Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm 30 and still fighting a few acne breakouts. I'll let you know when I find something that works, but until then, I can share many stories on what not to do!
For me, the worst part of acne is the darn brown spots that follow after the zit....mine stick around for at least a year. Even though I only get a few pimples a month, the residual brown spots are always there, haunting me in the mirror every day, and they sure add up over time.
I'm looking forward to sharing stories, and getting advice from everyone on here!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'll be interested to hear about anything you find that's helpful. My granddaughter gets the full face breakout of acne several times a year (though, so far, doesn't get the residual brown spots).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure why I get them, sometimes they are brown, sometimes purpley....there is always a mark after a zit is gone! Its not textured like a pock mark, just discolored. It looks like I have freckles, but they aren't, and they are scattered all over. Not cute!
I have a consultation at a laser and surgery place tomorrow. I was looking at the Pearl Laser treatment, but I'm not sure if its right for me. I'm very concerned about things getting worse. I posted a picture of my face without makeup and you can see some of the spots, and my blotchy uneven skin tone.
I long for a smooth clear blemish-free face!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I always get marks too after a zit.. sometimes purply, reddish or brownish in colour. They keep adding on my face after every zits.Pls share some cures to eliminate these scars as they certainly look horrible

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh! dear it is awful to suffer from Acne but two little gems that I have found work are by Origins Spot remover - which can only be used at night but dries the spot quickly -, and Clinique. Blemish Control which does the same but can be used day and night. I think the names are correct but if not just ask at the counters that sell these products.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome,

Even though i dont have acne like when i was a teenager, i still have some breakouts in my back and face. Let me know of anything that works for you.

Ray

·
Registered
33 Posts
No easy solutions but using neat Tea tree oil on the spot will help dry it out also drinking lots of water will help to flush the toxins out which may be part of the problem.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the exact problem. My pimples sometimes turn dark purple especially when they are extracted but within a week the purple is gone. I wonder why yours stay? Well I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck and welcome to SCT!

Ever see a dermatologist for it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jenny McCarthy on TV yesterday said that her sig other, Jim Carrey, puts toothpaste on himself at night when he goes to bed. Did anyone else see that? I wasn't paying real close attention so don't know whether it's for the "after spots" or for the breakouts. I'd think maybe for the after spots since it has a whitener in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts