Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I wasnt 100% sure where to post this, but I hope this is ok.
Now, Im actually asking a question in regards to my husband.
He is a 37 year old man who has realy rough facial skin. He has sun damage as well as the start of alot of wrinkles. His skin also look very dehydrated and tired. The poor thing hasnt got the best genetics as both his parents are the same. It's a shame cos he is so goodlooking.
He has never been one to care much about skin lotions, sunscreen etc (much to my horror) but now he is hitting his late 30's I think he's feeling it. He has started drinking alot more water in the last year which I think has helped. He is now ok with the whole mens skin care regime too
now that he's getting older.
What is the best mens skin care creams? We live in Australia. I was thinking mayby Jurlique? He realy needs a bit of help...what can you all suggest?
Thankyou in advanced

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jurlique is not bad, my husband likes using the ViDerm One Step for Men made by Dr. Kalil and sunscreen with a minimum spf 30. It is hard to get him to try to use more than that. It is a start compared to him just using soap on his face when we started dating. He likes to keep it simple.

Good luck

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Jurlique would be fine, but really you could use any line of womens products. Why limit yourself to just the men's line?

I would definately start with a good sunscreen and moisturizer. I just got the Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring lotion, my husband loves it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I agree with Gymrat. Start with a good sunscreen, moisturiser to suit your husband's skin type, vitamin c serum, and maybe Retin-A?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The last time i was in sydney i was asking if they sold dermalogica and they do, this is also a great brand for men as well as the ladies. Jurlique is good but not very effective if you are wanting to smooth rough skin and get your mans skin back looking like a 30 year old, dermalogica has a simple system which consists of washing applying your booster serum (which has ?10 or 15% salycilic acid and alpha/beta acids to renew skin and smooth it into baby soft skin) and a moisturizer for every skin type the also do a really good shave oil and hair body wash for home or the gym, and once your man gets used to the idea you can start to add other really good things like a manual scrub, eye cream and mask for ingrowing hairs also the bottles and tubes are a simple white with grey lids which dont look out of place in the mens locker rooms!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by jacqkay

Timeless Prescrption 3 step regiment. Then use Celluar Laboratories Re-Birth and De-Aging cream. Questions: e-mail me [email protected] The products work! Results are seen with a week.

Oh so you came here to try and push your product? You might want to read the rules of this site!

Skin Care Talk - Announcements in Forum : Introductions

And by the way, I have NEVER used a product (other than a TCA peel) and had results in a week!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Good that he's at least taking some initiative with the water drinking. I agree with all the sunblock suggestions. He would likely beneefit from the NeoStrata line of retinol/glycolic acid creams & cleansers to help gently exfoliate the build-up of sun damaged skin. Pumi suggested Retin A. He can begin with the 0.025% & as he builds tolerance, work up. This will not only help his current skin but change the nature of the new growing inskin cells. the new skin will be more evenly toned, fine lines will be diminished, his skin will be healthier in general. I am a regular RA user & there's nothing quite like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts