Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People, I am rather new to this board and honestly have not been too comfortable with any forum but depig in the past.

I have been consciously trying to lighten for the last two odd years with no success at all. Let me give you a history of myself as I am in desperate need for help. I am becoming depressed with no lightening occurring at all. Although I have not been very dark ever, Im south asian and light brown in colour, I WANT to lighten it significantly from the colour.

Heres my history -
Age 13 to 15 - This is the time I tanned wihtout knowledge from high yellow close to milky white kid to sometimes brown or sometimes deep tanned brown colour( obviously playing cricket in the sun wasnt helping, but not that I cared till the damage got done ) . I guess it was puberty time also so the increase in testosterone must have played a part in this. I broke out in acne at this point.

Age 16 - I started using retin a to clear out my complexion. It worked after a month and made a huge difference as my facial colour got back to really high yellow over time. People noticed, I got praises, everything went well.

Age 17 - I think this was the time I started hydrogen peroxide to alleviate my scar reddening which was the main problem for me wiht retin a. I literally have no scars but very minimal ones which bother me more than people as they literally have never noticed them. It worked and paled me out even further.. lest for temporary periods.. not more.. and did not work on my scars either.

I continued using these two products from time to time on and off in the next three or four years and they always seemed to work even if I started after a long time duration.

Age 21 - I suddenly lost interest in all the lightening shittie and stopped using it all. The hydrogen peroxide by this time had started failing for me as it refused to lighten me up at all even for temporary periods at this point. So off it went !!! Retin a I was worried would ruin my skin in the long run ( THATS WRONG INFO I KNOW NOW so wouldnt expect a long lecture on this one ) and quit it ..

Age 22 - I was the darkest I had been in years....comparable to my darkest years near puberty. I had decided I needed to start retin a again. Used it for a month - did not work, used for two months - ddi not work. Realised my skin had grown some form of resistance to it now.

Age 22 and a half ( or so i remember) - I chanced upon monobenzone on websites. I got eager, ordered some benoquin tubes and used them regularly mixed with huge bottles of cream. I guess that was a light dose... so it seemed to yellow me for like one day which i can remember.. and the next day I had become darker than I had ever seen myself in a lifetime ( not african or south indian dark but quite dark) . I continued using it and it just kept getting worse although evenly, there was no patching , lightening , whitening etc.

I decided to go full swing. started using the cream directly out of the tubes..
DID NOT WORK.. I felt my skin already had grown some form of resistance to it.

Then I Chanced upon Benzylarbutin - eveyrone was raving about it on the depig forum. My regret - THE BIGGEST SCAM OF A LIFETIME. I did order the powder which I kept mixing, so I thought it was my mix to blame. Then I ordered crap like radiance etc. did not work. I knew I had spent crazy loads of money on CRAP! My recommendation ??? I dont care about recommending but what i know is DONT USE BENZYL its a bag load of nonsense!

I ordered Hq and mono from mono.net and amadahitech then ...mono.net - the second biggest scam in this world!!!!!!

Started amandas mono which was not white but pinkish sweet in colour and smell... got me darker.... never saw an improvement. I wanted to kill myself.

Used their HQ which seemed to work, but a bad day in the sun got me so red.. when it got better I was reduced to my original colour...

Now hwen I try it it doesnt work... skins gotten resistant to this too ????

Age 24 ( my current age ) Tried Stillmans bleach by tiself .. did not work.. tried stillmans with fair and lovely for a week or more .. did not work...

I hate my skin colour( .... I can vouch I am not ugly from any angle.. lol.. but my quest for lightening my skin is so intense.... i feel ugly to myself.. especially when I compare my colour to lighter skinned friends.. i just hate it ...

Now im back on retin a and hq which i have from amandahitech .. two days again since I started ( was using stillmans and fair and lovely before that )

and obviously I am not seeing much change. my grief is that despite a cold cold uk weather I dont see any reduction in the melanin .... I really really am in distress... If i ever see a change .. its days when I look darker than my light brown now static colour.... and if i ever do look lighter its the effect of going from my darker days to the very same light brown colour i have been carrying since a long long time.. IMpissed.. IM upset. IM depressed.. IM soon going to get suicidal.People around me dont notice and most people from my country say my colour is pretty nice.But I have been lighter than this.I have relatives who are lighter than me and THATS WHAT PISSES me off so much !

They are hte same people who shared the same complexion wiht me as kids and now im like shades below ! Its simply not acceptable.. and I feel jealous of them all the time.. ( Please no lectures on love your skin, why shoudl you feel jealous. Its not something I can control... I just feel jealous and I am unable to do anythign about it )

Help me people..

Help me make a good mix of HQ ...and I will use it in conjunction with retin a....
IM just so fed up of being a light brown and not lighter.. I want pink in my complexion.. I dont even mind a very very high yellow.. I just DONT WISH TO be LIGHT BROWN anymore but much lighter.

I have seen miracles with BLACKS turning light brown.. So why cant I turn from Light brown to my childhood colour ? I am so not askign for more than I can get .. because thats a colour I did enjoy as a kid ! HELP ME!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
That was quite an experience and sympathize for you. The only thing I can conclude from this is how's your diet and usage of SPF? You described previously that you gotten red after being in the sun and using HQ and turned back to your old color. It is very important to stick using SPF especially using HQ; HQ makes your skin more prone to getting dark by sun/light exposure. Also, your skin darkening could be due to your diet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.. lansing.. firstly thanks for a reply...

I almost began to believe no one would bother to reply !

Your point on the spf seems fine.. but I used spf religiously while using hq...

inspite of that i ended up red burnt...

yeah the diet point makes sense too. so what do you suggest in terms of a diet ?

what are the dos and donts according to you ?

Your inputs may be helpful...

·
Registered
99 Posts
One thing I will say is that "blacks" being able to lighten is a bit of a open-ended guess on the shade you are referring to since "blacks" come in all shades and colors. From Vanessa Williams (the singer) to Serena Williams. So you would need to be more specific.

Also, your quest to get lighter is more than just using retinA or HQ, its also the strength you are using, how often you use it and how you use it in conjuction with other products. So if you want help on lightening your complexion, although I don't mind your story, you may want to be more specifc as to WHAT you are using and exactly how you are using it so the members here can get a better idea of what you may or may not be doing wrong.

I doubt you have some kind of "super skin" that is totally resistant to lightening agents, I presume it is in the methods you are using.

Some people do well with the .05/.1% RA and the 4% HQ, but some people need stronger formulations or different agents..

Good luck.

One last thing, I'm not here to judge anyone's reason for lightening. To me its like if I want red hair or blond hair because I think it looks better on me, then that's fine. So when I look in the mirror I will feel good about how I look. But what I don't understand is feeling like you want to end your life over it? Instead of focusing on your light friends, have you looked in the mirror and noticed your OWN beauty and not someone elses?? Someone else's skin complexion shouldn't change how you feel about the person looking at you in the mirror. Do what you can to change it if it will make you feel better, but still love and accept yourself and the fact that caucasians are shelling out hundreds of bucks to have a beautiful bronze skin complexion... It's stunning in my opinion... Were you teased about it or something?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Here are all your proven options to measurably lighten you past your light brown to pinkish:
1) Triluma
2) Fair and Flawless 5xf Intensive Lightening Gel - Skin Whitening Gel PH 5.5 (use on the face nad body)
3) Tonique 10x Intense Whitening Cream - Contains 10% sepiwhite powerful lightener and has a more stable chemical chain than Hydroquinone thereby lightening you quickly and without limitations http://www.toniqueskincare.com/All_N...Cream_s/32.htm

Those are the three effective ones for people who have failed to bleach to their goal from the Hydroquinone 4% and Retin-A 0.1% combination. you said you were desperate so go for it, all the explanations of those product and HOW EFFECTIVE they are and scientific backing is posted throughout all the threads by me.

ps, about the whole emotional thing you have going on with self inflicted depression, suicide and anger, thats very unattractive. You have this mental picture in your mind that lighter is beautiful when that shouldnt be the case, you should accept yourself and be confident, you are a man, men are rational so dont burden yourself with things you can easily take care of now b/c u are in this forum and I just gave you suggestions that will help you.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@scar - no I have never been teased about my skin colour.. thats not a criteria in my book of grievances.. but it pisses me off when my family / relatives tell me how much tanner I have become from the past ..... as when I was a kid ... and how my colour has 'gone down'.

It pisses me off when my cousins rave about their super light / almost white complexions and tell me that i havent taken enough care of my skin .... and thats why my complexion is no more like theirs.

It bothers me when I see people of my race lighter than me.... It makes me MADDDD jealous ..... lol...and I mean crazyyyy jealous....I dont make it obvious but it does bother me ...

Well lighter and lift .... and scar.. is there a way or method that I should mix up my hq powder to get the desired strength being recommended .i.e. 6 or even 10 per cent ?

Id like to know ..... and yes I would take care of the diligent use of spf henceforth ...

You know I wouldnt mind posting my video on this forum.. but im rather sceptical.. so if anyone wishes to actually see how my skin looks ... send me your email and i will send you my video alongwith my pics.... then you could help me ascertain what would help...

lansing what alias were you on at the depig forum ?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi Tennisfan,

I am so sorry you have been through all of this. My case is not as extreme as yours but I still feel your anger and frustration. I am also desperate to get my skin looking how I want it. This is the first time after years of thinking about it and trying useless over the counter things that I am completely determined to fix my skin. I am so happy to have found this forum as there is so much fantastic advice and so many suggestions from everyone.

Take LightenNLift's advice. Honestly, he knows what he is talking about and you can't go wrong with his advice. Everyone's skin is different. HQ/RA was working for me but very slowly. So, on LNL's advice I am now using Fair and Flawless 5XF Lightening Gel and it's only been five days, but I think I'm already seeing some lightening. So maybe try this or the Tonique. Both have Sepiwhite which is supposed to work faster than HQ, and may be more effective on your skin than all of those other things you've tried.

As mentioned by everyone else, you MUST not only use a good European sunblock, but also wear a wide brimmed hat, long sleeves and just try to avoid the sun if at all possible, at least in the hotter months and during the hottest parts of the day. I have become an expert at avoiding the sun and have even started carrying an umbrella. I HATE the sun for what it has done to me, and am determined to reverse the damage. You can do it too. Just stay on this forum and we'll steer you in the right direction

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool... I am wondering how I will stay away from the sun in the summers. considering ... being a man i cant roam around with an umbrella.. but yes im going to take that advice .. and work on it ...

What I was wondering was if I should like stop lightening creams for a week or two and just use retin a againso it purges my cells... and then once my skin is ready for treatment again I could start on with hq or fair and flaw or tonique etc.?

How do you think that would be ? does it make sense ?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Tennisfan, if Retin-A stopped working for you, and differin is weak then try Tazorac - tazorotene works in a differint way than all the other retinoids and dermatologists prescribe it for pigmentation issues; it has been studied that tazorac 0.1% strength delivers equivalent results to Retin-A 0.05%.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
74 Posts
All very good advise , but don't forget diet (meaning what you eat) plays a pretty important role in skin tone. For example when I was eating more raw foods my skin was much lighter and brighter I got compliments all the time. When I began to eat meat such as beef and poultry I noticed a gradual darkening of my skin tone. Also make sure to get at least 8 hours of REM sleep which occurs several hours before 12-am and drink lots of water to flush toxins out of your body.

I myself know the frustration of trying to lighten as do many others on this board. Its not just the slow progress but the cost of the products they can be quite prohibitive! Then at times when you do start to see some progress you run out of money to purchase the products and creams and are back to square one again Arrgh! But it seems to me that the folks on this forum who have seen results are those who have
and stuck with it. Some methods being to stock pile a whole bunch more so that it will last till you see results.

So I wish you the best.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OKies.. thanks guys .. I will purchase this tazorac thingie and start making use of it.. currently however, i have so much retin a .. i will use it wiht no expectations.. because yes . it does not seem to work on my skin any more...

So once i have tazorac i will start using it and then go on to the lightening products as mentioned by lighten above..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Age 22 - I was the darkest I had been in years....comparable to my darkest years near puberty. I had decided I needed to start retin a again. Used it for a month - did not work, used for two months - ddi not work. Realised my skin had grown some form of resistance to it now.

Age 22 and a half ( or so i remember) - I chanced upon monobenzone on websites. I got eager, ordered some benoquin tubes and used them regularly mixed with huge bottles of cream. I guess that was a light dose... so it seemed to yellow me for like one day which i can remember.. and the next day I had become darker than I had ever seen myself in a lifetime ( not african or south indian dark but quite dark) . I continued using it and it just kept getting worse although evenly, there was no patching , lightening , whitening etc.

I decided to go full swing. started using the cream directly out of the tubes..
DID NOT WORK..
I felt my skin already had grown some form of resistance to it.

Then I Chanced upon Benzylarbutin - eveyrone was raving about it on the depig forum. My regret - THE BIGGEST SCAM OF A LIFETIME. I did order the powder which I kept mixing, so I thought it was my mix to blame. Then I ordered crap like radiance etc. did not work. I knew I had spent crazy loads of money on CRAP! My recommendation ??? I dont care about recommending but what i know is DONT USE BENZYL its a bag load of nonsense!

I ordered Hq and mono from mono.net and amadahitech then ...mono.net - the second biggest scam in this world!!!!!!

Started amandas mono which was not white but pinkish sweet in colour and smell... got me darker.... never saw an improvement. I wanted to kill myself.

Used their HQ which seemed to work, but a bad day in the sun got me so red.. when it got better I was reduced to my original colour...

Now hwen I try it it doesnt work... skins gotten resistant to this too ????

Age 24 ( my current age ) Tried Stillmans bleach by tiself .. did not work.. tried stillmans with fair and lovely for a week or more .. did not work...

I hate my skin colour( .... I can vouch I am not ugly from any angle.. lol.. but my quest for lightening my skin is so intense.... i feel ugly to myself.. especially when I compare my colour to lighter skinned friends.. i just hate it ...

Now im back on retin a and hq which i have from amandahitech .. two days again since I started ( was using stillmans and fair and lovely before that )

and obviously I am not seeing much change. my grief is that despite a cold cold uk weather I dont see any reduction in the melanin .... I really really am in distress... If i ever see a change .. its days when I look darker than my light brown now static colour.... and if i ever do look lighter its the effect of going from my darker days to the very same light brown colour i have been carrying since a long long time.. IMpissed.. IM upset. IM depressed.. IM soon going to get suicidal.People around me dont notice and most people from my country say my colour is pretty nice.But I have been lighter than this.I have relatives who are lighter than me and THATS WHAT PISSES me off so much !

They are hte same people who shared the same complexion wiht me as kids and now im like shades below ! Its simply not acceptable.. and I feel jealous of them all the time.. ( Please no lectures on love your skin, why shoudl you feel jealous. Its not something I can control... I just feel jealous and I am unable to do anythign about it )

Help me people..

Help me make a good mix of HQ ...and I will use it in conjunction with retin a....
IM just so fed up of being a light brown and not lighter.. I want pink in my complexion.. I dont even mind a very very high yellow.. I just DONT WISH TO be LIGHT BROWN anymore but much lighter.

I have seen miracles with BLACKS turning light brown.. So why cant I turn from Light brown to my childhood colour ? I am so not askign for more than I can get .. because thats a colour I did enjoy as a kid ! HELP ME!!!!

u state:

u've tried monobenzone from all these different sources. and it didnt work.

u've used stillmans (highest mercury content of all creams in all the world) and that didn't work.

u're back on retin-a and hydroquinone mix from amandahitech 2nd biggest scam in the world!!!!
^^^^this part does not compute^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
yes guesswhoIam, that post is a mess from a lack of scienitfic research, testing, and knowledge before using products on one's skin. I could list about a handful of harmful ingredients from that post alone:
1) Hydrogen Peroxide for lightening: shocks hte melanocytes temporarily and makes you appear pale but overtime it DEGRADES your skin, your skin's elasticity, fibrolast product and not to mention its actual color which is produced irregularly after prolonged used. Also HP produced FREE RADICALS.
2) Monobenzone: not for COSMETIC USE, its used in the last stage of vitiligo depigmentation and it stays in your system, travels and bleached skin that hasnt been in contact with the cream.
3) Stillman's Bleach Cream: Has 5% MERCURY and 2% steroid, mercury at ANY concentration should not be in your body because its a heavy metal/element that damages liver, kidneys, heart, and your brain.
4) Benzyl Arbutin - Doesnt exist and the medical world doesnt recognize it as a skin lightener.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
524 Posts
yeah LnL...

im most concerned about tman cuz he seems to ironically hav tried only the most dangerous/inappropriate things for lightening!,... no wonder.

and now, looking FORWARD, says he's suicidal, yet is still using the retin-a or hq from amandahitech '2nd biggest scam in world!' -- why use a scam still??

tman pls consider throw it all away and start fresh-- use only retin-a (from ADC, or UK or Northamerican pharmacy), for a full month, to purify the skin and start clean-slate, fresh canvas.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
when people are desperate out of the misery of denying their true self body, skin, mind, and soul, they make hazardous judgement calls resulting in more self inflicted misery. He mentioned his family and friends are the root cause of this so its time to have a chat with them and invest moral values in them.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmmm.... you might be right.. i do believe HP ruined my skin in the longer run ... i totally agree with that .......

and guesswhoiam - you are right.. iv already started wiht a clean slate since yesterday... only retin a for a month now....

Well...its like this.. I dont have money at free will to spend.. I save up money i make and the money my folks send me to buy up these products. I have so much quantity of all of it ... that I make myself believe that they will work... that they have to.. i know in my mind i have been duped.. yet i do it.... because I cant afford instantaneous products al the time ... stillmans was cheap so i bought it...

Would it be ok if I coudl share my pics as well as camera vid with you guys ?

I think that would make sense and you could prescribe some better option for me..

BTW... I am seriously considering Lexis TCA peel option now .... it sounds really promising and anywhich way is a certified medical option for mild skin lightening and exfoliation ..

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
go ahead, you could try a peel called Skin Culture 2000 which has 2% phenol that will makes you either depigmented or lighter by a couple of shades, there is a one week downtime and 4 week healing process.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts