Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Jose! I was so happy when I saw your photo that I almost cheered out loud! Bravo for you: your skin is much improved. In another couple of weeks, your dicolourations will be a thing of the past. Thank you for sharing your source and for being brave enough to post photos like that.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hey Jose! How are your results coming along? Since they were so dramatic after 5 days, now you must really be looking fantastic. I plan to order this soap as soon as my current product runs out. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Jose! I just ordered the soap. I'll post about any results I get. Thanks for the resource!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You can find an ebay.ca source that definitely ships to Canada. You even pay through paypal so you risk nothing & if someone at the shipper is fraudulent, they never see your financial info.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I am excitedly waiting for my soap to arrive. Please keep us updated on the results you get, Chino & Jose: your contribution is really helping people & adding to their alternatives. Please post about whatever lotion or cream you end up trying.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The papaya/kojic acid soap is available on ebay.ca. If you don't like the soap you bought, try this one.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Please let everyone know whether or not it works!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'm perplexed by the ingredients list too. I wonder why the papaya enzyme is not higher up on the list? The most active ingredients are typically listed first. Then again, since I'm not a chemist, many of these other ingredients might be actives too. I know the sodium Laureth is a foaming agent... much of the rest is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Well, guys, my soap arrived today & I used it once in the shower. It is softer than most soaps & it contains a little too much colourant for me (the drips from the soap were bright orange ) but I could feel the kojic acid in it tingling on my skin. There weren't any instructions to follow with it so I don;t know whether the soap suds need to be left to sit on the skin for a few minutes for maximum effect. I'll let you know of any lightening.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It could very well be that they are from different manufacturers or that the same company makes 2 different kinds of papaya soaps.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Yes, it is. The lonk Jose gave was to a source that doesn't ship to Canada so I found the closest similar product that did ship to here. Like his soap, this one is a papaya spao from the Philippines. It also contains kojic acid. I think you are right & we have a different product. Oh well, that'll just round out our product reviews & add (or eliminate) another option. So far, I like the way this soap cleans (the Dove soap leaves me feeling like I'm coated in something slightly slimy) but I don't get why they had to use so much orange colourant.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Sounds like it is doing something good for you!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Yep! I'm still using it. It is too son to say whether it speeds whitening, though. I think you do need to leave the suds sit for a while on the skin to get the effects. After a few weeks, I'll be able to say whether or not it is effective or if it just cleans.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Leaving the suds on is the key. Despite the weird colour & texture of this soap, it is helping speed lightening. It exfoliates well, leaving a smooth canvas for the creams. Mine has both the papaya & the kojic. I plan to buy more.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I will go check this product out, Jose. Thanks again for showing up & sharing your experiences. The Likas soap is different from most soaps I've tried. It doesn't burn & irritate like some of the acidic soaps but it still exfoliates very well. The best thing about it for me is that it doesn't leave a 'film' on the skin (which would negatively affect the absorption of the lightening cream). Those using those oily body washes would do well to switch. Likas soap leaves NOTHING on your skin but your skin.

I just got back from checking out the product. It is by Neo Strata! They make great stuff. No misleading ads with extravagant claims or whiter than white supermodels. Just the product details. The ingredients list is impressive! When I first began lightening in Jan, I was using their products too & with good results. What got me was the cost since I am lightening all over; not just a few uneven areas. I was using their HQ+ cream. Verry good, but too expensive for all over use.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Even with the blurriness, your complexion looks much more even that it was in your 'before' the Likas soap photo. Are you looking to even up yout dark spots to match the rest of your skin or are you looking to even the colour then lighten all over?

I am very happy with the even results I'm getting from the mono 20%. I ran out last Thu, but I'm expecting my new shipment early this week. In the meantime, I'm using the HQ4% during the interim & being mercenary re. the sun & sunblock. Next time I'll reorder sooner!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Well, then you'll likely achieve your goal rapidly with the NeoCeutical.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
WOW! Are you ever looking fantastic: like a better looking version of Jay-Z. Nice even glow on your cheeks & forehead: you don't appear dried out at all. The greyish black blotches have disappeared! Good for YOU! BTW, do you play a musical instrument? You have hands like a musically inclined person (my son & my 2 brothers all play guitar & have thoae musician's hands). Thanks again for the candid photo. Few people are brave enough to do that.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
This is something I'm unfamiliar with. I wouldn't've tried it with all those acids but if you say it is that good, that's a ringing endorsement. Do you think it could be a mild alternative to those too sensitive for peels (due to RA usage or plain old sensitivity)?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You may just have revealed a great alternative to RA! It might also serve as a 'bridging' product to help skin ease into RA use or even a nice boost before an event.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts