too. Mooyou is right. You don't need to wait so long in the morning to apply your HQ, just when you apply RA at night. Good luck and I'm excited for you too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thankf for all ur replies, ok I will apply HQ after 10 mins. I was not sure how long to wait so i thought better 20 mins.
I hope that the RA 0.05 will give me some peeling...cuz i bought many tubes in that percentage..and bought only 1 tube 0.1.. Yes i also read here that many mix both creams..do u think it is better than applying it separetly??
End of this week I will start with RA on my face and I hope that the hyperpigmentation aroung my mouth wil soon fade away..i am suffering bcuz of it since i have been a child..
I will post my results!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Best of luck! I have some(hq & ra .05%) on the way too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts