Skin Care Talk banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm ready to make a fabulous eye cream as well. I just perfected my c and am working on a moisturizer so it had to be pushed back a little

So far I will put in my cream:

Eyersil (lotioncrafters)
Pephatight (lotioncrafters)
DMAE
NiACINAMIDE
B5
Dimathone (actives in)
Matrixyl 3000
Sea Kelp Bioferment
Caffeine

I am interested in getting some wheat protein as well, as I understand it is a wonderful addition to any eye cream.

As far as "recipe"s are concerned, I am personally going to go back in and put in the %'s for most of the ingredients, approximate some others and then decide if I will use my moisturizer or a store bought base. I haven't really caught any eye cream recipes I thought were better than the one I can make
(or anyone can make diy)

·
Registered
556 Posts
edensong when I first got into the whole diy thing myself I asked a lot of questions on here and other diy sites and I also went to someone who has been diying formulas and selling them to the public and he told me to stick to 5 or 6 actives per cream.

but Kassy has been diying for far longer than me, so I don't know she may disagree with me, I am just passing on what I have been told.
Hi all, I've read a bit about this too. Diy-guru Dr Todorov advises max 3-4 actives only especially when starting out in DIY. Reasons given include: a) difficult to get high enough concentration of properly dissolved actives in single cream b) more actives means higher chance of cross-reaction or interfere with each others penetration (so, loss of effectiveness or side effects) c) no active works for everyone as our skin biochemistry is so different - much easier to isolate "your" effective actives using a simple formula as opposed to a complex one.

So - that's his theory. I've got a lot of respect for his advice in general....but yet to control myself sufficiently to restrict to this number of actives though...the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned

I also think if a recipe gets rave reviews that's good enough for me. Big thanks for the recipe

p.s. eden I don't think the advice would apply to EOs so much - more to synthetics where interractions & sentitivities are likely - but I'm no expert!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm ready to make a fabulous eye cream as well. I just perfected my c and am working on a moisturizer so it had to be pushed back a little

So far I will put in my cream:

Eyersil (lotioncrafters)
Pephatight (lotioncrafters)
DMAE
NiACINAMIDE
B5
Dimathone (actives in)
Matrixyl 3000
Sea Kelp Bioferment
Caffeine

I am interested in getting some wheat protein as well, as I understand it is a wonderful addition to any eye cream.

As far as "recipe"s are concerned, I am personally going to go back in and put in the %'s for most of the ingredients, approximate some others and then decide if I will use my moisturizer or a store bought base. I haven't really caught any eye cream recipes I thought were better than the one I can make
(or anyone can make diy)
Hi there - I have Eyeseryl in an eye cream at the max recommended dosage - works great!...I can't wait to combine with pephatight. Please do post your feedback.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Since I am a purist and make natural and organic products and only dabble with some of synthetics, I'd suggest looking at the recommended percentages for each active. I can see why it may be better to stick to a few, as opposed to too many, but if the percentages fit into the formula and that works for someone, then go for it.
And, no, it wouldn't apply to EOs -- that's a different ballgame.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is an older thread, but I am curious to know if these DIY's are still working for everyone who was using them?
The Eyeseryl and Pepha-tight sounds like it might be a winner for under eye problems?
Would love to get some feed back!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Guess what? I told my husband that it would cheaper too! I'm spending more also. I've taking over the guess room because lack of space.LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is Multifruit the same as "fruit acid complex"?

Base: 50/50 base and european cream- total of 5 tbs
Ingredients:
Ferulic acid - 1%
Co-enzyme Q10 - 1%
Matrixyl- 3%
Resveratrol -2%
Anti-oxidant booster - 1%
ALA- 2%
Green Tea Extract- 2%
SesaFlash - 5%
NaPCa- 2%
Syn-Coll- 2%
Argilerine- 2%
Multifruit- 4%
Lactic Acid- 2%
Jojoba Oil- 2%
Vit.E - 2%
SKB - 4%
ELSerum - 1%
Hyaluronic Acid- 1%

Measurements(approximately)-
1%= 1.2gr= 1/4 tsp
2%= 2.4gr= 1/2 tsp
4%= 4.8gr= 1 tsp

I know this is an old thread but I was looking into making my own lotion based on this recipe and wondered if "Fruit Acid Complex" is the same as "multifruit"? Found it here on lotioncrafter: (https://lotioncrafter.com/products/fruit-acid-complex)

Thanks!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts