Skin Care Talk banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I did this, and tell me what you all think.

I mixed up 2 fluid ounces of Vitamin C/distilled water and I have it refrigerated. I didn't add anything else to it, just the water and the Vitamin C. I know it starts to oxidize but I use it so much, all over my body, that I wanted it already dissolved b/c quite frankly I HATE THE STIRRING! I used my stick blender and wow did that work better! I don't have the lotioncrafter ultrafine, so mine takes FOR-EVAH to dissolve. I figured this would make it fast, and I could just measure out the required amount of liquid C and add the rest of the ingredients as I run out???? Am I on crack, or will this be okay?

I will be buying the LC brand from now on.

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Msfancy, how much Vit C did you add to the 2 ounces of distilled?

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Not really, I have a squirt bottle I keep in my closet I use on my body. It doesn't oxidize that quickly. As long as it is in a dark container and in a cool place it should be fine. As long as the color stays like it is now, you are good to go. If it oxidizes you will know, it will turn dark brown and have a scent to it.

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
My spray bottle about 2 weeks or more. My serum I use up in a week or 2.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I am using it all over too, and it doesn't last long enough to oxidize.

I can't remember. Actually, my husband figured it out for me! LOL! I will have to ask him. I am so mathematically challenged. I want to say that I timesed it by 8. So 1.5 tsp (I am doing the 20%) of LAA x 8 equals 12 teaspoons. And 3.5 teaspoons of distilled water x 8 equals 28 teaspoons of water???? And there are 6 tsps in one fluid ounce.

I said 2 ounces and I meant 4 ounces. I was thinking of the bottle I put it into and I thought I put it into the small one, but I just checked and it is the 4 ounce one. So I think that is what I did!!

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Hey you sound like me!!! My husband does all the math around here too-
Don't worry about your C oxidizing!! Lather that stuff on proudly!!!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I do!! I have my sisters hooked on it too. My one sister called me from work the other day to tell me she just got her first compliment on her skin! She was SOOO happy!

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is so wonderful, well done for the original post and cant wait for the final recipe
I am sure goatlady is working on that. I really wanna try this out...especially if my lines on my forehead disappear! That would be my dream come true! I do look quite young (i m 34) but if i didnt have these horizontal lines on my forehead i would look much younger! like a school girl

Also havent started the Retin A yet so that would hopefully help too.
Please keep posting! I am loving it!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I am using it all over too, and it doesn't last long enough to oxidize.

I can't remember. Actually, my husband figured it out for me! LOL! I will have to ask him. I am so mathematically challenged. I want to say that I timesed it by 8. So 1.5 tsp (I am doing the 20%) of LAA x 8 equals 12 teaspoons. And 3.5 teaspoons of distilled water x 8 equals 28 teaspoons of water???? And there are 6 tsps in one fluid ounce.

I said 2 ounces and I meant 4 ounces. I was thinking of the bottle I put it into and I thought I put it into the small one, but I just checked and it is the 4 ounce one. So I think that is what I did!!
Okay. As it turns out, I was on crack after all. I went to use the already mixed up LAA and it was crystalized. I had put it in a dropper bottle and put it in the fridge and when I pulled the dropper lid out, it looked like one of those crystal sugar sticks! LOL! So I tossed it out. But dang...it sounded like such a good idea at the time.

I think I'm going to just use the LAA I have to use internally and buy the Lotioncrafter ultrafine to use on my skin.

Sorry for the bum steer, girls.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Sometimes I crack myself up too. I just love doing this stuff and when I make a big blunder I just go Oh, what the heck. It's cheap enough to experiment! But when I look at my receipts, it is much more 'spensive than when I'm buying it!! My husband told me the other day, Oh, honey, thank you so much for saving us so much money. SARCASTICALLY! LOL! Every new thing I just HAVE to try!

What does anyone think of silver powder? What is it intended to do and does it do that?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Got my scale and blender today
almost ready to become a mad scientist ******* witch

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
You may not say that when I PM you daily with a red alert HELP!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
yup silver is antibacterial / microbial. gets used in silver nanofibrous materials for sweat wicking etc and in lab equipement for its self cleaning properties.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts