Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The papaya/kojic acid soap is available on ebay.ca. If you don't like the soap you bought, try this one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man.... this sounds very tempting but I don't know. My skin is effed up pretty bad and not know the ingredients in it kinda scares me.

I found it on Amazon... will put on my wishlist.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ahhhh.... Skip it. Went ahead and bought it.
For 6 bucks shipped, I figured it is worth a try.
I have tried far more expensive stuff with less thought...

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Please let everyone know whether or not it works!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got it a minute ago. Shipping was very fast.

Anywho, here are the ingredients. If any of them set off a red flag, please let us know.

Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Sethionate, Coconut Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine and/or Sodium Laureth and/or Sodium Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodum Stearate, Sodium Cocoate or Sodum Palto(sp?) Kernetate, frangrance, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Triosodium Eofa, Papaya Enzyme and coloring.

Spelling may not be correct. I don't like all the "and/or" in the list.
But uh... yea. I will test it for a bit before putting it on my face.
Maybe just was my hands or upper arms with it and see if it does anything good or bad.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'm perplexed by the ingredients list too. I wonder why the papaya enzyme is not higher up on the list? The most active ingredients are typically listed first. Then again, since I'm not a chemist, many of these other ingredients might be actives too. I know the sodium Laureth is a foaming agent... much of the rest is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'm perplexed by the ingredients list too. I wonder why the papaya enzyme is not higher up on the list? The most active ingredients are typically listed first. Then again, since I'm not a chemist, many of these other ingredients might be actives too. I know the sodium Laureth is a foaming agent... much of the rest is a mystery to me.
Sodium Laureth Sulfate is an alternative in most soaps to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. The latter has also been shown to remove warts, especially genital warts in labratory studies. I know this from my medical side (not patient side!).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am actually too scared to use it.
If I get a bad cream, its not too bad because it is further damaging already damaged skin.
If this is bad soap, it will damage a far larger area.

Anybody else use it yet?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I bought the soap and have been using it for 1 week but I haven't noticed any changes yet, i'm just a tiny bit skeptical about it, the smell, the ingredients and all but you never know, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Well, guys, my soap arrived today & I used it once in the shower. It is softer than most soaps & it contains a little too much colourant for me (the drips from the soap were bright orange ) but I could feel the kojic acid in it tingling on my skin. There weren't any instructions to follow with it so I don;t know whether the soap suds need to be left to sit on the skin for a few minutes for maximum effect. I'll let you know of any lightening.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is there a difference between the St Lika's Papaya and Kojic acid?. I'm thinking they are two different soaps. I bought the St Lika's and there is no Kojic acid in it

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It could very well be that they are from different manufacturers or that the same company makes 2 different kinds of papaya soaps.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey Ondine, I got my papaya soap through Jose's link in page 1, thread 8 from veryasia, is this the one you bought?, please let me know. It seems this particular brand of papaya soap does not have kojic acid in it, kinda confusing

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Yes, it is. The lonk Jose gave was to a source that doesn't ship to Canada so I found the closest similar product that did ship to here. Like his soap, this one is a papaya spao from the Philippines. It also contains kojic acid. I think you are right & we have a different product. Oh well, that'll just round out our product reviews & add (or eliminate) another option. So far, I like the way this soap cleans (the Dove soap leaves me feeling like I'm coated in something slightly slimy) but I don't get why they had to use so much orange colourant.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I guess we might be eliminating mine pretty soon but mine is the exact same one Jose claimed he used so maybe it's just not for me. I dont trust it, the ingredients are not even listed just said some blended herbs and unlike yours, no kojic acid!, so we'll see, I'm way too scared to use it on my face as my skin is extra sensitive, i've only used it twice on my body, the advantage though, no colorant is this one although its orange, doesn't stain your bath. Let me know if yours works and I might order your brand. I'm afraid it never ends with these skin care products!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the exact same one Jose got... I even saw his review for the product on Amazon.com (unless there is another Jose with the same exact success story about the product). There is no Kojic Acid in it.

I started using it about a day after I said I wouldn't

The area looks exactly the same... no improvements in color at all. BUT the skin looks tighter. Seems to be repairing or helping repair the damaged areas. If only that happens, I will be satisfied with the soap.

I will keep you all up to date...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Sounds like it is doing something good for you!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Yep! I'm still using it. It is too son to say whether it speeds whitening, though. I think you do need to leave the suds sit for a while on the skin to get the effects. After a few weeks, I'll be able to say whether or not it is effective or if it just cleans.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Leaving the suds on is the key. Despite the weird colour & texture of this soap, it is helping speed lightening. It exfoliates well, leaving a smooth canvas for the creams. Mine has both the papaya & the kojic. I plan to buy more.

41 - 60 of 127 Posts